"DCL Klondike Kruisers" - August 23, 2011 PART 2

My hubby and I are going to be on this cruise also. We'll be celebrating our 32nd anniversary. I always wanted to go on a cruise to celebrate but he didn't want to do a Carribean cruise in hurricane season. When I saw that they were bringing the cruise up to Canada, I jumped.

Room # 2572 Ken & Brenda:cool1:

Welcome, we are Roger and Joanne, traveling with or Disney friends, Dan & Nancy, Leisha & Tommy, Phoebe(Liesha's Mom) and her hubby Jim. It's our 5th cruise with Dan & Nancy, 4th with Leisha & Tommy, 3rd with Phoebe & Jim. Rogers two sisters and husbands are joining us. One is a second time Disney cruiser and the other will be her first!

We met the first time on the DVC member cruise!!

I was gone for a few days and there's a whole new thread! Told you I was behind.

You can add zweihund: Erica (36), Lionel (40) and Isabelle (almost 2) - we are still a GTY cabin.
You can also add silversae - Sarah and Ian, somewhere on deck 2. Sarah is on the facebook group. She doesn't post here too much but she does feature in my trip reports :-)

Made a little headway on the planning this week as I discovered the post office up the road is in fact a passport center. And they do pics too! Just have to drag the family up there one Saturday. I was thinking THIS Saturday, but I am trying to convince the hubby we need to go to IKEA so we can finish up the office redo we started back when I was pregnant....in 2009....so maybe NEXT Saturday.

Those of you with kids - do you recommend a passport card over a book? It's half the price!

Also, someone somewhere posted some info about great deals on flights. I started looking into it and so far I am only seeing the $600 range (from Orlando). Seems to be a generic rate, didn't change based on day of travel. I'd do the whole fly-in-through-Seattle thing if we didn't have a toddler....I think a southeast to northwest trip is going to be enough of a challenge as-is. :scared1:
Childrens passports are good for 5 years....if you aren't planning on going oversees than by all means get a card. The process is a bit crazy for me to only get a card....I figure I'll have the book if we need it kind of a thing. I would also call your post office and make sure you don't need an appointment. They might also have certain hours for passport application. Both you and Dad need to be present as well. Gives me a headache just thinking about it...argh Good luck

List of cruisers is updated (fingers crossed). If your info is wrong, please let me know and I'll correct it.

Ok found the new thread and I asked to join the FB group. Working on a new computer so this has been a challenge - not just new computer but whole new platform went from PC to Mac because of video editing capabilities with the Mac. Now back to trip planning mode. Yes cheap motel in Seattle since it is only a stopping off point although the day we arrive we are going to hit the REI flagship store to check the place out. Then on to the San Juan Islands for kayaking with Eagles and Orcas and camping on the islands. In Vancouver we are going to bike in Stanley Park and go to the aquarium after that not sure what we will do. But I can't wait.:banana:

Congrats! We are also celebrating our anniversary (30) I can not wait. I am Leisha traveling with DH TOm

I didn't know that what day? we will hit 28 in June.

Good Morning Gang

This upcoming May it will be 44yrs for Nancy and Me
TheGang.jpg

ALASKACRUISE-1.jpg

Hi,

We are Dan and Nancy, traveling with many Disney friends as Joannel mentioned. Our stateroom is 6142 and we have late dining. This will be our 6th Disney cruise. The first 3 were DVC members 4 day and the other 2 were 7 day, Eastern and Western Caribbean respectively.

Glad to see an updated list. Now that we're getting closer I'm sure it will be a more active thread.

N

I was gone for a few days and there's a whole new thread! Told you I was behind.

You can add zweihund: Erica (36), Lionel (40) and Isabelle (almost 2) - we are still a GTY cabin.
You can also add silversae - Sarah and Ian, somewhere on deck 2. Sarah is on the facebook group. She doesn't post here too much but she does feature in my trip reports :-)

Made a little headway on the planning this week as I discovered the post office up the road is in fact a passport center. And they do pics too! Just have to drag the family up there one Saturday. I was thinking THIS Saturday, but I am trying to convince the hubby we need to go to IKEA so we can finish up the office redo we started back when I was pregnant....in 2009....so maybe NEXT Saturday.

Those of you with kids - do you recommend a passport card over a book? It's half the price!

Also, someone somewhere posted some info about great deals on flights. I started looking into it and so far I am only seeing the $600 range (from Orlando). Seems to be a generic rate, didn't change based on day of travel. I'd do the whole fly-in-through-Seattle thing if we didn't have a toddler....I think a southeast to northwest trip is going to be enough of a challenge as-is. :scared1:

We used priceline. The flight times are not the best but there is only 1 stop from Louisville KY to Vancouver for $400 but that was several weeks ago. I was wondering if Sarah was going on this trip good thing she will notburn. :lmao::rotfl2:

I didn't know that what day? we will hit 28 in June.

Ours is Sept 19 so we will have to celebrate all of the anniversaries one night. How many years will it be for Dan and Nancy? Tommy will also be 50 in Nov. :scared1::lmao: THis is a big year for us.

We used priceline. The flight times are not the best but there is only 1 stop from Louisville KY to Vancouver for $400 but that was several weeks ago. I was wondering if Sarah was going on this trip good thing she will notburn. :lmao::rotfl2:

Hey! Just because it's Alaska doesn't mean that I won't burn. :) This is me we're talking about, I have ways of managing strange geometric patterns when i burn...i'm sure i'll find a way to burn when i'm not in the tropics...hell i do it at home!

I don't spend a lot of time on the boards but i'll be doing my best to catch up and get to know folks before we get down to crunch time! Hard to believe we're almost here..

List of cruisers is updated (fingers crossed). If your info is wrong, please let me know and I'll correct it.

Hi Dee,

You can put us down in connecting rooms 2143 and 2145. Also, we have late dining. Thanks for updating the list for us. You can also take ouir niece Tiffany off the cruise list as she will not be joining us on this cruise.

Thanks, Vicki

We are

eandesmom: DW Cynthia and DH Jeff, DS Evan 12, DS Eric 10

still a GTY cabin as well, 6A

I was told Disney will not accept the passport cards, the kids have to have a full one. Makes no sense to me and conflicts with what the passport site says but I've asked the question of them 3 times and got the same answer. It also matches what the cruise docs says so...have to get them for the E's! I won't do it till May or June 1st ish though since the kids passports are only good for 5 years, I'd like to make sure they last as long as possible in case of school year travel.

Hey! Just because it's Alaska doesn't mean that I won't burn. :) This is me we're talking about, I have ways of managing strange geometric patterns when i burn...i'm sure i'll find a way to burn when i'm not in the tropics...hell i do it at home!

I don't spend a lot of time on the boards but i'll be doing my best to catch up and get to know folks before we get down to crunch time! Hard to believe we're almost here..

:lmao::rotfl2::lmao: This is going to be a great cruise. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter