December 2011 Code Watch!

It seems do able HOWEVER my experience from the MNSSHP was dont do a park day on a party night lol.....Could you do it on your 'off' day? So the kids arent so tired of touring the parks all day?But your kids are a little older than mine so its possible that it will work!

We could do it on our off day. I just worry as I have an ADR at Tusker House the next morning at 8:30am! :rotfl: & I have an ADR at Narcoossee's that Wednesday night, I'd just have to switch it to a different night. So, the only thing that worrys me is our ADR at TH in AK...... decisions, ,decisions......:scared1::headache:

We could do it on our off day. I just worry as I have an ADR at Tusker House the next morning at 8:30am! :rotfl: & I have an ADR at Narcoossee's that Wednesday night, I'd just have to switch it to a different night. So, the only thing that worrys me is our ADR at TH in AK...... decisions, ,decisions......:scared1::headache:

I did an early ADR, it wasnt bad... could you see if they have a later time for TH?

Have you looked into ADRs for new dates and leave your plans as is, just see if ADRs are available on the new dates.

Do Tusker House/Animal Kingdom on the same day.
Do DHS/Sci Fi/Fantasmic/Osbourne on the same day.

I made my ADRs on-line and switched them around on-line, so for some restaurants I had planned to go to, I had a Tuesday reservation and a Thursday reservation made, just to hold it while I decided what I wanted to do. I had no problem with that, then I put my "puzzle pieces" together, called dining and cancelled the reservations I ended up not using. Some became available that had previously not been available (Rainforest Cafe @ Downtown Disney). I guess I am just saying you can go into dining reservations on-line and play with the reservations/dates to see if you can still get what you want when it would be more convenient. We don't prefer to park hop, although I do buy those tickets! But some people don't mind.

If you do go in and make multiple reservations, just don't forget to cancel what you don't want!

I am staying 3 nights / 4 days and then heading on the Disney Dream. Initally I had just a room. I switched to a package and got FREE Dining added on and two day tickets. We decided to go with the dining plus....

So my question is did we just pay the difference between quick service and plus dining? (Value Resort )

Doesn't seem we paid ful amount of dining....

With Free dining can you upgrade to plus and just pay the difference?

Many Thanks

Charleyann:santa:

I am staying 3 nights / 4 days and then heading on the Disney Dream. Initally I had just a room. I switched to a package and got FREE Dining added on and two day tickets. We decided to go with the dining plus....

So my question is did we just pay the difference between quick service and plus dining? (Value Resort )

Doesn't seem we paid ful amount of dining....

With Free dining can you upgrade to plus and just pay the difference?

Many Thanks

Charleyann:santa:

Yes its like $70ish dollars. I upgraded and just paid the difference :goodvibes

Yes its like $70ish dollars. I upgraded and just paid the difference :goodvibes

I thought that is what they did ! The price was so cheap....Worth paying the difference to get those character and dining experiences...

Many thanks for your time !!!:santa:

Charleyann

I think I figured out my plan for the Christmas party last night.
Going to leave Tuesday as is, tickets for the party on Wednesday night. Move AK to Friday, & do Epcot on Thursday instead. I can do a later breakfast at Epcot & just make a later morning of it. Moving Narcoossee's to Sunday night. Assuming I can get the ADRs I want switched around with no problem. :goodvibes

I think I figured out my plan for the Christmas party last night.
Going to leave Tuesday as is, tickets for the party on Wednesday night. Move AK to Friday, & do Epcot on Thursday instead. I can do a later breakfast at Epcot & just make a later morning of it. Moving Narcoossee's to Sunday night. Assuming I can get the ADRs I want switched around with no problem. :goodvibes

We always make Epcot our late start day following the party the night before.

Have fun and enjoy!

I have a question about booking multiple rooms. I may just need to call Disney, but I was trying to avoid that in hopes that someone knows the answer.

My husband, son, and I have reservations from 12/3 - 12/10 at CBR. Our check in date qualified us for free dining. My in-laws are flying in on 12/7 to meet up with us and staying until the 10th.

They booked at the Dolphin because it's cheaper, but logistically it would be so much easier if they were at CBR with us, especially since they won't have a car. I received a pin code in the mail to get a moderate at $119 a night, which would be cheaper than what they're paying at the dolphin. Could I keep our room with the free dining discount, then book a second room only reservation starting on the 7th for them using the pin code? They don't need tickets or dining.

I've booked a separate room for family coming in at a later date using my AP discount and never had a problem. The only condition was that I be present when they checked in. I don't see why it would be different using the pin.

So changed all days & ADRs around to fit in the Christmas party on Wednesday, December 14.

Sunday ~ MK

Monday ~ Epcot ~ Candlelight Processional Day!!

Tuesday ~ DHS

Wednesday ~ Day Off & MVMCP ~ Breakfast @ Cape May, late Lunch @ WL & a CS or snacks at MK during party

Thursday ~ Late Epcot morning, breakfast @ hotel

Friday ~ AK

Saturday ~ MK am, Epcot pm

The only ADR I couldn't get a decent time on was Chef Mickey's, so I just scrapped it. I had to take a bit later ADR at Tusker House on Friday, but that's ok. Everything else moved over perfectly.

So changed all days & ADRs around to fit in the Christmas party on Wednesday, December 14.

Sunday ~ MK

Monday ~ Epcot ~ Candlelight Processional Day!!

Tuesday ~ DHS

Wednesday ~ Day Off & MVMCP ~ Breakfast @ Cape May, late Lunch @ WL & a CS or snacks at MK during party

Thursday ~ Late Epcot morning, breakfast @ hotel

Friday ~ AK

Saturday ~ MK am, Epcot pm

The only ADR I couldn't get a decent time on was Chef Mickey's, so I just scrapped it. I had to take a bit later ADR at Tusker House on Friday, but that's ok. Everything else moved over perfectly.

Sounds like a wonderful plan. Have fun! :yay:

We had a late TH reservation when we went, it wasn't bad, they seem to run behind anyways! Sounds like a fun trip, is NPH the speaker at CP when you are going? That is who we will be seeing, very excit ed about that!

We had a late TH reservation when we went, it wasn't bad, they seem to run behind anyways! Sounds like a fun trip, is NPH the speaker at CP when you are going? That is who we will be seeing, very excit ed about that!

Yes, it's NPH! :love: I'm so excited, I'm really looking forward to it. I've loved him since Doogie! :rotfl:

Does anyone remember any of there bounceback offers? I know they are always in the room when you check in, I have never taken advantage as I have never thought I would go the following year...silly me! This is our third year in a row! I am trying to think of a way to convince my husband that we need to go again next year and stay in the new Arts of Animation Resort. Is bounceback only for your resort, only for the same time, do you typically automatically get the same deal. In our case now, free dining? It always seemed like a good deal to me, I just cannot for the life of me remember the offers!

Does someone have/can post what the discounts were for last year?

We are doing the Space Coast Half Marathon in Cocoa Beach and I thought about surprising my husband for his 40th birthday which is a few days later and spend one night at WL and do the Christmas party before coming home on Monday.

Our date would be 11/27. The current rack rate for a Courtyard View shows $371.

I cancelled my FD ressie @ Contemporary 12/10 - 12/17 (theme park view)

... as I finally got my AP ressie! A savings starting at $700 and if the more we cut down on binge eating, the more we can save!

:goodvibes

Hey everyone,
I didn't know this thread existed but we have a room block setup through disney group as my mom is a travel agent and I am getting married here. The room block is from November 29th to December 5th. However, they have been really good about allowing people to extend their time on either end with the discount. We have rooms at the All Star Movies, Port Orleans and Boardwalk. Boardwalk is $239 without tax, Port Orleans is $139 without tax and All Star $77 without tax. We do have to drop this block by Tuesday so if anyone is interested in changing their reservations to take advantage of the discount let PM asap. Sorry this is such a late notice.

I was sure the 10/5 15% posted discount on ASMo would apply to our two rooms but alas, it's only for Preferred rooms and we have standards. when I called, the CM looked, but couldn't find a pin yet for us. Oh well, there's still a bit of time left:rolleyes:

We made a mutual decision to cancel our trip for December and go next year instead. We were part of a vacation bowling league and had decided to go to WDW. Thankfully b/c we are participating again in the league, we can roll over our credits and use them between June 2012 and December 15, 2012. Whatever credits we get this year will just get added to last year's. Thankfully, nothing was booked yet, so no money was lost.

Unfortunately, we had a death in the family yesterday. My cousin's 14 year old son lost his battle with cancer. So my mom asked if we wouldn't mind postponing our WDW trip to next year since her and my brother are now going to Seattle, WA to be with my cousin and his family. They may need to use the money for Disney to pay for some of their travel arrangements. Although they are hoping not to.

I think I'm more disappointed than DS9 is. DH and I told him about it and DS just shrugged and said, "That's ok. It just means that next year I will be tall enough to ride the cars by myself." :cloud9: By "cars" he means the speedway next to Space Mtn. Right now he's about 3/4" too short to drive them by himself. Unfortunately, next year also means that he gets the adult DDP since he will be 10 by the time we go.

DH and I were surprised at his reaction and also very proud of him. He showed a lot of maturity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter