DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning Guys.

Storms a comin', flight leaves in 2.5 hours - which happens first?

Have a good one.

Well, I tell my girls to clean their rooms and not be pigs. Sometimes, that message is lost. So, I took them to my predecessor's office and filled up 3 giant leaf bags of trash. I even packed him a box and included his tax forms, notes, trash, and moldy fig newtons. :furious:

ew...

And, car isn't fixed. Body shop said they haven't heard from insurance. Insurance claims other driver accepted 100% liability and sent info to body shop to send estimate. :furious:

Oh, come one... seriously? :sad2:

Confirmed an EF1 touched down about 8 miles from here. Only landed for a couple of minutes but did a fair amount of damage.

An F1 did a fair amount of damage? I thought that's how they graded them?

Lots of water spouts out in the Atlantic and cool to see when you are on a boat in the water.

As long as you're not under one.

Good luck!

Top O the Mornin Dads! A bit late today.
I can't believe it's been over 3 years since our last visit to the World for our family. I've tried talking my two women into another trip back, but they say they don't want anything more to do with Disney. Me... I'm ready to go back, but couldn't imagine going there without them. Been a mental struggle for me over the past few years... and partial reason why I don't get on the boards or the FB group much. Thanks for letting me whine a little here.

Now I need some input from my men here. The family vacation request for this year has me doing a lot of research and now I'm looking for advice/input from people I trust and have experience in this area. If you could provide any personal experience here I would greatly appreciate it!

Here are the demands in order of importance:
- Clearest, blue-est water we've ever seen and on the beach
- Caribbean. No Mexico. Preferably Puerto Rico / Virgin Islands due to passport reasons
- Prefer a resort... all inclusive if possible, but not necessary
- Golf within 20 minutes

So basically if you've had any experience in the Caribbean on the beach I'd like to hear what you have to say. Our family has not traveled together outside the USA so this is our first adventure off the range so-to-speak. I've also tried to see if a cruise would be of interest, but that has fallen flat, too. So much for adventure! lol. Thanks ahead of time!
Sorry about the 3 years, I got DS so I know at least once per year. Got Caribbean experience, mostly on DCL - sure you can't talk them into that? Did do Sandals but 20+ years ago and did Beaches (family Sandals) and all inclusive services were solid. Virgin Islands we hit on DCL last summer for first time and loved it. British Virgin Islands / Tortola is beutiful and you can take 30 minute fairy boats to the smaller islands like Jost Van Dyke to hit different beaches. I would not do Bahamas or Jamaica unless at a really nice all inclusive that you do not plan on leaving.
Gawrsh! Seems like forever since I've been over here. Life just crazy sometimes and haven't been on the boards that much. Tried to read-through everything I've missed. Hope everyone is well.
Howdy Gentlemen, Dads, and Norm;
Been gone so long I don't remember where I left off so I am just going to pretend I am caught up on everything.

Hope everyone pulled thru those storm safely.
Good to hear from you guys again, stop being strangers.
Bad storms last night, we were under a tornado watch until about an hour ago. We made it through fine but just a few miles north, got hit. Speculation is a couple of tornados touched down. Trees uprooted, sheds moved a couple of homes over and some roof damage in Hialeah and Miami Springs. Thankfully no injuries. Still pretty windy but it looks like the worst is over.

Seems like things are looking up. Let us know if some of her "Uncles" need to have a chat with her.
Prayers for any impacted and good to hear you are all good. May take you up on the "uncle" thing if she wanders off the reservation again.
Any tips will be gratefully received.

All the best mate, thanks for the good vibes on the Poly.
I'll update after our visit in March but restaurants are all good, tip if doing EPCOT to walk over to TTC to get on EPCOT direct monorail instead of taking the MK loop. Take in MK Wishes from Poly, either your balcony of lake view or from the beach. Take one night or late afternoon to do a "monorail pub crawl" at the 3 different resorts. Just some of the stuff we are looking at.
And, car isn't fixed. Body shop said they haven't heard from insurance. Insurance claims other driver accepted 100% liability and sent info to body shop to send estimate. :furious:
Sorry About the insurance headaches.
You can only hope to ever reach the Norm category. ::yes::
None of the rest of us will be able to achieve that status :worship:
Morning Guys.

Have a good one.
Safe travels and hope the weather holds off until you get where you're going.

Thanks Guys, I was on the last flight out. Everything after me, including the early flights tomorrow morning were cancelled. Now I'm sitting the hotel thinking I have some work to do but looking for ways not to do it.
Nice to hear you got out. Funny, I'm sitting at work thinking I have some work to do but also looking for ways not to do it, i.e. the DIS.

Managed to make it to & from campus this time with no accident. The Sentra did ok for a 4 cylinder. I put gas in the rental - filled it up with 9 gallons - and computer says I get 445 miles on this tank.

We all have aspirations of Normness.

We are talking about doing an adults evening. Definitely on Trader Sams, we are thinking Narcoosees to follow up or maybe going the whole hog and hitting V&A.

V&A is $300 per person. :scared1:

I still want to try it one day, but we had the worse meal at Citricos. Way overpriced & pretentious.

Oh, come one... seriously? :sad2:
k!

And stop calling me Shirley. Wait....:lmao:

None of the rest of us will be able to achieve that status :worship:
g.

One day, if you try hard enough to not work, you too can be like me.

Going to try and stick around this time.

Good. I'll still be here.

Last edited:

Managed to make it to & from campus this time with no accident.
Always a bonus. You sure don't need to deal with a second one.

I put gas in the rental - filled it up with 9 gallons - and computer says I get 445 miles on this tank.
Them's funny numbers. What's that in litres and kilometes? Hmmm, let's see, math...take out fingers and toes...carry the one...oh yeah, that seems pretty good. I actually had a Sentra about 15 years ago. It was OK but I found it didn't have the best acceleration on the highway. Don't know if it's changed.

V&A is $300 per person.
sebastian surprise.gif
OK, I knew it was pricey but sweet mother of Beverly that's expensive! I never checked the actual price on account of likely never being able to afford it. Plus I don't consider myself a foodie. But I appreciate anyone who is into it, how that would be a big deal.

V&A is $300 per person. :scared1:

I still want to try it one day, but we had the worse meal at Citricos. Way overpriced & pretentious.

There's no pockets in a shroud, and all that....and I quite like the idea of getting proper Suited and Booted for a meal at Disney. I think CJ sold me on it, he should be writing copy for the promos.
Almost went to Citricos last year, I ended up swapping it with Capa. Sounds like I had a lucky escape.
Them's funny numbers. What's that in litres and kilometes?
It's weird over here we still do mpg, and distances in miles. Everything else is in metric.
Now I'm sitting the hotel thinking I have some work to do but looking for ways not to do it.
This is an art. I have full confidence in your ability to not do anything. Like pkondz said, it's more likely to succeed with a cocktail menu in hand. Enjoy your trip mate.
and moldy fig newtons.
I think you can tell a lot about a man from his choice of biscuit.

Good day chaps, from the mother country.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Went to tasting at caterer for DD's wedding last night which was nice. Now we just have to decide on the menu and any upgrades - they may have me on the prime rib carving station............... Enjoy getting to the half way point of the week.

Now I'm sitting the hotel thinking I have some work to do but looking for ways not to do it.

Funny, I'm sitting at work thinking I have some work to do but also looking for ways not to do it, i.e. the DIS.
Must be contagious? I'm counting down on my countdown, only 3 more days until 6 weeks from DaWaorld.
There's no pockets in a shroud, and all that....and I quite like the idea of getting proper Suited and Booted for a meal at Disney. I think CJ sold me on it, he should be writing copy for the promos.
Almost went to Citricos last year, I ended up swapping it with Capa. Sounds like I had a lucky escape.
I agree that a splurge once in awhile is a good thing. I have been referencing these types of things as "SKI" trips.......... Spend Kids Inheritance.

Morning guys! Trying to stay more active here on the boards. We just had an "active shooter drill" here at work. Sad that we have to do this in the world we live in now.

Just booked a whirlwind week-long business trip. Starts in Jacksonville and ends in New Orleans. In trying to book hotels in New Orleans couldn't figure out why there was very limited availability. Found out, Mardi Gras is the Tuesday after we checkout. So, it may get exciting.

There's your problem. You're sitting in a hotel. You need to be sitting in the hotel bar.
Someone has lost their way!

I actually had a Sentra about 15 years ago. It was OK but I found it didn't have the best acceleration on the highway. Don't know if it's changed.

I had one too about that long ago. Always felt like I was driving the Flintstones car.

Morning gents....

um....

whelp! That's about it!

Still pretty early. I'm sure life will get more exciting.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Went to tasting at caterer for DD's wedding last night which was nice. Now we just have to decide on the menu and any upgrades - they may have me on the prime rib carving station............... Enjoy getting to the half way point of the week.
Whelp, there goes the savings account!

they may have me on the prime rib carving station.............
Do you get to wear the special hat? Nice to hear you're back in the fun stuff. Did you get to sample all the menus?
We just had an "active shooter drill" here at work.
Which entails....?
In trying to book hotels in New Orleans couldn't figure out why there was very limited availability. Found out, Mardi Gras is the Tuesday after we checkout. So, it may get exciting
Nice. Its the one place me and DW wished we would have done pre-kids.
I have been referencing these types of things as "SKI" trips.......... Spend Kids Inheritance.
Amen.

Happy Wednesday. Another safe trip this morning to campus. I'm keeping track of them now. Looking forward to tennis tonight.

OK, I knew it was pricey but sweet mother of Beverly that's expensive! I never checked the actual price on account of likely never being able to afford it. Plus I don't consider myself a foodie. But I appreciate anyone who is into it, how that would be a big deal.

I'm not a foodie either. I like beer and pizza. I'd eat seafood all the time if available, but like a good steak every now and then. Still, I'd like to try it.

y.

I'm the opposite. I don't want to have to wear a coat to eat dinner. I don't want to even wear pants. That has kept me out of there as well as the $.

When I referenced bad meal at citricos, I failed to mention that it is next door to V&A. I don't know if they share a kitchen, but that is another deterrent. Some people love it though.

Morning gents....

um....

whelp! That's about it!

::yes::

I agree that a splurge once in awhile is a good thing. I have been referencing these types of things as "SKI" trips.......... Spend Kids Inheritance.

:lmao::rotfl::lmao::rotfl::lmao:

Morning guys! Trying to stay more active here on the boards. We just had an "active shooter drill" here at work. Sad that we have to do this in the world we live in now.
!

We haven't had a drill yet, but did an hour training session with some handouts. I hope i don't ever have to deal with that type of situation. One of the problem with those type of trainings, just like shooting your gun at a range, is they fail to simulate the stressful situation. It's a start though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter