DDA Chapter 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her response was that Emma did it. Problem with that is that Emma is in school and her hair did not like that before Emma left this morning. So yes, all by herself. She says she likes it, and I am so tempted to just leave it just like that!!

Welllll...
Good luck getting that all sorted out! :rotfl2: DS never cut off his hair. I had a charge cut a chunk of his bangs off - down to the scalp. He was supposed to be cutting out pictures as examples for the letter of the week. I turned my back and he cut off his bangs. :rolleyes1 He was one that really shouldn't have been trusted with scissors.

so this week is homecoming at Cassidy's school...and they have the lamest spirit week on record I think.
Today was the best as dress like an animal...Cassidy went as a duck.
Tomorrow is dress as on safari :-)confused3 ).
Wednesday is green day.....I asked Cassidy if that meant recycling that kind of thing...nope actually just the color green.
Thursday is animal print day...I told Cass to wear her plaid dress and it could be a plaid a pus.:lmao: She just told me I was weird and left the room. :rotfl2:
Friday is class tshirt day.

Diva was fussing about their Homecoming.
First of all, Homecoming in FL wasn't a big deal.
Homecoming in TX is a HUGE, and I mean HUGE deal. The girls get these silk mums the size of dinner plates and hang all sorts of plastic charms and crap from the ribbons that hang down from the flower. I think it is a strictly TX thing. The bigger and tackier, the better.
Well, Diva was determined to teach those kids in Kansas how to do a "proper" Homecoming, but they weren't interested, didn't want to listen to her, and wouldn't work as a team to put her ideas into action. Remember, she is an outsider. Her ideas are seen as being very foreign, and she herself comes across as very snobby. Despite never going to high school in TX she considers herself quite the authority on how it should be done. NO WONDER the kids don't want to have a TX-style Homecoming in KS. It isn't their thing. Homecoming is simply not a big deal to them.
The game was Friday. Mom said the opposing team vandalized the stadium (really vandalized, with spray paint) as well as spreading bird seed all over the bleachers so there was bird poo everywhere. :eek:
The dance had no refreshments, no decorations, and very poor attendance because the school administrators have prohibited "grinding" on the dance floor. :rolleyes: It sounds to me like these kids don't CARE about Homecoming, and the school shouldn't fork out a bunch of money for an event that has no student interest!
Diva, true to form, wore a big obnoxious mum that Ms. Selfish sent her. (Ms. Selfish cried at high school graduation because she wanted to stay in high school forever and ever. She makes a terrible grown-up, but high school was precisely her thing.) Way to call attention to yourself, and not in a good way. :rolleyes1

She is big on blaming everyone else right now for anything she does. I know when she is telling the truth or fibbing so I just keep on her til she breaks.

I remember that stage. Some of the kids are bigger liars than others. The one who cut off his hair stole a Barbie from a classmate and painted the doll with blue paint. Then he lied about doing it. His teacher was not amused. I asked her if he said "I did nothing!" because that was a guaranteed seal of guilt. That's exactly what he had said to her. :rotfl2:

So what is everyone doing for Halloween?

Nothing. DS is too old to trick-or-treat. Last year we were supposed to go to the neighborhood thing with my ExBosses but due to an e-mail snafu we ended up not going. If Princess trick-or-treats DS might want to walk around with her, or he might want to hand out candy. Princess is REALLY scared of costumes, though, so she may end up staying home herself! Guess we'll see!

:grouphug: for the funk. Mine lifted pretty quickly after I posted about it. I hope yours does too.

You know, I am donating the kids' books to the library in our new church, as well as some fisher price toys. I can't take them yet because we have no room right now, but the new building should be ready in a couple of months. I used to donate to the daycare, but since we don't go anymore I've had to find other outlets. (Their library was probably 75% made up of donated books by me and my boss.) Most of the stuff going to the help center is not stuff to trash, but not things I think the Church or friends would want/need.

I did venture up the stairs last night to look at the playroom... but almost hyperventilated and came back down. I have no idea how to start. :confused3 I think I am too emotionally tied to a lot of their toys. :rotfl: I may need an intervention and help from my SIL.

Thanks for the well-wishes to you and everyone who did on the previous thread! I hadn't thought about it until Elin mentioned it, but I think I have been in a bit of a funk for a while. It started as post-Disney depression and hasn't ever completely left. Time to find something to get myself occupied. I think I need to follow your lead and get this house de-cluttered.

I have the same emotional attachments to too many things around here. My friend could help with an intervention, but I'm too embarrassed to actually have anyone see how bad this place has become.

We used to put a bowl on the porch since we were out with the kids. Now that Nick doesn't trick or treat he will open the door for people. We don't get many trick or treaters though

I haven't thought about this year. In the past we have done pencils, play dough, candy, gummi bears. It's different every year.

we would open the door when I was a teenager, but we has maybe 10 or so come by. the first 2 yrs I lived in my house I had no trick or treaters. I probaply wont leave any candy out as we have cats, rabbits, and deers that walk thru our yard so not sure if they would try to eat the candy or not.

so this week is homecoming at Cassidy's school...and they have the lamest spirit week on record I think.
Today was the best as dress like an animal...Cassidy went as a duck.
Tomorrow is dress as on safari :-)confused3 ).
Wednesday is green day.....I asked Cassidy if that meant recycling that kind of thing...nope actually just the color green.
Thursday is animal print day...I told Cass to wear her plaid dress and it could be a plaid a pus.:lmao: She just told me I was weird and left the room. :rotfl2:
Friday is class tshirt day.

I don't think our schools even do that much. :sad2:

For those of you that have done a cruise. What item did you forget and wish you hadn't? I'm compiling a list of things that I still need to pack and want to make sure that I don't forget anything. Of course I am pack light, which means selectively, but I don't want to forget anything important either. Lots of lists have binoculars, but I really don't know that we'd use them :confused3

Help...

There are a couple of different threads on the CB, about Halloween.

One asks do you open your door to trick or treaters? Of course I do, I love seeing the costumes, especially the ones that make them. Also people did if for me when I was young, so I do it now that I am the adult.

Do they mean give out treats or actually open the door? We take the screen out of our storm door and hand the treats through that. That way we don't have to worry about knocking kids off the porch or the cats escaping. I don't even mind giving things to the older kids as long as they are respectful. I know that irritates a lot of people, but if they make an attempt to dress up and are pleasant, I have no problem handing them a little candy. At least they aren't out causing problems.

Thanks for the well-wishes to you and everyone who did on the previous thread! I hadn't thought about it until Elin mentioned it, but I think I have been in a bit of a funk for a while. It started as post-Disney depression and hasn't ever completely left. Time to find something to get myself occupied. I think I need to follow your lead and get this house de-cluttered.

I have the same emotional attachments to too many things around here. My friend could help with an intervention, but I'm too embarrassed to actually have anyone see how bad this place has become.

good luck on the decluttering. I think part of it might be that your oldest is a senior in high school.

I'll have to finish up later. I told Miles that I'd take him out to look for a Halloween costume, and he is getting antsy. I used to make all the costumes, but I've been lazy the last few years.

Sorry I disappeared for a bit, but my new sneakers came today. :banana:

Does anyone have their Christmas Ornament for the exchange yet? I hope the stores get Christmas items out soon, because I don't .

Marshall's had a bunch of Lenox ornaments last week or the week before. None of the Disney ones, but they had some really cute snowmen!

I'll have to finish up later. I told Miles that I'd take him out to look for a Halloween costume, and he is getting antsy. I used to make all the costumes, but I've been lazy the last few years.

DS was running around with the Party City ad yesterday talking about all the costumes. The thing is, he doesn't have anywhere to GO in a costume. I am a mean mom - I told him we aren't getting a costume.

I think Olivia is more excited then I am about Virginia walking. every time Virginia starts taking a few steps on her own Olivia starts yelling at me to look and Olivia is almost jumping up and down.

Well you just never know. :rotfl: My mom had a bunch (6) mums on the ground near the front porch, for 2 weeks the deer never touched them, then just the other day a buck came along and wiped them out.

I probaply wont leave any candy out as we have cats, rabbits, and deers that walk thru our yard so not sure if they would try to eat the candy or not.

The poster meant giving out candy. I don't mine older kids either as long as they are polite, I don't understand the people who get their panties in a wad because older kids trick or treat. :confused3

Do they mean give out treats or actually open the door? We take the screen out of our storm door and hand the treats through that. That way we don't have to worry about knocking kids off the porch or the cats escaping. I don't even mind giving things to the older kids as long as they are respectful. I know that irritates a lot of people, but if they make an attempt to dress up and are pleasant, I have no problem handing them a little candy. At least they aren't out causing problems.

They fit great, but of course the are the same style that I already have, but just in all white. I buy Skechers, this last pair right from the website. www.skechers.com they are having 20% off $50 or more, and I got free shipping because I joined the mailing list.

They have for wide feet, just not a very big selection.

How do they fit? What kind are they?

I have been looking for another pair of "mule" style sneakers, but the ones I have found so far are too narrow for my big wide feet.

Since we are talking Christmas presents: I've got Cassidy's all done but I've only got one little thing for Abi....I need ideas. My neices and nephews are going to get a little thing (other than my sister's three...we've got the 2 older ones Speed Racer cars) and I will be done.

I haven't even started yet! I'm not sure what Riley wants, but Garrett has quite the list. He would like an Ipod, a laptop, BMX bike, custom skateboard, I could go on :rotfl:

I miss them being little & not being so picky.

Have I ever mentioned that I am afraid of the number 13? :scared:
I don't ever sit in the 13th row, I won't fly on the 13th of any month, I won't put the radio in the car on volume 13 (12 or 14, never 13), I avoid that number whenever possible.

So, chop chop, DDAers! Let's get through these 250 pages quickly! :banana:

I don't like the #13 either (which is actually kind of funny that my anniversary is the 13th) but I thought if I jumped to 14 we'd have confused DDA'ers.

Well you both better get to posting :thumbsup2

I haven't even started yet! I'm not sure what Riley wants, but Garrett has quite the list. He would like an Ipod, a laptop, BMX bike, custom skateboard, I could go on :rotfl:

I miss them being little & not being so picky.

My kids aren't getting as much as usual this year. The only games they play now are video so I don't want to buy a bunch of toys. They hate getting clothes as presents so I've just been restocking their closets when they need things :confused3 I have already hoed out so many toys and I've vowed not to refill their rooms.:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter