December 2011 Code Watch!

I'm so with you--and I'm afraid it is going to make me over-think and over-plan our meals. Which would be silly--my kids eat almost nothing and don't care about atmosphere except for the couple of character meals we'll do. I can make my touring plans. . . and that is about all.

:lmao: I have made myself not look at my ADRs anymore!! :rotfl:
I just feel kind of lost now, lol. Almost like that day after Christmas feeling! :confused:
My biggest thing now it trying to figure out if I should get tickets for MVMCP. I had already decided it wasn't worth it but darn, I just need something DW to think about & plan!

:lmao: I have made myself not look at my ADRs anymore!! :rotfl:
I just feel kind of lost now, lol. Almost like that day after Christmas feeling! :confused:
My biggest thing now it trying to figure out if I should get tickets for MVMCP. I had already decided it wasn't worth it but darn, I just need something DW to think about & plan!
Have you been to MVMCP before and not liked it?

You are right...it is yummy!!! They are two of our favourite items found at Le Cellier, a must for us every year.

I have tried now for 2 trips to get an ADR there BUT last time we had kids and I heard it wasnt a kid place.......mybe someone will cancel for this trip LOL :lmao:

jumping in way later then some.. LOL We will be in the parks dec. 18-21 after getting off the Disney Dream ... bummed that it looks like we don't get any dining plan...

Have you been to MVMCP before and not liked it?

No, we've never been to MVMCP. I keep going back & forth on going to one while we're there. The only thing making me second guess trying it out, is the price, lol. :scared1: We went to a halloween party on our honeymoon & I loved it! I just have to get over the $300 price tag! :rolleyes::teacher:

No, we've never been to MVMCP. I keep going back & forth on going to one while we're there. The only thing making me second guess trying it out, is the price, lol. :scared1: We went to a halloween party on our honeymoon & I loved it! I just have to get over the $300 price tag! :rolleyes::teacher:

The $300 price tag really is a huge price tag to swallow. But you are the only one who can make that call.

We have been to MNSSHP twice in one trip and MVMCP twice on each of 2 trips. We're doing it twice again this December.

If you compare the 2 parties, you will probably be disappointed in MVMCP. MNSSHP is the best hard-ticketed event Disney does. But if you can look at MVMCP separately and evaluate it on its own merits, I think you will enjoy it. And you should try everything at least once, right? It really adds a magical component to our December trips. And the parade is worth the price, with marching toy soldiers and reindeer. Sitting there in the dark with snow falling, late at night........ is just awesome.

You CAN see the castle lights without going to the party. But you can't see the parade and fireworks unless you will be there past the last party on the 18th.

We are now thinking of surprising the kids for Christmas and leaving after Christmas am. I was looking and I can't tell was there room discounts last December up until12-31? I am hoping for this year the same.

We are now thinking of surprising the kids for Christmas and leaving after Christmas am. I was looking and I can't tell was there room discounts last December up until12-31? I am hoping for this year the same.

Last years discounts had a check in deadline of Dec. 22nd. and it was good for length of stay. I have never heard of a discount with a check in date after that.

Oh bummer. Thanks

We LOVE :love: WDW at Christmas:santa:. We are going agian this year (we went the last 2 years). In order to make it more affordable and less crowded we go the week before Christmas.

We fly out at 5:30pm on Friday Dec. 16 (right after school is out) and we return Dec. 25th. Santa comes that night so we open presents on Dec. 26th.

If you can arrive by Dec. 17th you can get free dining for your entire trip. It is a huge savings for us.

The crowds are also less teh seek before Christmas as opposed to teh week after.

Maybe you can change your dates.

We LOVE :love: WDW at Christmas:santa:. We are going agian this year (we went the last 2 years). In order to make it more affordable and less crowded we go the week before Christmas.

We fly out at 5:30pm on Friday Dec. 16 (right after school is out) and we return Dec. 25th. Santa comes that night so we open presents on Dec. 26th.

If you can arrive by Dec. 17th you can get free dining for your entire trip. It is a huge savings for us.

The crowds are also less teh seek before Christmas as opposed to teh week after.

Maybe you can change your dates.

Oh thats a great idea!!!

The $300 price tag really is a huge price tag to swallow. But you are the only one who can make that call.

We have been to MNSSHP twice in one trip and MVMCP twice on each of 2 trips. We're doing it twice again this December.

If you compare the 2 parties, you will probably be disappointed in MVMCP. MNSSHP is the best hard-ticketed event Disney does. But if you can look at MVMCP separately and evaluate it on its own merits, I think you will enjoy it. And you should try everything at least once, right? It really adds a magical component to our December trips. And the parade is worth the price, with marching toy soldiers and reindeer. Sitting there in the dark with snow falling, late at night........ is just awesome.

You CAN see the castle lights without going to the party. But you can't see the parade and fireworks unless you will be there past the last party on the 18th.

You're right, we should do it at least once. I did love MNSSHP but realize they will be totally different. Definately plan on taking the youngest to MNSSHP next October when we go, just the 2 of us. $300 is alot, but we have saved over $600 deciding to drive instead of fly, not to mention the $1600 free dining has saved us as well. I think I may spring for it. I want to see the parade & the rarer characters. I'm sure the older boys & DH would enjoy the little lines for rides as well. Now, to decide if I should push our morning in a bit the next day, hehe. :rotfl: It's my CP package day (Monday, December 12), wonder if I should switch the planned party night (Sunday) to a different night, maybe Tuesday or Wednesday night.......decisions, decisions.
But then it messes up my other planned days......I need to stop thinking! :headache:

You're right, we should do it at least once. I did love MNSSHP but realize they will be totally different. Definately plan on taking the youngest to MNSSHP next October when we go, just the 2 of us. $300 is alot, but we have saved over $600 deciding to drive instead of fly, not to mention the $1600 free dining has saved us as well. I think I may spring for it. I want to see the parade & the rarer characters. I'm sure the older boys & DH would enjoy the little lines for rides as well. Now, to decide if I should push our morning in a bit the next day, hehe. :rotfl: It's my CP package day (Monday, December 12), wonder if I should switch the planned party night (Sunday) to a different night, maybe Tuesday or Wednesday night.......decisions, decisions.
But then it messes up my other planned days......I need to stop thinking! :headache:

I keep thinking about the samethings! But our trip is NEXT November so I have some time but everytime I add someone or something new or a new place to eat, it messes everything else up! I would def spring for it. You are saving more $$ elsewhere, I think you will enjoy it if you like Christmas time

We are driving about 13 hours to get to Disney and will hopefully get there around 6 PM. Does anyone know if we would be able to get into the Magic Kingdom or any other park that night? Our tickets don't start until the next day, but we didn't know if maybe they just opened the gates for anyone after a certain time until the park closes.

We are driving about 13 hours to get to Disney and will hopefully get there around 6 PM. Does anyone know if we would be able to get into the Magic Kingdom or any other park that night? Our tickets don't start until the next day, but we didn't know if maybe they just opened the gates for anyone after a certain time until the park closes.

No, they don't open the gates to everyone at any point.

But you can probably get your package park tickets the night before at guest relations at the park. This has been the case for some time. There has been much discussion here about whether they are gearing up to change that policy, but so far nobody has reported back having trouble with still doing this.

FD is announced via the web on different sites (including Disney itself), which we have been waiting for. We get a card in the mail from Disney with a 25% off room only deal for moderate resorts, then the following day we get another one with 10% off room only for moderate resorts. NO DEAL. We're taking FD, thank you very much :yay:

I was also waiting for FD and was tickled to death when I got it. Next day in the mail got a pin in the mail (first one I have ever received). It was for 35% for Wilderness Lodge from 12/11/11 - 12/22/11 and my dates were from 12/17/11 - 12/27/11, so I decided on the FD for the whole trip. :cheer2:

Our family loved the MNSSHP so much we went two years in a row, had no intention of doing that. Even this year, I wish I could swing it financially and go for the weekend just so we could go to the party again! Best parade I have EVER seen!

What do you mean about being able to see fireworks/parade if you go to the party after the 18th? Won't they be at all the MVMCP? Or do you mean after the 18th they do the parade/fireworks for the general pubic?

Our family loved the MNSSHP so much we went two years in a row, had no intention of doing that. Even this year, I wish I could swing it financially and go for the weekend just so we could go to the party again! Best parade I have EVER seen!

What do you mean about being able to see fireworks/parade if you go to the party after the 18th? Won't they be at all the MVMCP? Or do you mean after the 18th they do the parade/fireworks for the general pubic?

Unlike MNSSHP, where the ONLY way to see the parade and fireworks is during the party, with MVMCP they play those exclusively during the party, but once the last party is over, they start doing them for the general public during regular park hours.

I posted this in the December Planning thread as well, but a lot of those posts are just dates, etc. Was wanting some opinions on changing my plans around for the Christmas party. We answer quicker on this thread, hehe. :rotfl:

We're planning on going to the party on December 13. That had originally been my DHS day, with Fantasmic that night & the Osbourne lights.
Instead, I'm thinking of switching Fantasmic & Osbourne to the Thursday evening after AK.
Anyway, I'm thinking of changing my Tuesday plans around to do DHS in the earlier part of the day. Have breakfast at H&V @ 9am. Then do a sit down lunch at Sci-Fi around 3pm.
Hop over to the MK around 5pm. Do the party.

Then do AK Thursday morning, w/ TH ADR @ 8:30am, then lunch at FTBBQ.
Then hop over to DHS at 5pm to see Fantasmic at 6:30pm then over to see the Osbourne Lights.

Does that sound doable or too much?? Did it even make sense, lol?

Either that, or the party on Wednesday night (Wednesday is our day "off"). But then I think my TH ADR is too early on Thursday & I have to find a night to stick Narcoossee's into.
I hate deciding to do something & then changing it up again! Seems to be my curse with my Disney trips, lol. :rotfl2:

I posted this in the December Planning thread as well, but a lot of those posts are just dates, etc. Was wanting some opinions on changing my plans around for the Christmas party. We answer quicker on this thread, hehe. :rotfl:

We're planning on going to the party on December 13. That had originally been my DHS day, with Fantasmic that night & the Osbourne lights.
Instead, I'm thinking of switching Fantasmic & Osbourne to the Thursday evening after AK.
Anyway, I'm thinking of changing my Tuesday plans around to do DHS in the earlier part of the day. Have breakfast at H&V @ 9am. Then do a sit down lunch at Sci-Fi around 3pm.
Hop over to the MK around 5pm. Do the party.

Then do AK Thursday morning, w/ TH ADR @ 8:30am, then lunch at FTBBQ.
Then hop over to DHS at 5pm to see Fantasmic at 6:30pm then over to see the Osbourne Lights.

Does that sound doable or too much?? Did it even make sense, lol?

Either that, or the party on Wednesday night (Wednesday is our day "off"). But then I think my TH ADR is too early on Thursday & I have to find a night to stick Narcoossee's into.
I hate deciding to do something & then changing it up again! Seems to be my curse with my Disney trips, lol. :rotfl2:

It seems do able HOWEVER my experience from the MNSSHP was dont do a park day on a party night lol.....Could you do it on your 'off' day? So the kids arent so tired of touring the parks all day?But your kids are a little older than mine so its possible that it will work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter