Dec 08 Waitlist thread

Final day of my waitlist came through this morning. We have all of nights Dec 3-7th at BWV in a BW view studio. This last day also came through automatically even though the other three days I got through calling.

Looks like a lot of us are getting lucky.

got a value studio, came through on 11/15

DH is in the hospital. Just cancelled a Boardwalk View 1 BR Dec 3-12. I hope a DISer gets it. Good luck.

I hope all is well... sorry for the cancelation and DH being in the hospital.... :grouphug:

Have been calling and still no AKV or VWL studios to be had for 12/7 to 12/13. Guess we are sticking with SSR for this year. Hope we get a good view. We had road and bus stop the last time which was our first stay at our home resort.

I am so jealous!!! that is my home rersort too and love SSR... I always request for Congress Bldg... and only had stayed at the Congress the worst view i got from their was the garden... good luck!!!

our wait list just came thru for a 1BR 8th to 13th. :yay: :cheer2: :yay:
got SSR - would of loved BWV which is where we go on the 13th - but still we are just excited to get a room. :worship:

so there is hope. good luck to all of those still waiting.

yey!!! great!!!

Hmmmm maybe a Meet at the Lava Rocks is in order :thumbsup2

Called yesterday, still no luck for BWV. MS was very nice. She told me to keep calling.
Will try again today when I get time

I really wish all of you the best of luck! I have been watching this thread since February. We had a 1bdrm at VWL and then decided to ask friends and so we went on the WL for a 2brm. In June we decided to scratch that plan, and go in April with our friends. I have still followed this thread and I am really disgusted by the way our WL works now. It used to just be frustrating in your wait list had not come through, and so you called and it was "magically filled". At least that was a happy outcome, but always in the back of my mind was the question "did it only get filled because I called, and was I the next person on the waitlist?" Now it seem that most of the time, it makes more sense not to WL because the chances of multiple days coming available at the same time is so low, at least at smaller resorts and during popular times.
I was talking to DH this morning and we usually book right at the 11 month mark, but will be a lot more determined to do that everytime now. I just don't think that it is fair to the people on the waitlist for days to come through, and go to whoever calls. It seems that I read that one reason MS made this change was to cut down on calls. If so many people are calling multiple times to try to snag their days, it would seem that this isn't working.
Anyway, not trying to stir the pot, just my observation. I think that it is seriously messed up that I am left feeling that I could probably call everyday between now and when we were planning to go in December and probably get all or most of those days, and yet I doubt that there was much chance the way that the waitlist was set up.:confused3
Anywho, good luck to everyone! This is a great time of year to go!:santa:

I do not understand why the waitlists do not get filled automatically when there is a cancelation. There has to be a better way than now.

I have changed my waitlist request. I've dropped trying to get a AKV 2BR Savannah for Dec. 21-26. But I've added a VWL 2BR Dedicated for Dec. 21. My existing ressie is for a VWL 1BR and Studio for Dec. 21 and 2BR Dedicated for Dec. 22-26. I don't know why I didn't put in the waitlist for VWL until now. I guess I was hoping my AKV would come through. But I've given up on that (I don't have the extra points anyway). I know getting what I have now is a long shot, but we'll see what happens in the next month. I would hope being just one night, it will be easier to get than for the entire time.

Also, for those trying to get a Boma ressie for Christmas Day. I just canceled a 5:30 ressie for four people.

I really wish all of you the best of luck! I have been watching this thread since February. We had a 1bdrm at VWL and then decided to ask friends and so we went on the WL for a 2brm. In June we decided to scratch that plan, and go in April with our friends. I have still followed this thread and I am really disgusted by the way our WL works now. It used to just be frustrating in your wait list had not come through, and so you called and it was "magically filled". At least that was a happy outcome, but always in the back of my mind was the question "did it only get filled because I called, and was I the next person on the waitlist?" Now it seem that most of the time, it makes more sense not to WL because the chances of multiple days coming available at the same time is so low, at least at smaller resorts and during popular times.
I was talking to DH this morning and we usually book right at the 11 month mark, but will be a lot more determined to do that everytime now. I just don't think that it is fair to the people on the waitlist for days to come through, and go to whoever calls. It seems that I read that one reason MS made this change was to cut down on calls. If so many people are calling multiple times to try to snag their days, it would seem that this isn't working.
Anyway, not trying to stir the pot, just my observation. I think that it is seriously messed up that I am left feeling that I could probably call everyday between now and when we were planning to go in December and probably get all or most of those days, and yet I doubt that there was much chance the way that the waitlist was set up.:confused3
Anywho, good luck to everyone! This is a great time of year to go!:santa:
I agree with your observation.

I've never had anything but trouble with waitlisiting and they never come through for me anyway. I think I'm done with waitlisting until they fix the process so that people on the waitlist actually get the villas and not those who call 8 or 9 times a day.

I think a good way to do that would be for all canceled rooms to have to sit for 24 hours in a hold. This way when the waitlist checks overnight for matches, it will catch the rooms instead of them being given away before they even hit the waitlist.

I asked if it was available if I happened to be on the phone with them but otherwise just checked the website every few days. When I found out my days came through for my December trip, I found out while on the phone with them on Monday that they had come through on Saturday prior.

DH is in the hospital. Just cancelled a Boardwalk View 1 BR Dec 3-12. I hope a DISer gets it. Good luck.

:hug: Sorry to hear that! I hope that it is nothing serious.

our wait list just came thru for a 1BR 8th to 13th. :yay: :cheer2: :yay:
got SSR - would of loved BWV which is where we go on the 13th - but still we are just excited to get a room. :worship:

so there is hope. good luck to all of those still waiting.

I waitlisted just this Saturday for any studio anywhere 12/10 - 12/12 (2 nights) knowing my chances were pretty minimal. Imagine my surprise and delight when I see on the website today that I got AKV Value Studio for those nights. I'm not sure how I got that lucky and I am so surprised it came through automatically after reading how sometimes you have to call and call.

Good luck to everyone else!!! :santa:

Final day of my waitlist came through this morning. We have all of nights Dec 3-7th at BWV in a BW view studio. This last day also came through automatically even though the other three days I got through calling.

Looks like a lot of us are getting lucky.

got a value studio, came through on 11/15

I managed to get 2 nights studio VWL for 12/14 and 15th by calling yesterday.

Congratulations!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Doing the very happy dance as our waitlist for 12/7 in a dedicated savanna view studio at AKV came through, we have been on this waitlist since 1/31!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to add this suddenly appeared on the DVC site this morning!

Claire ;)

I agree with your observation.

I've never had anything but trouble with waitlisiting and they never come through for me anyway. I think I'm done with waitlisting until they fix the process so that people on the waitlist actually get the villas and not those who call 8 or 9 times a day.

It's funny. When I talked to MS a couple of months ago, she made it sound as if the "the calling multiple times a day to book or waitlist a day or two at a time" was NOT allowed at all. She told me if members tried doing this, that the previous waitlist(s)/bookings that they made for segments of their vacation would be cancelled and they would be rewait-listed/rebooked for the whole stay.

I did not think "piecing together" a reservation (the old wait listing/booking "day-by-day") was allowed anymore. I am confused and frustrated by this incongruence within MS.

If I am not understaning this new process, someone please educate me.

Anyway, to keep this post on topic, my wait lists are still active (as of yesterday) for 12/14-12/19 at any 2-bedroom at BWV or BCV.

:wave2:

It's funny. When I talked to MS a couple of months ago, she made it sound as if the "the calling multiple times a day to book or waitlist a day or two at a time" was NOT allowed at all.

I share your frustrations about the WL. I have had a week waitlisted since June and nothing. I have called a few times and now my week has come together. 12/18-25 BCV 1 Bedroom and 12/18-22 BCV Studio, 12/22-24 BWV Studio, 12-24-25 BCV Studio. Wish we could get a 2br or a BCV studio the whole time, but I'm not complaining. Initially when we reserved in June, we had our studio for my mom at SSR, so at least we are in the same area now. It's not fair to those who don't have the time to call and honestly, it probably is raising our dues to have people call so much, because they need more employees.

The problem with the new waitlist system is that they are requiring us to waitlist the entire stay, but will not hold single of multiple days when they become available - they open them up to whoever calls in if they don't match our entire waitlist. Realistically, what are the chances of an entire week coming available in the holiday season? Very small, but with the day by day waitlist system there was a realistic chance of getting most, if not all of your days. This new WL system is not working as is, because unlike many timeshares, DVC allows members to book single days, rather than an entire week. Time to go back to the old system.

Waitlist for two of our nights came through. Released BWV studio, standard 12/16 & 12/17. Hope it helps someone!:santa:

Just called, there are no studios available for VWL or AKV still for 12-7 thru 12-13 for any of the nights. Was also told there were no 1bdrms for any nights that week, however the cast member didn't seem to take any time to look because they were two separate requests and after she told me about the studios, I asked about the 1bdrm and she immediately replied that none were available for SSR. Can they change screens that quick? or did I just get blown off?

As I have previously posted, we have been waitlisted for AKV or VWL since the 7 month mark.

I just read page 60 so I haven't looked farther back. I'm planning on Dec 2009 myself so I'm just now looking at how the WL issue is going.

Here's what I'm understanding so far:

When MS changed the whole waitlist thing, they told us we could only waitlist for our entire stay. Is this still correct?

Or are certain MS advisors allowing you to single day waitlist? It sounds like that isn't happening, but I'm just wondering.

It sounds like those who maybe have a waitlist of a week are calling in and piece-mealing single days as they find they are available? Would I be correct in understanding that that's been working for people?

If so, what happens to the rest of your days when you fill one in the middle? For example, you have a Sunday-Thursday waitlisted and you snag the Tuesday. Does your entire waitlist still sit as Sun-Thur? Or does MS alter it to be Sun-Mon and Weds-Thurs?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm going to read back a couple of pages and see if I can get a grasp of everything. I appreciate any info people can share.

Thanks!

Called yesterday, still no luck for BWV. MS was very nice. She told me to keep calling.
Will try again today when I get time

So now MS is tellling us to call and get days on the waitlist? I thought this whole new policy was to reduce calls to MS? :sad2: :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter