December 2007 Waitlist Thread

NJmouse

DIS Veteran
I thought I would start a Dec waitlist. Who is waiting for what and at what resort?

I am currently on the waitlist @ Bwv for a studio (anyview) from 11/29 to Dec 4th. And a 1 Bdr bw view from 12/4 to checking out 12/7
(I have ressies for a 1bdrm from 11/29 to 12/4 and a 1bdrm preferred view (pool/garden) for the other, that will be cancelled if I get what I am waitlisted for.)

:tink: pixiedust: :santa:

I was waiting for a value studio at Akv 12/6-9 (actually any studio, but AKV was on the top of the list), put the request in on June 28th, and it came through this morning.

Good Luck to all those who are still waiting.

We are going Dec 8 - 13 with 8 people. So far, have ressies at:

Dec 8 Animal Kingdom Villas 2 bd Savannah view
Dec 9 Saratoga Springs 2bd (waitlisting for AKV)
Dec 10 AKV 2bd no view (waitlisting for savannah view)
Dec 11-13 AKV 2bd Savannah view

I hate to move 4 kids from AKV to Saratoga. I'm hoping my waitlist for that Saratoga Springs day will come in, with or without a view at AKV. I'd rather change rooms than resorts!

I was waiting for a value studio at Akv 12/6-9 (actually any studio, but AKV was on the top of the list), put the request in on June 28th, and it came through this morning.

Good Luck to all those who are still waiting.

Did your waitlist automatically go through, or did they call you? It seems every time I called them, I could get a little bit better on my waitlist. If you look above, you'll see my current situation. When we first started, I have 3 nights at SS. I'm now down to 1. Do you think it helps to call them?

It was an auto wait list. I gave them my preferrences and I have checked my DVC points everyday and today it went from 112 to 72, so something happened, check my vacation plans and there it was. No phone message, just the change on the DVC member site.

We will have to do a tour as we will be at Akv at the same time, lol.

I have been on the waitlist for a concierge studio at AKV for December 1 since 9:08 am on June 13th, the very first morning that AKV owners could book concierge.

Luckily, I had a cash concierge room at AKL booked for that night since January- long before I even knew AKV would exist. If I don't get the waitlist, at least I already have a concierge room as well as both the morning and evening safaris booked for DH and me.

Presently I have a studio, preferred view at BWV from 12/6-10, and a standard studio at BWV from 12/10-12/12. I'm waitlisted for any combination that will put me in one studio so I don't have to move!! But, at least I'm at the resort I want to be at!!

We are waiting for one night 12/9 at the BC for a studio.

We're waitlisted for a 2 bedroom Sun-Thu 12/2-6 any resort.

We are waitlisted for a studio and a 2br at BCV or BWV from 12/2-12/5. We've got OKW ressies right now, so we have something. I'll be cancelling these if my waitlist comes through.

I got the first two nights 11/30 & 12/1 - of course - they're the weekend nights that noone uses points for!!

The other 7 members of our traveling group really want to stay at the Beach Club. I hope that waitlist comes through so we don't have to switch resorts!!

Good luck to everyone who's on the Waitlist Watch with me!!

I've been waitlisted for a BW-view studio at BWV nor New Year's Eve since Feburary 1 at 1PM. Hopefully it'll come through soon!

We're waitlisted for a 2 bedroom Sun-Thu 12/2-6 any resort.

I just saw a post that TiffanyW1 called this morning and booked a 1BR at AKV in December. I don't know how MS handles "any resort" requests...do they really load in your request to every resort? In any event, I think AKV might be the best shot since they weren't taking December reservations at the 11 month or the 7 month mark.

I'd make sure they have AKV on your list! Good luck to everyone on their waitlists. :)

We are waitlisted for Dec 6 to 8 in a stuido at AKV (standard view), SS or OKW. I sure hope something comes through.

We're waitlisted for 12/4 and 12/6 for a 2 bdr at SSR. (we have the 5th and the 7th through 16th) Currently, we have NO PLACE to stay for those 2 evenings. Any suggestions? There are 5 in our party. We're borrowing some points, so double booking really isn't an option.

I also have OKW or BWV for the 2nd through the 15th or 4th to 16th. I doubt there's much chance that they would come through, but did it "just in case". I didn't do day by day, just the whole piece. We don't want to change resorts during the stay and SSR is fine with us, but a longer vacation (at OKW) or staying at BWV would be wonderful!!!!:goodvibes

I'm wait listed for a studio at VWL Dec. 11-14. I have a studio at BWV for those dates. I tried this last year too and got nada. But I love the BWV so I'm always very happy to stay there.

We have a 1 BR at VWL from 12/16 to 19/19. Waitlisted for any studio anywhere except SSR (staying at SSR in October and don't want to stay there again). If a studio doesn't become available, we'll keep the 1 BR, just didn't want to spend that many points that trip.

I was on a waitlist for Dec 20 in a 1 bedroom at VWL since 6/24/07. I just called today 7/12/07 and the CM said it just came available and asked me if i wanted to book it, I said yes. So my reservation is complete for 12/16 thru 12/23.

Jim.

We got our waitlist today!!

:yay: :yay: :yay:

We already had a 1 bedroom at VWL for 12/12-12/14 and were waitlisted 12/9-12/12. (We had a SSR studio for 9-12th originally) All nights of our wait list came through today.

I am 5 for 5 with the DVC wait list in the past few years. It's the way to go.

My is a long shot...but you never know, magic happens at DW.:wizard: I'm wait listed for any studio for the dates of 12/30-1/1/08. Of course I do have backup plan in place...staying at CBR in case waitlist did not come thru.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter