**daisy77's (January) Journal:Gotta Lose this Pregnancy Weight**((Comments Welcome!))

You are doing soooooo good!!!!! I am awed and inspired by the weight you have lost. Keep up the good work!!!!! And glad that your mom is supporting you in your loss - I know that helps to have family members boosting you!!!!

Keep on :banana: :banana:
Chris

That is the worst thing after having kids...giving up your comfortable maternity clothes. I wore my maternity jeans for a long time after I had the kids. They are so comfortable and NO BUTTONS OR ZIPPERS!!! I had 2 c-sections, so I know how you feel about the loose skin. Pilates should tone that up a lot. What we women go through...men should be so much nicer to us!! :flower:

Today was difficult! We were out a lot today at the mall and shopping around. I didn't eat anything at the mall! That was soooo hard! My DH loves Panda Express and I cannot even think of touching the stuff....I had a bottled water...I was eyeballing his orange chicken, though! Anyways, here is what I ate today:

Breakfast: Lean Pocket (Turkey, Broccoli, Cheddar)

Lunch: Low-fat taco salad (7 tortilla chips, 1/2 cup LF cheddar, 4 oz shredded seasoned chicken, tomatoes, lettuce, green sauce)

Dinner: 1 McDonald's Happy Meal Hamburger, gave DH the fries (I thought that they had "choices" for the Happy Meals, like apples or mandarin oranges...I guess I was wrong...only had fries) and a child-size "Light" lemonade.

Dessert: 1 Sugar Cookie

I think this was the worst I have done so far...McDonald's is the devil! I tried really hard not to order the Big Mac (my favorite!). I still stayed within my calorie limit, but still, I could've done better! I hope you all had a great day! C-ya!

daisy -- if that is the worst day you've had yet, I'd say you should give yourself a huge pat on the back! You did awesome! Think about all the great choices you made! Avoiding the chinese food had to have been so absolutely difficult and yet you sat there and drank a water while DH ate that? Huge KUDOS! to you, my friend! And eating a burger at McDonalds is real life, kiddo! That is exactly what we are all learning to do in real life situations -- make good choices. Don't you realize how far you have come? Think about the fact that a while ago, you might have had orange chicken for lunch and a big mac and fries for dinner. Congratulations, kiddo! You did great! :cheer2: Keep up the great work!

I think you did great!! Not eating the fries and getting a small hamburger is awesome!! Keep up the good work!

Thanks, ladies, for reading my journal. I lost 2 pounds!! Yippee!! TOM is almost gone...did not want to weigh myself until it was gone, but Tuesday is my weigh-in day...so, I had to do it.
It was hard to sit there and watch my DH eat Chinese food. I just kept thinking if I eat that stuff it will ruin all of my hard work and I will get really down on myself. I felt really proud of myself after leaving the mall. My DH loves to eat out, and he tries to get me to want to eat the stuff he eats...he means well. Eating like that caused me to gain 20 pounds after we got married, then another 80 after getting pregnant! :earseek: I can't continue those habits. Plus, it is great that I have not been eating much b/c I get full so fast due to the fact that my stomach has shrunk and can't fit as much food in it. :cool1: :goodvibes :banana:

I am nervous about our trip to WDW b/c we are doing the MYW with Dining. That is soooo much food! I just hope that I don't go too crazy! I will try to eat as much fruit and veggies as I can and not too much fried food. My weakness is the treats: Mickey bars, frozen bananas, churros, ice cream on Main Street. Yikes!! I will be there 8 days...I will pace myself and do lots of walking!! I will need WISH pixie dust! :wizard: I am planning to let myself gain 0-3 pounds on this trip.

Talk to ya'll later!! :grouphug:

daisy -- I think your plan for WDW is a good one. You WILL get in a lot of walking and that will help. I highly suggest bringing a water bottle and some crystal light to-go packets into the park every day with you so that you drink lots and lots of water. We even had waiters fill our water bottles for us in some of the restaurants, or we asked for cups of ice water and poured them in ourselves. Another thing I found to be so helpful is that they now sell fresh fruit everywhere, including the Main Street Bakery and some stands around the parks and most of the restaurants. My friend and I shared our treats too, whenever possible, and that cut my WW points right in 1/2! It was amazing portion control/urge meeting/satisfaction creating strategy all the way! Don't worry -- you'll be fine. Oh, and one last thing -- the salads they sell in the park were always amazingly fresh and delicious and satisfying! Remember that the trip is not "about the food"! :teeth:

Thanks for the advice, Cam!
The last time we went to Disneyland I was pregnant with Maddie and I ate everything in sight....I felt sick as a dog when we would get back to the hotel at night....I promised myself that I would not do that this time....
but the sweet aroma of Main Street is calling my name:mickeybar :hyper: :goodvibes . I will try to eat more fruits for snacks and I just put Crystal Light to-go packs on the packing list for our trip! Thanks again for the advice...I need as much as I can get! :earsgirl:

You are doing great with your choices!

As for WDW, last time I was at DL, we took a backpack with water and healthy snacks (pretzels, granola bars, apples, etc). I think you should allow yourself one splurge item per day. And when you eat it, you can't have anything else that is not healthy until the next day. It's not that hard - when I went to Cedar Point this summer, I got a caramel apple one day and an ice cream the next. I never felt that deprived or that I was missing out on anything. Just think - the less time you spend eating, the more time you will have for the rides and other attractions! You'll do great, you always make smart choices. Keep it up!

Thanks, lovinaz!

I am going to take your advice!

Here is what I ate today:

Breakfast: Lean Pocket Ham and Cheddar & an apple

Lunch: PB&J sandwich w/light bread and reduced-fat PB and sugar-free jelly & a cup of grapes & 9 Baked Ruffles

Dinner: Soft pretzel (plain-no butter or salt) and a salad w/FF dressing

I hope everyone had a great day!

Thanks, lillygator!

I am having a pretty rough day. I thought that something was wrong with my scale....one minute it will say 160, then 154, then 166. This is a new scale. I bought it at Bed, Bath and Beyond when I joined WISH last month. I went back to get a different one. I tried all the digital scales there. And according to them, I weigh 167.5! I weigh 7.5 pounds more than I thought I did! This was not good news. I am very sad now. I have to adjust my ticker and feel very defeated! I am still going to work hard...I just feel like pouting for now. :guilty:

UPDATE: Before bed, I decided to punish myself more and check my weight again...I weigh 165, not 167.5...still better than 167.5! Yikes! TOM is still here..probably gone tomorrow, maybe that has something to do with all this drama.

Here is what I ate today:

Breakfast: nothing...felt sick

Lunch: Subway 6" Turkey w/lettuce, tomato, salt & pepper and a touch of mustard, 1 bag of Baked Lays, and a bottled water

Dinner: LC Baked Chicken w/ green beans and cornbread stuffing

Snack: 98% FF Sugar-free Ice Cream Sandwich & 1 Lindt Truffle ball (Did ya'll know that 3 of those tiny things are 220 cals and 18 grams of fat?!!)

Exercise: 85 minutes at the gym (20 on elliptical & 65 on treadmill-getting ready for lots of walking at WDW!!)

Talk to ya ladies later!!

Girl, you are still doing AWESOME!! You have developed great eating habits. Congrats on not getting discouraged and going on an eating rampage today. (That's what I would have probably done. :) )

Well, I am now obsessed with the scale...not a good thing. I weighed myself again this morning and lost 2 pounds. My body is whacked! I am not going to weigh myself again until Tuesday (my normal weigh-in day). I put the scale in my husbands trunk so I won't have access to it today. Pretty pathetic...but, hey, it works!

putting the scale in husband's trunk - that is too funny!!

I do not and will never own one...I would be on that thing 24/7!

Okay, Daisy! Putting the scale in DH's car had me :rotfl:

Let me tell you a little bit about my scale experiences, just so you don't feel crazy -- first of all, from morning to evening, I can "gain" 6 pounds, according to my evil scale. Also, if I move it 1/2" to the left I can "lose" 2.5-3 pounds. Oh, yeah, between the time I step on it before my shower and when I get out of the shower, I have often gained almost 2 pounds!

Scales are evil & finicky! You have to put it somewhere and leave it there exactly. Also, you have to weigh at exactly the same time every day (preferably right after you awakened, used the potty, and stripped to your skin) and THEN -- you have to take what it says with a big old grain of HUGE coarse salt!

Of course, if you get to go to WW or the doctor's office or something like that often enough, you can just use that number, though I am pretty convinced all the scales are in cohoots to make us absolutely crazy! :teeth:

keenercam said:
Oh, yeah, between the time I step on it before my shower and when I get out of the shower, I have often gained almost 2 pounds!

That has happened to me, too!! I have weighed myself before taking a shower and lost weight. Then I would take a shower and get back on the scale (to make sure that I wasn't dreaming) and GAIN!! Makes you sick!! :flower:

Here comes some more advice from a fellow scale addict... It took me a LONG time to weigh myself ONCE in the morning (I used to get on it in the morning, when I got home from work, after dinner, right before bed, etc - It would fluctuate 4-5 lbs during the day). Then I got the brilliant idea to weigh myself only once a week, like people do at WW. When I got on that scale after a week and my weight had not changed, I kicked the scale back into the closet, slammed the door, yelled a couple obscenities, and actually slammed a drawer in the bathroom... DB was just staring at me like I'd gone mad. Not one of my best moments... :blush:

My advice is to weigh yourself once in the morning (like keenercam said, naked and after potty) and that is IT! If you just use that number as your base, you will be OK. And if your scale says you lost 3 lbs over the course of the week, that is how much you lost! So what if your Dr's scale is 2 lbs more, you still lost those 3 lbs! Another way to check your scale is to put weights on it. I put my 2 5-lb weights on it and the scale said 10 lbs.

Whatever you do, don't get obsessed with it. You know you are losing weight and I'm sure you have more energy and your clothes fit better. Remember, weight is just a number... Keep up all your hard work!

Daisy - you are doing awesome. And I have to agree with Amy and Cam about the scale - get on it once a day, in the morning before you shower, eat, and after going to the bathroom. That's what I do. I do have to say that I do sneak on it once in a while at night just to see how bad my day was, but I do not by any means go by that number or I'd be nuts too.

Now I'm going to say one thing that I noticed in what you eat and you can disregard it if you want but I notice myself doing the same thing and I'm trying to figure out how to recify this without adding more calories and I know I can. I just have to. You do really need to watch the balance of your diet. It appears you aren't getting much dairy and you are getting a little bit of veggies and fruits, sometimes once a day sometimes more. But I have noticed the small amount of dairy that you are getting. Now I, by no means, am a nutritionist but have taken my daughter to one and you need some decent amount of dairy in your diet a day. Even if it's a fat free yogurt once or twice a day. But you may want to look at that.

And I too think you did good on the McD's day. Here's an idea of something to do if you want to eat out - since your stomach has shrunk you will notice it getting fuller faster. When you go out to eat, ask for a to go box and divide your meal up before you start eating. That's what I've been doing and it has helped sooooooooo much when I go out. We have a chinese buffet that we love, and I do too. But the last time we went I just ordered off their menu and got a to go box and split the meal up.

Keep up the good work - you ARE doing great!

Keep on :banana: :banana:
Chris

Thank ladies for the comments and advice! Cruise04-I know that I lack dairy...I really need to work on my nutrition, not just calories.
I have been going through some personal issues the past few days and have not eaten anything, really. That is why I didn't keep a journal yesterday. I hope that all this passes. I want to share, but I am just not ready to yet. All of you ladies are wonderful and I appreciate the support and inspiration you have given me...I will check in again tonight to do my journal for the day! princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter