Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me be clear. I'm don't think Disney needs to do it, I would just put on my poncho and wait in the rain. Or go somewhere to wait with crowd levels I find to be acceptable.

But obviously some people find it to be a catastrophic failure on the part of Disney that they weren't prepared for the rain. ;)

I don’t think it’s pointing it out as a catastrophic failure, but rather identifying yet another unavoidable dicey situation - that anyone who is choosing to go to a theme park should be prepared for. It’s what makes going to a place like a theme park a risk in itself. It can’t be 100% safe 100% of the time.

Not to go back to the Carlye thing but looks like a story is out there focusing on how Disney is struggling with social distancing, using her tweets as a source for this .... And even she responded that the story is being portrayed inaccurately and what she experienced is just one thing, not representative of the whole

Just an example of how information can be twisted to serve a narrative (obviously can be used positively it negatively)

I don’t think it’s pointing it out as a catastrophic failure, but rather identifying yet another unavoidable dicey situation - that anyone who is choosing to go to a theme park should be prepared for. It’s what makes going to a place like a theme park a risk in itself. It can’t be 100% safe 100% of the time.

This didn't really need to be debated. :confused3

I'm not commenting on the actual post from Twitter, I'm commenting on some people's reactions to post.

Need I remind people hand soap was a hard to find item at the beginning of the pandemic, sure some people were probably hoarding, but people were acting like the idea of frequent hand washing was a brand new development.

People are gross. This is one “old normal” we can cling to and never let go, lol.

The day my gym closed down back in March, signs all over the building telling people to wash their hands any time they enter, and leave the restroom. I’m in there to drop my bag off in the locker, go over to wash my hands, and a guy walks out of the stall (he was not doing #1) walks right past me and the sinks and heads to the gym floor. Thats when I left. I’ve always been a habitual hand washer, but I never realized how little people washed their hands until that day, and the constant reminders for people to wash their hands. I dont know why it surprised me, but it did

Ok because people are gross.... I am packing an arsenal of supplies lol.
I have 25 small bottles of hand sanitizer, 100 disposable masks, 10 packages of wet wipes antibacterial 20 counts , ziplock bags with hydrogen peroxide wipes . It’s myself and two teenage daughters who will constantly be applying our supplies. We are careful and who knows I may even bring my own disposable silverware for eating. 😂
We leave in 19 days 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

So new plan of attack for my trip. Sleep in... eat all you can eat at chef Mickey’s breakfast go to mk around 2 Hit all the rides go back to resort around 5 nap then dinner. Sounds like a great day to me :)
That sounds like a great plan!!! We have Chef Mickey booked multiple times 😬 , maybe throw a little pool time into that schedule and it’s perfect. Contemporary here we come, it will be great just walking over.

Not to go back to the Carlye thing but looks like a story is out there focusing on how Disney is struggling with social distancing, using her tweets as a source for this .... And even she responded that the story is being portrayed inaccurately and what she experienced is just one thing, not representative of the whole

Just an example of how information can be twisted to serve a narrative (obviously can be used positively it negatively)

she doesn't even know if it was representative though as she didn't go in!

I have 25 small bottles of hand sanitizer, 100 disposable masks, 10 packages of wet wipes antibacterial 20 counts , ziplock bags with hydrogen peroxide wipes . It’s myself and two teenage daughters who will constantly be applying our supplies. We are careful and who knows I may even bring my own disposable silverware for eating. 😂

Nice gear. I would highly recommend an " ear saver " for the ear loop masks. They make them tighter and also make your ears not hurt as much. You can bypass the ear all together if needed

Don't forget a bottle of that bleach shower cleaner so you can spray down anyone you encounter that fails to wash their hands after using the restroom.

Does Disney have self-flushing toilets?
What about sinks - are the faucets touchless? I can't remember.

If not - try not to not touch faucet after you wash your hands. I either grab a paper towel to turn off water, or if I were going soon I would keep extra napkins in my purse/bag. Use napkin to turn off faucet and to open door if closed. Then toss!

I always do this, even before Covid. People turn on faucets with dirty hands, most barely wash, then turn off faucet with same hands, and then touch the door handle!!!
:scared1::scared1::scared1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter