Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we won’t have a full sense of what the overall capacity feels like until 7/15 when all four parks are open. I’d imagine a good number of out of state people scheduled their trips for when everything is open. That will be when we can also more accurately judge resort and pool and transportation crowd levels.
Since there is no park hopping theoretically the parks should be like today maybe even less since today is opening day

Now the hotels and DS I can see getting more crowded when all 4 parks are open.

They are heavily encouraging it. I know Cosmic Rays had one register open for AP previews.
I hope they have allergy options available and stated on the mobile order too. The only one we were able to order allergy options mobile was BoG for lunch. It would be a pain to have to order at the one register. I always feel bad already when it takes so much longer to order our meals at quick service registers, I can always see the thought bubble of people behind us that they picked the wrong line. That’s why we try eat at table service.

While all wait times have been “short”, I think I made the right choice with AK as my one day park while doing two at the others. I just can’t believe how much it looks like I will be able to do in one day at AK. I just wish park hopping was an option. Well, maybe not. We would probably do major damage to our bank account every night at Food & Wine.

I wonder if Disney will learn from these types of situations (rain). I don't know what they could do, maybe have rain spots outside - tented areas with tarps, whatever - make it look nice :D - overhead for people to wait out the rain, while being socially distant? Can be in various spots around parks, near restaurants, etc.

I'm sure they will tweak things as they go.

Yep we just got off of it after walking right on. No wait except walking through the long standby queue. That was kinda cool though as we’d never been through the lab before.

I’ve done the standby queue twice. Once with the extended indoor queue utilized. I much preferred it without the extended area, its very beautiful architecture, but every room looks the same once you get inside until you get to the lab.

I've been in these situations, and it becomes a what am I supposed to do situation

You social distance and wear masks, then you end up being in a situation that completely messes you up a little bit because you don't know what to do. ALA, rainstorm, everybody run for cover.

This is why the masks are very important and why I am glad they all seem to be wearing them at Disney

Remember, outside of Disney, if you are more then 6' you don't need the mask. The mask is most important when on top of people, so thankfully, while uncomfortable, you should be safe in there

I've been in these situations, and it becomes a what am I supposed to do situation

You social distance and wear masks, then you end up being in a situation that completely messes you up a little bit because you don't know what to do. ALA, rainstorm, everybody run for cover.

This is why the masks are very important and why I am glad they all seem to be wearing them at Disney

Remember, outside of Disney, if you are more then 6' you don't need the mask. The mask is most important when on top of people, so thankfully, while uncomfortable, you should be safe in there
After reading a few of these scenarios we’re going to bring along an umbrella with our ponchos.

Yes. People seem to forget this. Yes, its more effective to be both 6 ft apart AND wear a mask, but masks are important for when you cannot be 6ft away from someone. Now that goes out the window if theres physical contact, but as long as you arent touching someone you dont know, and that person isnt touching you, the mask is filling the gap of what needs to be done. This is not an invitation to assume invincibility if you’re wearing a mask and you can get up in people’s business.

I wonder if Disney will learn from these types of situations (rain). I don't know what they could do, maybe have rain spots outside - tented areas with tarps, whatever - make it look nice :D - overhead for people to wait out the rain, while being socially distant? Can be in various spots around parks, near restaurants, etc.

I'm sure they will tweak things as they go.

Rain is definitely going to be a challenge

That is one of the main reasons my kids' day camp was cancelled for the summer. Despite being outside basically all the time they didn't know how they could properly handle rain when all the kids would have to go inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter