December 2007 trips lets chat

This is a great idea!!!!

Here goes:
1. number in your party and type: there are 4 of us; 2 parents, 2 DDs
2. When you are going: we are going Dec. 7th thru the 16th (10 days!!!)
3. Where you are staying: we are staying at the Carribean Beach Resort
4. What is you hobbies: my favorite hobbies other than Disney are cooking and scrapbooking.
5. What is your favorite disney movie: I can't pick just one, but Mary Poppins, Lion King, Cinderella, and Fantasia to name a few.

HI! mom2taylorandemily myself, DH and DD3 will be at CBR Dec 10-15 Is your family planning to decorate your window and/or door? I went to Home Depot and got the LGMHs the other day. Trying to decide how to use them.

I am soo glad that I found this thread! :banana:

It will be me, dad, and 2 boys ages 10 and 12
we will be going as they say the "worst" time to go which is 12/23-12/29, I didn't know that until AFTER we decided to go then..so now I am really worried that the parks are going to be so crowded that we are going to go crazy!! :headache:
we are staying at the All Star Movies Resort
hobbies are Disboards and anything disney related right now, I like to read, and watch movies
fave movie is Mary Poppins, Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast

even though we are going to be there at the busiest time of the year, we are sooo excited..well, I am..my kids don't know yet, we are going to surprise them and my DH hasn't been since 1980 so he doesn't know what he is missing..:woohoo:

so does anyone have any advice for going this time of year?:confused3

Welcome to the DIS TINKROX!

Yes, you are going at a crowded time, but at least it won't be hot.;) Seriously, though, you can still have a WONDERFUL trip, even with large crowds.

1) Buy a guide book and follow those touring plans!!!! (I like the Unofficial Guide to WDW....but Tourguide Mike-TGM-is good too from what I've read...his link is at the top of the DISboard pages...also, the Passporter)

2) Make sure your ADR's (advanced dining reservations) are made ASAP--if you have not already done so.

3) The biggest rule during the crowded season is to hit the parks BEFORE opening, leave around mid-day for a rest, and then back to the parks.

4) Remember to RELAX and have some fun. You may not get to see all of the things you were hoping to see (due to large crowds) so be sure to just enjoy the things you DO get to do.

5) Take some time to go visit the different resorts to see all of the Christmas decorations (especially the monorail resorts).

Have a WONDERFUL trip!

Tinkrox,
I've also heard that you probably don't want to do MK on Christmas day. It will be the most crowded. Have a terrific time.

1. number in your party and type: 2 adults, my husband and I.
2. When you are going: 12/19-12/25/07
3. Where you are staying: POFQ
4. What is you hobbies: ??? I can tell you my objective for this trip....Having fun, eating well and enjoying my husband. Making my dream come true by being at WDW for the first time.
5. What is your favorite disney movie: The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Tarzan, Cinderella, Pinocchio.

We have purchased AP's, so I added a night and couldn't get it added at CR, so we are satying at AKL on Friday, December 22 and we will have breakfast at Boma at 10:30 just after we check out.

We will be at WDW December 19-22, 2 nights at CR, then on to AKL for 1 night. Never done the hotel swap thing, so this should prove interesting.

We will leave home early on December 19 and I plan to take mom to The Boardwalk that night, since she has never been and enter the back gate at EPCOT to see Illuminations. We have breakfast at Chef Mickey's on our first morning and then on to a full day at MK, but we have to leave before 7:00 ince we won't be going to MVMCP this trip and we will probably go to DTD this night. Friday we are going to MGM in the morning, then check into AKL, then off to EPCOT for EMH. I think I pretty much have everything planned, just some fine tuning to make it great.

Suzanne princess:

1. Number in your party and type: 5 Adults
2. When you are going: December 27 - January 3
3. Where you are staying: My DF& I are staying at the Polynesian, and my mom, dad, & sister are staying at the Contemporary.
4. What are your hobbies: Spending time with friends & family...my idea of the most important thing in life. :goodvibes
5. What is your favorite disney movie: The Parent Trap

Hi everyone! My trip was originally planned for next week, but due to some family circumstances it may have to be held off til December. But that's okay, I've always always wanted to see the Osbourne Lights. Ahh.

Well, it'd be me, my mother, and father. And we'd go the first two weeks of December.

-- Jenny. :goodvibes:

We will be at Saratoga Springs from December 14-23rd.

Me, DH and our 5 kiddos 17, 12, 9, 6 and 4!

We are also taking our inlaws with us. :) We have only been to WDW once at Christmas so we are really excited. The kiddos and my MIL do not know about the trip yet.. it's a surprise for them!! This is the inlaws 2nd. trip to WDW. MIL and FIL went last year with us in March 2007 and MIL loved it. FIL decided to come along this Christmas for her Christmas gift.. of course it was our suggestion but she will be so happy! :)

1. number in your party and type: 2 Adults and 2 Children
2. When you are going: Dec 13th - Jan 04
3. Where you are staying: Kissimmee
4. What is you hobbies: My daughters
5. What is your favorite disney movie: All of them - I am just a big kid

1. Number in party: 2, DH and Me

2. When are you going: December 18 - 27

3. Where are you staying: Board Walk Villas

4. Hobbies: Photography, baseball, reading

5. Favorite Disney Movie: Mary Poppins

Number in party: 10 Adults - 5, 4, and 1 year old :jumping1:
When we are going: Dec.4 to Dec. 14 :santa:
Where we are staying: BWGV
Hobbys: Enjoying our family:grouphug:
Favorite disney movie: :tink: All of them can't pick just one.

We're at 93 days and counting (on 9/12) :santa: This will be the first time anyone in our group has been at Christmas

1. Number your group:12; my family and 2 other families of 4. Kids in our party will range from 8-18
2. When you are going: December 15th-22nd
3. Where you are staying: 1st time off-site; Bonnet Creek.
4. What are your hobbies: photography, scrapbooking and all things Disney!
5. What is your favorite disney movie: Parent Trap (original) & Mary Poppins

We are going to MVMCP on 12/17 and Candlelight Processional on 12/18 (5:00show)

What fun!! I wanna play:

Number in group: 5
ME! 39 :santa:
DW 30 :bride:
DD 7 princess:
DS 6 :charac4:
DS 5:darth:

When: Dec 2-Dec 8

Where: Polynesian

Hobbies:
Me: Cars and all things FAST!
DW: Quilting, scrapbooking
DD: Dolls, princesses
DS: Video games and legos
DS: Thomas and dinosaurs

Favorite movies:
Me: Sword in the Stone, Cars
DW: The Little Mermaid
DD: Aladdin
DS: Herbie (the new one)
DS: Cars

Our first trip in three years!!

Bob.

1. number in your party and type: Boy this one is tough to answer. There are six in our family, DH and I and our four kids (16, 12, 8, 4). For the first four days of our trip my friend and her husband and two kids (8 and 6) will be there. The day she leaves my parents pull in.

2. When you are going: December 12-21st

3. Where you are staying: BWI Deluxe room Dec 12-16, BWV Dec 16-21st

4. What is you hobbies:Working, spending time with my kids, photography

5. What is your favorite disney movie Sleeping Beauty and Beauty and the Beast.

Here's our info!

1. number in your party and type:
2. When you are going:
3. Where you are staying:
4. What is you hobbies:
5. What is your favorite disney movie:

1. 3 adults: me, DH and DS (21)
2. December 15 - 22
3. Contemporary Atrium Club (AP discount, yeah!!!)
4. scrapbooking, reading, camping, photography
5. Beauty and the Beast

MVMCP on 12/16 with LTT at 4:30
CP on 12/17 with lunch at Le Cellier at 2:30

Here's DS and I with the Guest of Honor at the last MVMCP we attended in '99:
d44aa09c.jpg

1.number in your party and type: 2 age 35
2. When you are going: Dec 15-21
3. Where you are staying: WL
4. What is you hobbies:
5. What is your favorite disney movie: beauty and the beast

number in your party and type: 3 Adults 2 Children. My DH, My Mother, Myself and 1 3rd old boy and 1 5 month old boy. My 3 year old turns four during our stay.

2. When you are going: December 12-16th

3. Where you are staying: Poly, Magic Kingdom View

4. What is your hobbies:Running, Yoga, Tennis, Stampin' Up.

5. What is your favorite disney movie: Me: Happiest Millionaire/Mary Poppins, Pete's Dragon DH: Sky High, Nemo, Mother: Thomasina/Anything with Donald Duck. DS - 3 Year old, Mighty Ducks/Cars & Muppet Movie, Infant: Baby Einsteins.

We have never been there for my son's birthday before and we are just so excited. We are totally surprising him.

1. 4 in our party me(DH), DW, DD5, DS1
2. Dec 12- 26
3. CSR
4. Family outings, and of course GOLF!
5. Too Many movies to mention.. my DD anything princess!!

MVMCP on Dec 18th

She has no idea that we are going... it will be a surprise when we get on the plane.

I hope everyone that is going has a wonderful time.

1. number in your party and type:
4- DH (Birthday while there) 33 Me 28 (for 1 more week) DD11 and DS6

2. When you are going:
Dec 13-20

3. Where you are staying:
SSR - Studio

4. What is you hobbies:
DIS, knitting reading church

5. What is your favorite disney movie:
Alice in Wonderland

We are MVMCP on 12-18
CRT ADR 12-19 (we are asking for it)
Processional Package on 12-17
Hoop-dee-doo on 12-13
Fantasmic on 12-16
Spirit of Aloha 12-15

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter