DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning boys from a grey London. 10k run on and then round to my mums, she wants a load of work done. And she has company tomorrow, so I'll have to have it pristine by 5. I can see my day sliding from view already.

I’m sure I’ll catch “holy hail” but never saw any of the Monty Python stuff…
All the best mate to you. Thoughts from our side of the pond.
I think that became her favorite Christmas gift.
:rotfl:
Nope, you're still wrong. I fart in your general direction.
:scratchin, Good argument. I'm completely turned around. Hold on.....no I'm not.
Which is why Holy Grail is a better movie. You can design a theme park around it. :lmao:
Nope......not having it. You could easily build a theme park around Life of Brian. Biggus Dickus Ride? Stoning the Blasphemer? At the end of the fireworks, Terry Jones would come out in drag and and shout, "Now p!ss off!"
Kona is always great. Unless you eat there with a Brit who doesn't like Holy Grail
This is starting to feel like I'm being repressed.
Carnival, leaving from Mobile for 5 nights to Cozumel and Costa Maya.
Nice. I was watching a documentary yesterday about the original Disney Cruise with Premier and the Treasure Island place they had.

Have a good day chaps....

Heading back home today. Interview went well, so keep me in your prayers that I get it. They're interviewing other folks through Monday, so I'll hear sometime next week I presume.

If you're wanting to move down here too and I get the job, I'll kéep y'all posted on possibilities.

Hmmm...trying to remember exactly how fast...I think we did 130 in death valley in a car. It may have been less than that though...long time ago and I might be remembering the wrong top speed.

Happy Friday. This has been one of those marathon weeks, and I'm glad it is over. Should have tennis this weekend and not much else planned. I am looking forward to a day of rest.

It's sad that you have neglected yourself all these years. :lmao:

Nope......not having it. You could easily build a theme park around Life of Brian. Biggus Dickus Ride? Stoning the Blasphemer? At the end of the fireworks, Terry Jones would come out in drag and and shout, "Now p!ss off!"

Nice. I was watching a documentary yesterday about the original Disney Cruise with Premier and the Treasure Island place they had.

I believe the wait for Castle Anthrax would occupy most of the day and close to reality. Long torturous wait for less than 3 minutes of fun. Then, you have jousting, sword fighting, coconut wrangling, muck sorting, shrubbery maze, learn French insults on the laugh floor, Camelot dancing, bridge flying ride, another flying ride at the rate of a sparrow, and learn about science.

Never been on a cruise before and looking forward to it. Not sure why DW is excited about Mexico though. I hadn't planned on visiting a country where drinking the water will kill you. But, since I've already attacked some European countries, I'll continue my international travels. :lmao:

Heading back home today. Interview went well, so keep me in your prayers that I get it. They're interviewing other folks through Monday, so I'll hear sometime next week I presume.

If you're wanting to move down here too and I get the job, I'll kéep y'all posted on possibilities.

Good luck. We are all counting on you. I'm terribly unqualified for most any job position, and really lazy as well. So, put in a good word for me. I am able to translate Canadian and British on occasion.

Forgot to mention. You may have seen an ad on Facebook where they take a photo and etch it on a medallion. Ordered it in November, got it yesterday. Looked Ok and she liked it. After a bit she came to me and asked what I had inscribed on the other side. Somehow "Love You" became "Lou You." She just left she yelled, "Lou You." I think that became her favorite Christmas gift.
Awww ..that's just so sweet that you Lou her and she lou's you. :lmao:

Morning All.

Got home around 1:30 am after a 1 hour flight delay. I stupidly schedule a meeting for this morning or I would still be at home in bed.

Back in the deep freeze up here, that cruise can't come soon enough!

From a quick scan there seems to have been lots of discussion about Monty Python movies and driving fast, have I missed anything?

Morning boys from a grey London. 10k run on and then round to my mums, she wants a load of work done. And she has company tomorrow, so I'll have to have it pristine by 5. I can see my day sliding from view already.

I think I'll just lie down for you.

:scratchin, Good argument. I'm completely turned around. Hold on.....no I'm not.

Yess!

Darn. So close.

This is starting to feel like I'm being repressed.

:lmao:

Interview went well, so keep me in your prayers that I get it.

That's a good start. Good luck!

120 mph on my bike in Nevada
good enough?

Dang, dude! On a bike? At that speed, if you hit a cricket (RIP Jiminy), you're jam spread across the highway.

Hmmm...trying to remember exactly how fast...I think we did 130 in death valley in a car. It may have been less than that though...long time ago and I might be remembering the wrong top speed.

Long time ago... Thinking "Lucky it didn't overheat"

I got up to 140 on the autobahn in a BMW M5.

Not sure why DW is excited about Mexico though. I hadn't planned on visiting a country where drinking the water will kill you.

I agree with you. Or a country where the murder rate is through the roof.

Got home around 1:30 am after a 1 hour flight delay. I stupidly schedule a meeting for this morning or I would still be at home in bed.

So.... then you wisely reschedule it?

From a quick scan there seems to have been lots of discussion about Monty Python movies and driving fast, have I missed anything?

And Lou was here.

I've seen too many kids attempt or succeed at killing themselves....

But the schools are really wonderful at helping... themselves.... by doing the least they can... or less.

::yes:: Whatever is the least amount we can do to get out of doing what is right.

I think a lot of this comes from the lawsuit/liability mentality. No one wants to be held responsible, so they just try and avoid it. I've had to deal with some personnel issues at work and it's unbelievable how quickly HR will turn its guns on management. Seems like the bad apples get the most protection.

Correct.
Our principal even went so far as to lie to us to get out of doing anything.

And that, of course, is even worse.

See, now you've all ganged up on your little cultural imperialism clambake, like some kind of cinematic NAFTA, I'm gonna come out swingin'. Its not even the second best movie.
Just let me get 838 Male Brits into Disney, get them on the boards, get Randall to give them numbers, and then we can vote. Until then I'm gonna filibuster for the sake of my country's pristine comedic heritage.

I remember my grandparents always watched episodes of Are You Being Served? here on PBS. I remember thinking it was awful, and I would have given anything to change the channel. So I can't necessarily trust British judgment when it comes to comedy.

You go ahead and get those Brits.
1. All are welcome.
2. They'll all agree with me.

Yes! Plus we need a bit of payback for all of those Shakespeare plays I was forced to read in English class.

Now we are finding some common ground.....I never really got the Terry Gilliam stuff.

He was always the most "out there" of the group.

My second favorite Python is the "Twit of the Year" contest from the show.

:thumbsup2 And the Deja Vu skit. Or How Not To Be Seen.

A restaurant that only serves Spam........Mr Creosote's Signature Dining Experience (with the waffer thin mint).......The Dead Parrots Tiki Room......The Queen Victoria Stakes Ride... Fawlty Towers Hotel....the possibilities are endless.

I like where this is going!

Forgot to mention. You may have seen an ad on Facebook where they take a photo and etch it on a medallion. Ordered it in November, got it yesterday. Looked Ok and she liked it. After a bit she came to me and asked what I had inscribed on the other side. Somehow "Love You" became "Lou You." She just left she yelled, "Lou You." I think that became her favorite Christmas gift.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

:eek:

I've had to deal with some personnel issues at work and it's unbelievable how quickly HR will turn its guns on management. Seems like the bad apples get the most protection.

No kidding. :sad2:

Then again... I've decided to look at it as job protection. I can never get fired for being rude to clients since we have one staff member who's been doing it for 25 years. I can never get fired for coming in late, since more than half the staff habitually do so. I can never get fired for incompetence since at least two of the staff have no clue what they're doing. I can never be fired for not even doing the job since a few just surf the internet while I do their work.

I should be golden.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Congrats on the cruise Norm, should have made for a good week. Listening to Dpark radio and really need some Disney time. I know we have a lot planned for this year and been doing lots of planning but now the trips have to get here. Have a great weekend gents as I am looking forward to doing a lot of nothing myself - cheers!

All the best, positive thoughts and pixie dust sent your way sir!
I think a lot of this comes from the lawsuit/liability mentality. No one wants to be held responsible, so they just try and avoid it. I've had to deal with some personnel issues at work and it's unbelievable how quickly HR will turn its guns on management. Seems like the bad apples get the most protection.
Amen and I hear ya, bunch of bureaucratic, CYA cost centers.
I remember my grandparents always watched episodes of Are You Being Served? here on PBS. I remember thinking it was awful, and I would have given anything to change the channel. So I can't necessarily trust British judgment when it comes to comedy.
That oughta start some stuff .......................
No kidding. :sad2:
Then again... I've decided to look at it as job protection. I can never get fired for being rude to clients since we have one staff member who's been doing it for 25 years. I can never get fired for coming in late, since more than half the staff habitually do so. I can never get fired for incompetence since at least two of the staff have no clue what they're doing. I can never be fired for not even doing the job since a few just surf the internet while I do their work.
Use to be different back in the day, did a good job got rewarded and moved up the ladder, did a carp job got the boot. Today we need to treat everyone the same, bend over backwards for those millennials that think the companies work for them, etc. Wonder if there is any link to when we started giving out participation trophies and making sure there were snacks after every game regardless of result vs awarding those that worked harder and practiced more to kick your butt?

O.K. enough of the old guy rants.............. "get off my lawn"

Happy Friday guys. Surprised Dan hasn't called it yet.

Hmph. Go on then. What flavours you got?

Tootsie Pops; Grape, Raspberry, Orange, Cherry and Chocolate. Threw out the nasty Strawberry ones.

A restaurant that only serves Spam........Mr Creosote's Signature Dining Experience (with the waffer thin mint).......The Dead Parrots Tiki Room......The Queen Victoria Stakes Ride... Fawlty Towers Hotel....the possibilities are endless.

Keep it up and you will become the Lead Imagineer for the Python Project.

And just like that, we are booked on a cruise in June 2019. Carnival, leaving from Mobile for 5 nights to Cozumel and Costa Maya.

That is cool and I am sure you are going to enjoy it.

Yeeesss, and he keeps coming back. Lol

Have to give him an A for perseverance.

Slowly shaking my head out of pity.

You are a good son.

Glad it went well. Let us know when you get the news.

120 mph on my bike in Nevada

Nope, not going to do that.

Dang, dude! On a bike? At that speed, if you hit a cricket (RIP Jiminy), you're jam spread across the highway.

What he said.

Happy Friday. This has been one of those marathon weeks, and I'm glad it is over. Should have tennis this weekend and not much else planned. I am looking forward to a day of rest.

Well, you made it to Friday.

Welcome back from the hell trip. Not good planning on your part on meeting planning. Chin up, you are almost at the weekend.

I really lou Lou!

That is going to be a meme in my house for a while.

Right boys. I've just got back. Resited 2 double outlets into an internal block wall with all new wiring, hung 2 mirrors, installed a new floating TV and sound bar and rerouted all of the kit so she has a clean wall with just a TV. Got to go back Monday to make good all the routing out I've done today. Mummy is a happy lady. But that's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. First one in the Purley Bar in Castle Anthrax (c) (londontime imagineering inc), gets to take Connie Booth home. In the maid's outfit.

Have a good evening fellas.

Thats about it mate.
I think I'll just lie down for you.
Cheers. Did I enjoy the rest?
I really lou Lou!
Lou hoo?
I got up to 140 on the autobahn in a BMW M5.
See, if I had just had the next car up.....
I remember thinking it was awful,
It is,
So I can't necessarily trust British judgment when it comes to comedy.
You should.
Plus we need a bit of payback for all of those Shakespeare plays I was forced to read in English class.
Hey, I had to read Twain....and that's as dull as dishwater.

It was in the middle of the desert and a road straight as an arrow. Only thing I had to worry about was tumbleweeds. And they just disentigrate when you hit them.
;)

On my phone at the airport, so if I have any typos or such, in the words on Han Solo....its not my fault!

Tootsie Pops; Grape, Raspberry, Orange, Cherry and Chocolate. Threw out the nasty Strawberry ones.
No cola? What is this, the dark ages?
Keep it up and you will become the Lead Imagineer for the Python Project.
That'd be nice
Was it a good conference? You seemed happy on FB about someone speaking that I'd never heard of....but that doesn't cut it down much. There's tons I don't know. Apart from Monty Python (I only put this because I could see Norm coming from a mile off)
I should be golden.
Oh but you are, mate, you are.....

Was it a good conference? You seemed happy on FB about someone speaking that I'd never heard of....but that doesn't cut it down much. There's tons I don't know. Apart from Monty Python (I only put this because I could see Norm coming from a mile off)

It is a good conference. It is called the Sport for Life Summit and I have going since 2011. There are tons of great sessions and speakers as well as the chance to get together with others involved in amateur sport from across the country and around the world. Has some good discussions in one session with a couple of tennis coaches from Egypt. The speaker I posted about was Lanny McDonald, one of the all-time NHL greats and probably the best moustache in hockey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter