"DCL Klondike Kruisers" - August 23, 2011 PART 2

1DisneyQueen

AKA Faireygod Mother MBr sice 9/03
Welcome to PART 2. We moved becasue the original poster on Part 1 is MIA. We hope she is well and will be joining us. This new thread will allow us to update cruisers and plans.

Link to review Part 1:
"DCL Klondike Kruisers" - August 23, 2011 PART 1

Link to Teen thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2577914

Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_197598086937645&ap=1

If you are coming along, PM me with your information and I will add you to this post . . .

Where are we going?
Tuesday Vancouver, Canada — 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday At Sea — —
Thursday Tracy Arm, Alaska — —
Friday Skagway, Alaska 7:15 a.m. 7:30 p.m.
Saturday Juneau, Alaska 7:45 a.m. 4:30 p.m.
Sunday Ketchikan, Alaska 10:30 7:30 p.m.
Monday At Sea — —
Tuesday Vancouver, Canada 8:00 a.m. —

Who's coming? (last updated 8/1/11)

AhoyCaptainMickey
Glen, DW Cindy & DD Mary
late dining

Alexandmaddie
Krista, Gerald (DH), DD16,DD11, DS9
Late dining

bellelinus (Julie)
cat 5C, deck 6
traveling with three daughters aged 19, 16, 14 at time of cruise
late dining

Bigbootee & Mindelmouse
Jim & Mindy DD10 Haylee &.DS10 Sammy
cabin 8046
BlueMarlin & stsomewhere
Erik, & Christi, DS-Matt 13 on the cruise, DD-Marina 10 on cruise

Boardom
DH & DS who will be 6 at that time

Canadakath
Kath, DH, 2 DS (7 and 5 at time of sailing)
5B, 7th deck
Early dining

Chickflick
Robyn DH is Rick and DD Laurel (10), & my Mom, Vicki and Dad, Bob will be in the cabin next door
Early Dining

cindy 18
DH and two DDs who will be 15 and 13 at the time
late dining

Cliffside
Susan, DH (Rick), DD 11

Copasmile
Heidi and (DH) Ravi

Csteary
Chris, Christine and DS 12

danandnan
Dan and DW (Nancy)
Late Dining

dennismcneely
Dennis, (DW) Monica &
(DD) Madison 9 at the time of the cruise
Late dining

dizmomof2
Jen (me), Steve (dh), DD 16 yrs by the cruise date, DD 15 yrs by the cruise date

eandesmom
Cynthia, DH (Jeff), DS (Evan 12, DS Eric (10)

Elfinjojo
Jo, DH (Rob), DD (Holly 9), DS (Evan 7)

Finkerbell
Lisa, DH DD
Late dining

goslingl
Leisha, traveling with DH Tom

GrumpyBelle
Me and DD 10 (at time of sailing),DGM & DN- 7598 DH and DS 16 (at time of sailing)
Main dining

Happy at Disney
dh and 2 friends

jel0511
Lori, DH Darren, DD Julianna(13) and DS Brandon(10)

Jellojatdisney
DH, DS11, DD9 and DD7

jestyx3
Michele & DH Mark and DD 15 Nicole cat 6A GTY

JOANNEL
DH Roger
Late dining

kandyK
Kandace, Dh Sean and DS who will be 15 at the time of sailing.
late dining

Karibc
Kari DS 8, DS4

KathyInCitrus
Kathy traveling with with Sis and SIL Mary and Sandy who are not DIS Boarders I'm in Florida, they're in Rhode Island
late dining

Kendzee94
DH, DD11, DS 12, DBIL

maine_jennifer
Cabin # 7604, early dining
Jennifer traveling with her
Dad ME Steamboat Willie Everett and Mom - Jeanette

martian767
Me (Michele) - 40, DH (Paul) - 40, DD (Bill), DM (Shirley), Mom's Friend (Carol)

MelindaRuns
Melinda, DH Kevin, DS Craig, 19, DD Allison, 16, DD Hannah, 14, DS Zachary, 13, DD Madison, 12, DD Haley, 11

Mickeynaround
James, DW Kelly, DD 15, DD 5, DS 2

MinnieDiva
Kim, DH (Sean), DD (8)
(GTY) cat 9A

mnra
Mark and Sue

Mvlimmex
Vicki, Dh Marty, DD Adriane 13, DS Zach 8, DD Stephanie 7 DS Isaac 4 and DS Vincent 1.
2143/2145
Late dining

piglet33
Reneé &DH Lenny and DD8 Haley
Cat. 6A GTY
Late Dining

Pirateluv
Joan, DH, DS (who will be 16), DD (who will turn 12 on the cruise) and DGM (my mother)

Poohluvsfigment
Wanda & (DH) Mike

PRCMickey
Patricia and DH Russell

Saddleup
Julie and friend Deb
cat 5C 6th Deck

sandyam76
traveling with DH

Seamour
Mic and DH Jeff,DS Sean (16) and DD Sarah (13)
late dining

Shanny145
DW Shann DH Steve DS Jake (10)
DD Mia (8)
Late Dinning

Skelster
Brian DW Betty, DS Benjamin (7), and DD Mary (4)
Cabins 2635 and 2637

Silversae
Sarah and Ian

Smeecanada
DH, DS16 and DD15 # 5510
Main Dining

snarfieca
Brenda & DH (Ken) room # 2572
Early dining

Sophia0121
R&C
DD 14, DS 12, and DD 11

suellennapa Susan, DDs, Sarah, 27, Rachel, 22
Son, Tom, 23
DM, Naomi, 86!
second dining

Sugashaene
Shaene, DW Shante # 5631

Sully & Boo
Bob, Bridgette and DS (11)

Tigertink08
Christine, DF Dave

tink1963 and DH BubbaGrump
7120 Early Dining

Trigal
Debbie and Jo

Videogamermom
DH, DS (15, DS(10)

Wachsdds
DW and kids DS(11), DS(9), DS(6) and DD(4)

Ydrj
Yvonne & DH, DS16, DD14 # 5020 Main dining

Zweihund
Erica, Lionel, & DD Isabelle (almost 2) GTY cabin

1DisneyQueen
Dee and (DH )Steve, DGD 11, DGD 11

4DisneyCruiseFans
DH, DS13, DD11 (at time of sailing)

Fish Extender info/ list: Please PM me if you are interested in playing, or write on here Fish Extenders is a game that those on the Dis boards play while on the cruise. Next to the stateroom doors are "fish" that you can hang a fish extender on (a cloth type holder with pockets for everyone in your group that is playing) There are pictures of FE on this thread (also look under the sticky DCL facts under FE info, etc on the main page and there is a lot of info there too)

Usually you sign up with a group of other Disers and then during your cruise you give other Disers in your group a little gift. It can be one gift for the whole stateroom or 1 gift for each person in a stateroom. It is really up to you. I usually give one gift to the adults in a stateroom and then a gift to all the kids in the same stateroom. Other Disers then put small gifts in you FE pockets throughout the cruise. Usually you pass out gifts once during the cruise on any day that you like.

Some items you pass out can be boughten or homemade. Many people buy some things from Oriental Trading or the Dollar Store for little gifts. Some types of gifts I have received or have passed out to adults and kids are: items and food from your home state, home made DCL bag, photo frames, stuffed animals,candy and other treats, pencils, stickers, note books, customized DCL pens or pencils or other items customized for your specific cruise, Disney washclothes, other Disney items, coloring books, Disney CDs,hand sanitizer, "survival bags" with band aids, stain remover, etc and other odds and ends you may need for your cruise, pirate gear, pirate pillow case, tatoos. Ideas for gifts are really endless and totally up to you. You do not have to spend a lot of money on the gifts.

It usually is a lot of fun and my kids (as well as us adults) really look forward to coming back to our stateroom to see what treasures might be in our FE.

If you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask away. I hope you will join us. There are 21 families playing right now. Let me know if you are interested in playing.:goodvibes:grouphug:

List: (last updated 8/04/11)

1. Chickflick - room# 6015 Robyn, DH, and DD 10
2. bigbootee: DH, DW, DD - Haylee 10, DS Sam 10 - room #8046
3. caniac27: DH Derek, DW Michelle, DD Maggie 9 - room 7556
4. Shanny145: DW Shannon, DH Steve, DS Jake 10 DD Mia 8 room# 2110
5. eandesmom: DW Cynthia and DH Jeff, DS Evan 12, DS Eric 10 room#6544
6. Sugashaene: DH Shaene, DW Shante room#5631
7. kendzee94: DW Barb, DH, DBIL, DS-Billy 13, DD-Jeanne 11 - room#6608
8. mvlimmex: DH Marty, DW Vicki, DD Adriane 13, DS Zach 8, DD Stephanie 7, DS Isaac 4, DS Vincent 1 - connecting rooms: 2143 and 2145
9. 1DisneyQueen: Dee, her sister, Bailey 10 - room 8030
10. GrumpyBelle: DW, DH, DGM, DS 16, D niece 13, DD10 -- room # 7598
11. MelindaRuns: DW Melinda, DH Kevin, DS Craig 19, DD Allison 16, DD Hannah 14, DS Zachary 13, DD Madison 12, DD Haley 11 Rooms# 1030 and 1032
12. smeecanada: DW Wendy, DH, DS 16, DD 15 Room 5510
13. Tink1963: Bubba and Venetia - Room # 7120
14. jellojatdisney: DW Ellyn, DH Jonathon, DS Logan 11, DD Leah9, DD Julia 7 Connecting rooms - 2094 and 2096
15. videogamermom: DH, DW, DS Jonathon 15, DS Jacob 10 Room 7001
16. suellennapa: Susan, DD Sarah 27, DD Rachel 22, DS Tom 23, DGM Naomi 86 Rooms 7024 and 7026
17. PRCMickey: Russell and Patricia room # 7563
18. Tigertink08: DH Dave, DW Christine room # 5626
19. Copasmile: DW Heidi, DH Ravi, Emily 11 room# 5633
20. Sully and Boo: Bob, Bridgette, Dylan 10 room# 5632
21 Mickeynaround: James, Kelly, Alexis 15, Liliahna 5, James III 2 room 8028
22. finkerbell: DW Lisa, DH Ed and DD Haylee (college age) room# 6631
/COLOR][/

Planning and information thread. (If you have anything to addlease PM me)

Alaska
www.Alaska.com

Amtrack info/link:
http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Amtrak/HomePage
"Pacific Central Station (the Amtrak Station) is half a block from the Main Street/Science World SkyTrain station where you can catch Vancouver's light rail service to downtown Vancouver. Trips take about 3 minutes and cost about $3.50 for adults and $2.25 for children. You can also take a taxi downtown for about $10.00."

Excursions:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2666085

Facebook Link:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php...info#!/home.php?sk=group_197598086937645&ap=1

Passport info/link:
http://travel.state.gov/passport/renew/renew_833.html

Port link- Vancouver
http://www.portmetrovancouver.com/about.aspx

Resturaunt Links:
http://vancouver-sushi.com/

Transportation links/info:
http://www.translink.ca/en.aspx
The Expo and Millennium lines are the ones that go to Canada Place and the Waterfront Station which I think would be the one you want. Both of them stop at the Main Street Station so theoretically it should be pretty easy, other than thte two short walks you'll have, one in Seattle and one in Vancouver, to change train stations

Trip planning links/ info:
http://tripplanning.translink.bc.ca/hiwire?.a=iScheduleLookupSearch&LineName=999&LineAbbr=999

Vancouver
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2283011
http://www.hellobc.com/en-CA/default.htm

Weather

Interior's climate runs hot and cold - steady precipitation keeps the region green.

Southeast Alaska is a land of rain forests, salmon streams and glaciers, all made possible by the wealth of precipitation driven in off the Gulf of Alaska.

The Inside Passage has the highest annual precipitation averages in the state as well as the highest average temperatures. For anglers, kayakers, hikers and cruise ship passengers, jackets and rain gear are almost always appropriate. Rubber boots are worn so frequently that they're known as "Alaska tennis shoes" and "Sitka slippers."

Rainy towns
Ketchikan averages 150 inches of precipitation a year, almost 3 times Juneau's total and 10 times what Anchorage gets. Yakutat, near enormous Malaspina Glacier, averages 145 inches of precipitation, including the meltwater from 193 inches of snow. Year to year, the wettest place in the state is Little Port Walter, which averages 220 inches.

Juneau gets more than 18 hours of sunlight at the summer solstice in June but less than 6.5 hours at the winter solstice. Ketchikan, 250 miles south of Juneau, gets less (17.5 hours) at the summer solstice but more (7 hours) in December.

Monthly averages for the Inside Passage
Here are monthly averages -- high temperature, low temperature, precipitation (inches of rain and melted snow), snowfall and snow depth for Southeast locations: Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway.

JUNEAU
(Northern Panhandle)
Period of record: 9/1/1949 to 12/31/2000
Average annual high temperature 47.2
Average annual low temperature 34.4
Average annual total precipitation 56.47
Average annual total snowfall 98.4

Aug
Max temp 62.7
Min temp 47.6
Preciptation 5.34
Snow-fall 0.0
Snowdepth 0

KETCHIKAN
(Fishing, logging, cruise port in southern Panhandle)
Period of record: 9/1/1949 to 12/31/2000
Average annual high temperature 51.9
Average annual low temperature 39.4
Average annual total precipitation 150.82
Average annual total snowfall 36.9

Aug
Max temp 65.4
Min temp 51.6
Preciptation 10.6
Snow-fall 0.0
Snow depth 0

SKAGWAY
(Cruise port in northern Panhandle)
Period of record: 7/1/1965 to 12/31/2000
Average annual
high temperature 48.6
Average annual low temperature 34.2
Average annual total precipitation 26.45
Average annual total snowfall 49.9

Aug
Max temp 65.8
Min temp 48.4
Preciptation 2.19
Snow-fall 0.0
Snow depth 0

Here are some places for free WiFi while in the ports.

Ketchikan
Good Coffee Company
With purchase will give you wifi address
401 Mission Street
Ketchikan, AK 99901
(907) 225-5250

First City Saloon
830 Water St
Ketchikan, AK 99901
(907) 225-1494

Juneau
Juneau Public Library
Opens 11 am
292 Marine Way
Juneau, AK 99801
907-586-5249

Heritage Coffee Co
625 West 7th Street
Juneau, AK 99801-1803
(907) 586-1088

Copy Express
230 Seward Street
Juneau, AK 99801-1236
(907) 586-2174

Skagway
Port of Call (small charge)
There is a place in the dock area- you will see the crew members there.

Not to Miss in Vancouver (posted by Karibc)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here would be my top tourist destinations in Vancouver

1) Stanley Park - the jewel of Vancouver - whether you rent bikes or go for a walk on the seawall, it is a must. You can also hit the Aquarium or have a meal at the restaurant or take an offical tour around the park.

2) Granville Island - the farmers market, artsy type stores and boardwalk around it are incredible. There is also a small ferry system (really small) that runs around False Creek which you can board at Granville Island and go to other spots like Science World or the Space Centre - very fun.

3) Robson Street - there is nothing better than a warm summer night walking down Robson, popping into the various retail stores and having dinner at one of the many fantastic restaurants.

4) Harbour Centre - for a great view of the City - Harbour Centre is the place, they have an observation deck where you can see a 360 view of Vancouver, there is also a revolving restaurant up there.

5) Seabus to Londsdale Quay. From downtown you can catch the Seabus over to North Vancouver - great ride across Burrard Inlet and great little market at the other side.

Beyond that it depends what you are into, there is so many choices.
If you like touring, I'd suggest getting a daypass for the Skytrain and travelling all over the route. If you like shopping, there are lots of neat areas like gastown and chinatown and Pacific Centre (the main mall downtown).
If you want adventure, I'd go to the Capilano Suspension Bridges or rent a small sailboat at Jericho beach. The Vancouver Art Gallery is impressive and has great shows. If you like gardens - two close to downtown are the Vandusen Gardens and the Conservatory at Queen Elizabeth park - both are fantastic.

Seriously, Vancouver is an amazing place and I still go there for holidays every year because there are so many amazing things to do.

For those staying at the Pan Pacific it's a great hotel, I've stayed there many time over the years for work and actually had my Grade 12 Graduation there. It is pricey but worth it and very central to all the activities downtown and of course a stones throw away from where we all need to board our cruise.

I'm not understanding what's going on. Why did the other thread get closed down?

Mindy, I think it's because the one who started the thread and was the keeper of the role call had disappeared. My info needs to be updated, we're now in cabin 8088 not two cabins.

Maza is no longer on our cruise. You can delete her from roll call.

Maybe we could verify the list.

Christi

My info needs updated as well. DH and DS are still in cabin 6633, but since we have added my mom and niece to our travel party, DD and I along with the 2 additional members are in cabin 7598 instead of 6632.

I'm not understanding what's going on. Why did the other thread get closed down?

Because we cannot locate the original poster to update the info. She has not posted since Jan2010

Mindy, I think it's because the one who started the thread and was the keeper of the role call had disappeared. My info needs to be updated, we're now in cabin 8088 not two cabins.

Thanks for explaining that. Should have read your post first. I changed your info. I will finish the rest tonight. I am going to try and go back to work today.

Maza is no longer on our cruise. You can delete her from roll call.

Maybe we could verify the list.

Christi

The list here is the one the Moderator copied forward. I deleted her from the list. Thank you for reminding me. I have a spread sheet list that is alphabitized with all the new folks I could find on Part 1. I will put that in tonight and see if we can get that verified.

My info needs updated as well. DH and DS are still in cabin 6633, but since we have added my mom and niece to our travel party, DD and I along with the 2 additional members are in cabin 7598 instead of 6632.

Done. Please double check me.

I found my way over to the new thread without my moving buddy. Joanne, I love the pictures. I laughed so hard. :lmao::rotfl2::lmao: We always have such a good time wth you guys. I am not sure Alaska is ready for us. :confused3

1. Chickflick - room# 6015 Robyn, DH, and DD 10
2. bigbootee: DH, DW, DD - Haylee 10, DS Sam 10 - room #858
3. caniac27: DH Derek, DW Michelle, DD Maggie 9 - room 7556
4. stsomewhere DW Christi, DH Erik, DS Matt 13, DD Marina 10 room #6537
5. Shanny145: DW Shannon, DH Steve, DS Jake 10 DD Mia 8
6. eandesmom: DW Cynthia and DH Jeff, DS Evan 12, DS Eric 10
7. Sugashaene: DH Shaene, DW Shante room#5631
8. kendzee94: DW Barb, DH, DBIL, DS-Billy 13, DD-Jeanne 11 - room#6608
9. mvlimmex: DH Marty, DW Vicki, DD Adriane 13, DS Zach 8, DD Stephanie 7, DS Isaac 4, DS Vincent 1 - connecting rooms: 2143 and 2145
10. 1DisneyQueen: Dee and her sister - room 8030

We're in 8586.

My hubby and I are going to be on this cruise also. We'll be celebrating our 32nd anniversary. I always wanted to go on a cruise to celebrate but he didn't want to do a Carribean cruise in hurricane season. When I saw that they were bringing the cruise up to Canada, I jumped.

Room # 2572 Ken & Brenda:cool1:

Vicki - I got deleted from the list...

we're jel0511 - Lori, Darren, Julianna (13) Brandon (10) 8088

So sorry about that. I do not know what happened. :confused3 Thanks for letting me know. I have you back down on the list.:thumbsup2

Vicki

Hi,

Anyone that is playing FE, please make sure I have your info correct on post 2. If I do not, please let me know, so that I can make corrections.

Thanks,

Vicki

5 months from today we set sail!!!!!!!!!:goodvibes:woohoo:

My hubby and I are going to be on this cruise also. We'll be celebrating our 32nd anniversary. I always wanted to go on a cruise to celebrate but he didn't want to do a Carribean cruise in hurricane season. When I saw that they were bringing the cruise up to Canada, I jumped.

Room # 2572 Ken & Brenda:cool1:

Congrats! We are also celebrating our anniversary (30) I can not wait. I am Leisha traveling with DH TOm

I was gone for a few days and there's a whole new thread! Told you I was behind.

You can add zweihund: Erica (36), Lionel (40) and Isabelle (almost 2) - we are still a GTY cabin.
You can also add silversae - Sarah and Ian, somewhere on deck 2. Sarah is on the facebook group. She doesn't post here too much but she does feature in my trip reports :-)

Made a little headway on the planning this week as I discovered the post office up the road is in fact a passport center. And they do pics too! Just have to drag the family up there one Saturday. I was thinking THIS Saturday, but I am trying to convince the hubby we need to go to IKEA so we can finish up the office redo we started back when I was pregnant....in 2009....so maybe NEXT Saturday.

Those of you with kids - do you recommend a passport card over a book? It's half the price!

Also, someone somewhere posted some info about great deals on flights. I started looking into it and so far I am only seeing the $600 range (from Orlando). Seems to be a generic rate, didn't change based on day of travel. I'd do the whole fly-in-through-Seattle thing if we didn't have a toddler....I think a southeast to northwest trip is going to be enough of a challenge as-is. :scared1:

I found my way over to the new thread without my moving buddy. Joanne, I love the pictures. I laughed so hard. :lmao::rotfl2::lmao: We always have such a good time wth you guys. I am not sure Alaska is ready for us. :confused3

I know, I hope Tommy had a chuckle and isn't mad;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter