Dec 08 Waitlist thread

I agree about the waitlist needing to be fixed. I've posted under other threads about my recent experience. I decided to take a last minute trip dec 5-9 and called about 2-3 weeks ago to see if they had any 1 bdrms anywhere. Ofcourse, there was nothing available. I went on WL for 4 consecutive nights. Called 8 times a day, by day 3 or so, got 7th and 8th in BWV studio standard view. Kept calling 8 times a day, got 5th and 6th at SSR in 1 bedroom. So, I kept on the WL for all 4 consecutive nights at any resort in a 1 bedroom, so wouldn't have to switch, I also added WL for SSR 1bdrm for the 7th and 8th (was told by some MS reps that even though I had one WL for the 5th - 9th and one WL for the 7th-8th, that if the 7th-8th WL cleared, my other WL for the 5th-9th would still stay on there, even though the WL's had overlapping dates, but other MS reps told me no, that if one WL cleared, the other WL would be deleted because of having overlapping dates, they also said they could put a note in the WL to not cancel it if the other WL cleared, but that there was no guarantee of it not cancelling). Guess what? I called to check on my WL early last week, no match. I asked her to check BWV and SSR, and she says "oh, I have all 4 nights at BWV in a 1 bdrm pref/garden view". :rotfl: So, I said grab it, and she did. Then she checked my WL, and apparantly I had every possible WL on there for a 1 bedroom at any property, EXCEPT the BWV 1 bedroom pref/garden view!! So, if I hadn't called, I would not have gotten my terrific reservation. Anyway, like many of you have said, I don't trust the WL at all.

Just got two nights -- 12/26 and 12/27 at BWV standard. We're wait listed for BW view, and I called to check. She said she had the 1BR standard and would we like it -- then we could stay on the waitlist for the BW view. So we snapped it up. Now we're a go for 8 nights at BWV during the holidays. It would be nice if our BWV would come through so we don't have to move, but .... I'll keep checking.

Julie

For some reason this past week was apparently the time to score BWV! After calling a few days this week and then this morning I now have December 23rd-28th in a 1 bedroom garden/pool at BWV. Had very nice CM's this time around who encouraged me to call daily. :thumbsup2

Good for you! It must have been frustrating for you to be waitlisted at your home resort at 10+ months!!
Bobbi:goodvibes

It was especially as the other waitlist days 4, 8 and 9 came through between April and June. Just glad I could waitlist each day by itself instead of in a block otherwise 7, 8 and 9 may never have come through.

Claire ;)

Well, I just changed my plans for my 2 night December trip. I'm keeping the 7th at Pop, but I got a value studio at AKV for the night of the 8th. This makes me so happy since, I have a late pick up on the 9th, ME, and I get to stay around this wonderful resort for the day!

Last year, they had a craft of making a ostrich egg Christmas decoration, but I didn't do it. I sure hope they offer that this year.

One very happy DVCer!

I "see" you often on the games board, right? Maybe we can meet each other for real at AKV!??!

Lol 'see' you around there as well! We will be around AKV hopefully using the pool some days!

Claire ;)

Take me off the WAITLIST...I cancelled my WL yesterday, as well as my ressie. Hopefully, a lucky DISer will benefit from me cancelling. I was booked for a 1BR at AKV Dec 28-30 & Jan 1-3 in a Savanna, and a Value for Dec 30-31.

Good luck ALL!

I cleared a waitlist today. Night of 12/18 OKW Studio. Have just been on it a week. (Booked nights of 12/16 and 12/17 last week)

(Have not called at all since I went on waitlist)

Take me off the WAITLIST...I cancelled my WL yesterday, as well as my ressie. Hopefully, a lucky DISer will benefit from me cancelling. I was booked for a 1BR at AKV Dec 28-30 & Jan 1-3 in a Savanna, and a Value for Dec 30-31.

Good luck ALL!

Sorry to hear that you cancelled your trip. :sad2:

I cleared a waitlist today. Night of 12/18 OKW Studio. Have just been on it a week. (Booked nights of 12/16 and 12/17 last week)

(Have not called at all since I went on waitlist)

Congratulations!

WooHoo,

GOt one of my WL cleared - BCV studio 12/25 - 3 nights....

BUt I'm still making 4 moves for XMAS trip. Oh well ;)

Goldi

I cancelled one of the other WL earlier this week. I had given up... Maybe should have kept it now that some are finally clearing....

Oh well, we'll have a great time anyway.

GOldi

I'm never going on another waitlist. this sucks. Never once has one come through

well this is it... by Saturday I will be calling them to take me off the waitlist... Since Sunday woould be the day I have to cancel in order to get a full refund at POP...

I know what you mean bpmorley... I never knew this can happen even with your own resort... :sad2: :headache: :mad:

My waitlist for a BCV studio came through for my remaining 2 days 12/22-24, so we now have a 1BR and a studio at BCV 12/18-25. Yeah! We are still waitlisted (since end of June) for a 2BR for the entire stay (and cancel the 1Br and Studio), so we can save points, but I'm grateful that the studio came through.

I doubt it would have come through if I hadn't booked part of the trip by calling and seeing what was open.

WooHoo,

GOt one of my WL cleared - BCV studio 12/25 - 3 nights....

BUt I'm still making 4 moves for XMAS trip. Oh well ;)

Goldi

I cancelled one of the other WL earlier this week. I had given up... Maybe should have kept it now that some are finally clearing....

Oh well, we'll have a great time anyway.

GOldi

Congratulations! But wow, 4 moves will be tough.

well this is it... by Saturday I will be calling them to take me off the waitlist... Since Sunday woould be the day I have to cancel in order to get a full refund at POP...

I know what you mean bpmorley... I never knew this can happen even with your own resort... :sad2: :headache: :mad:

pixiedust: Good luck!

My waitlist for a BCV studio came through for my remaining 2 days 12/22-24, so we now have a 1BR and a studio at BCV 12/18-25. Yeah! We are still waitlisted (since end of June) for a 2BR for the entire stay (and cancel the 1Br and Studio), so we can save points, but I'm grateful that the studio came through.

I doubt it would have come through if I hadn't booked part of the trip by calling and seeing what was open.

Congratulations!

Anyone looking for a BWV studio: I just called member services and there is a studio available at BWV for 12/8. That really didn't help me so I didn't book it. However, if it helps you, I would call soon.

Anyone looking for a BWV studio: I just called member services and there is a studio available at BWV for 12/8. That really didn't help me so I didn't book it. However, if it helps you, I would call soon.

I called-and I am on the waitlist for the 7/8th BWVstudio(day by day)...but no..I am still on the WL and there is nothing for me...total you know what...I have been on the WL since the 7th month.:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter