Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Disney will learn from these types of situations (rain). I don't know what they could do, maybe have rain spots outside - tented areas with tarps, whatever - make it look nice :D - overhead for people to wait out the rain, while being socially distant? Can be in various spots around parks, near restaurants, etc.

I'm sure they will tweak things as they go.
Naw. Lightning, wind... people are just gonna have to be prepared to stand outside in pouring rain.

ETA: lightening is a problem. People need shelter then.

I’m surprised Disney isnt Defending themselves with the brutal hits they are taking in the media
I hate to say this but I think they’re used to it. If WDW had been open before the surge in cases I’m sure they would have been blamed. There seems to be a sort of antagonistic attitude towards Disney from the media in Florida. They’re a strong company and will survive on their mainly solid reputation. There are always those who try to drag Disney down but they have a loyal fan base which will get them through these tough times.

The only time I recall for myself having to seek shelter was last year when there was a biblical deluge with high winds. I and several people took refuge in the Stave Church at the Norway pavilion at Epcot. It was a major storm that lasted for a while and umbrellas wouldn't have held up. So I think there will be times on occasion when everyone will need to take cover.

A year ago at the MK it rained so hard that the walkway between Cosmic Ray's and Cheshire Cafe flooded. We were lucky enough to grab a table to have our coffee and snacks before it started. I watched people walk in ankle deep water. Nope not doing that.

A year ago at the MK it rained so hard that the walkway between Cosmic Ray's and Cheshire Cafe flooded. We were lucky enough to grab a table to have our coffee and snacks before it started. I watched people walk in ankle deep water. Nope not doing that.

Tomorrowland seems to have a few spots that flood like that with really bad rain. The only other spots I can think of like that are a few places around Epcot.

Traveling to WDW is where you will have issues. You may want to be prepared to drive as long as you can without stopping.
We are traveling today & have done exactly that. We are in Alabama & still haven’t stopped. We are driving to Panama City first so we wouldn’t have as long of a drive. We won’t need gas til PC. Hoping not to stop til then. We were supposed to fly but canceled that a few weeks ago when things started spiking again.

This is something I’ve worried about with rides that empty into gift shops, especially high capacity rides. What are they going to do when suddenly no one wants to leave the gift shop because there is a flood outside? It takes all of 5 minutes for the Star Tours gift shop to get crammed with people during a downpour.
Honesty they should stop those rides during downpours to ease shop crowding.
There really is no good way to manage that. Almost no places at WDW can handle sheltering people socially distant in a storm
And since it rains a lot this is something you should probably consider. You will likely be forced into close quarters at some point. If you can’t deal with that don’t go...unfortunately

I don’t think we’ll ever get a good feel for it. For all we know Disney will slowly ramp capacity as they get kinks worked out of they system like they did in Shanghai.
This is what I’m afraid of in a selfish way. I’ve been eyeing the first week of November to go back and now I’m afraid it’ll be up to a much larger capacity and I’ll chicken out again. :sad2:

We are traveling today & have done exactly that. We are in Alabama & still haven’t stopped. We are driving to Panama City first so we wouldn’t have as long of a drive. We won’t need gas til PC. Hoping not to stop til then. We were supposed to fly but canceled that a few weeks ago when things started spiking again.

Ok good. We stopped at the MS rest area on the way to and back from the beach last month. It was ok, but definitely not as comfortable as I would have liked.

I'd rather spend 8 hours outside with other people around who aren't super close to me, then 10 mins inside a store in an aisle crowded. Thats just me

You wouldn’t go to any indoor attractions? Go inside to pick up QS mobile order food? Eat at a TS restaurant indoors with your mask off? Go to an indoor mask relaxation station? Use a public restroom? Take public transportation to get to the park?

You’d be at the theme park for 8 hours without going inside for any rides, food, bathroom breaks, etc? Very impressive!

At MK today. Have only run in to two instances where families had masks pulled below their noses. One family: mom, grandma, 8yo, 4yo, 2yo. No masks on the younger two. The other three had theirs pulled down. No stroller and the youngest was touching EVERYTHING in the line for Pooh. At one point, touched the plastic honey and then slurped his fingers. Mom was paying no attention. Earlier today we were near Splash by two older gentlemen. I don’t know what the one did, but assuming it was mask related. The other one said “You have to follow the rules. You don’t want to be one of those people whose picture ends up on the internet.” Lol. Oh, and paper masks are the way to go—much cooler and breathable.

Last edited:
I just traveled from Florida to Wisconsin and back again this week. We got all our food in drive thrus. When we stopped for gas or used a restroom we kept our masks on and washed up at the restroom and again in the car. Our contact with others was seconds so we felt safe. I’d say about only a third of people wore a mask but we kept our distance from them. Safe travels.

I'll own up to touching things in a grocery, and not always taking them. When they have new products, I need to read the entire labels to check for my 2 allergies...if I find them, I put the product back. So, I'll touch and not take 2-3 items a trip. I'd imagine a lot of folks with dietary needs do that, and those needs probably are more important to accommodate than the reduced risk of getting the virus by touched product.
I’m 100% with you on this. As a vegetarian I’m always looking at ingredients. So many items have gelatin, dehydrated meat, etc. hidden in there so I always assume other people are touching all the products in the store just like I am.

You wouldn’t go to any indoor attractions? Go inside to get food? Eat at a TS restaurant indoors with your mask off? Go to an indoor mask relaxation station? Use a public restroom? Take public transportation to get to the park?

You’d be at the theme park for 8 hours without going inside for any rides, food, bathroom breaks, etc? Very impressive!

Obviously I would go on everything and do everything you stated.

The obvious point is that Disney is actually DISTANCING the people who are waiting on lines. There is no distancing at the stores I go to here. People are on top of each other. So yes 100 percent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter