Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand needing to make money, but that's a pretty bitter pill for those with blocked AP's. At some point you have to factor in customer service instead of just looking at $$$$$. I think it's yet another indication of just how low demand is to go to the parks.
Customer service got pushed way behind $$$ at Disney a long time ago...

Agreed. The last thing we'll be doing is standing shoulder to shoulder with everyone else.

I just dont understand the concern. Its like we de-evolved during this period. Its common sense, really. If you see a crowded area, just dont go into the crowded area? Idk what I’m supposed to say. I feel like people are squeezing into tight areas rather than look for other options just to make a point. Obviously the guest relations situation was unavoidable and Disney needs to fix that. But most of the crowding ive seen so far is easily avoidable if. People. Just. Use. Common. Sense.

For anyone going I think it would be smart to pack really good rain gear and assume you won’t be able to hang out inside somewhere during a downpour. Get a rain cover for strollers if you don’t have em (I don’t know how you would manage at WDW in the summer without one, but just incase), get a really good coat, bring umbrellas.

To people’s credit, the outdoor portion of the PotC line was posted during rain and people were still standing there in their rain gear, properly distanced.

The unpredictability of Florida rain is the tricky part. CMs can be trained all day long, but the guests arent in on those protocol discussions. So when rain hits suddenly as it often does in Florida, action needs to be taken swiftly. Unfortunately it takes a perfect storm of CMs in the right place at the right time where the guests they’re “in charge of” are also in a place for CMs to act swiftly.
I know. But in that scenario indoor spaces probably fill up pretty quick, plus you more than likely find yourself walking against the crowds.

I'd love to know if disney has any kinda plan at all for the rain scenarios.

For anyone going I think it would be smart to pack really good rain gear and assume you won’t be able to hang out inside somewhere during a downpour. Get a rain cover for strollers if you don’t have em (I don’t know how you would manage at WDW in the summer without one, but just incase), get a really good coat, bring umbrellas.

To people’s credit, the outdoor portion of the PotC line was posted during rain and people were still standing there in their rain gear, properly distanced.
I'm thinking I should trim my toenails to make them presentable and get some flip-flops to wear.

My heart breaks for her, she’s such a Disney fan and has been VERY helpful to even random strangers on Twitter with all this new Disney stuff. But it’s definitely the right call for her 😔

I dont have anxiety, but I know many people that do. And from their experiences, I can see its not a joke. People saying she shouldn’t have been there in the first place are ignorant. She’s doing her job and providing fans with a wealth of knowledge. I appreciate her work and doing all she could to get through it for us, the fans. And I respect the heck out of her decision to know when to walk away

The SWGE button that was on MDE last night has disappeared this morning...anyone else seeing that?View attachment 508652

I saw that this morning too! You can still search for Star Wars and then that same page opens up, but I’m guessing they’ll somehow bring back the button once you scan your MagicBand to enter the park? Or maybe it was just a glitch with the last update a couple days ago ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just dont understand the concern. Its like we de-evolved during this period. Its common sense, really. If you see a crowded area, just dont go into the crowded area? Idk what I’m supposed to say. I feel like people are squeezing into tight areas rather than look for other options just to make a point. Obviously the guest relations situation was unavoidable and Disney needs to fix that. But most of the crowding ive seen so far is easily avoidable if. People. Just. Use. Common. Sense.

I think a lot of the problem (online at least) is the narrative people have created about how safe and near perfect Disney is going to be, so you simultaneously have people watching for these things to prove they’ve failed and also freaking out when they happen. This is where posts like the now infamous DFB ones don’t help.

The narrative all along should have been they’re going to be doing their best, but expect imperfections. Masks are there to be the last line of defence, basically. There is no way to keep people far enough apart at all times.

Concerning the walk-up tickets, I feel this was completely pre-planned. Which, from a business profit standpoint, is something I would consider. But, and it's a huge caveat, they risk alienating their "most loyal fans". The recovery? Announce a limited number of AP only days from here onward.
The recovery has been announced. One month at some point in Oct 2020 or a refund. Disney is selling date based tickets to the general public who have made park reservations making the idea of AP only days impossible.

I know. But in that scenario indoor spaces probably fill up pretty quick, plus you more than likely find yourself walking against the crowds.

I'd love to know if disney has any kinda plan at all for the rain scenarios.
Highly unlikely there's a plan. What kind of plan could they possibly have for a normal rain scenario? There isn't enough indoor space to accommodate every guest. Bring an umbrella and rain gear or get wet. It's not like they are going to open up the utilidoors in the MK and social distance everyone down there. If the storm was severe enough, they'd have to evacuate ahead of time and send everyone back to their resorts or cars. Otherwise, it's just another normal day in FL at WDW.

I think a lot of the problem (online at least) is the narrative people have created about how safe and near perfect Disney is going to be, so you simultaneously have people watching for these things to prove they’ve failed and also freaking out when they happen. This is where posts like the now infamous DFB ones don’t help.

The narrative all along should have been they’re going to be doing their best, but expect imperfections. Masks are there to be the last line of defence, basically. There is no way to keep people far enough apart at all times.

All of this is 100% true. And I’ve said many times that I believe it will be safe, so I’m apart of that problem. There’s no way I can ever know that for sure until I’m physically there. Pictures and video show the experience of others, not mine. What is and isn’t safe for them could very well be the opposite if I were there.

I think also that there is a feeling that "Disney doesn't *need* to open, if they are they will ensure I am safe no matter what" ... but in reality it is that Disney will provide the tools and capabilities to be safe but people still need to follow or at least leverage this tools to be safe. If they don't there will be situations that some might seem not safe - but often there were steps people could have done to avoid situations.

Sounds like the glitch with AP's getting in this morning had to do with the magic band. I just heard that someone that tried using their magic band was denied but then they tried their actual pass and it worked. So I suggest if that happens to anyone else, before standing in that Guest Relations line try using your hard pass!

I was today years old when I learned the AP card was actual ticket media. I feel incredibly dumb now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter