Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rain is definitely going to be a challenge

That is one of the main reasons my kids' day camp was cancelled for the summer. Despite being outside basically all the time they didn't know how they could properly handle rain when all the kids would have to go inside

The unpredictability of Florida rain is the tricky part. CMs can be trained all day long, but the guests arent in on those protocol discussions. So when rain hits suddenly as it often does in Florida, action needs to be taken swiftly. Unfortunately it takes a perfect storm of CMs in the right place at the right time where the guests they’re “in charge of” are also in a place for CMs to act swiftly.

The unpredictability of Florida rain is the tricky part. CMs can be trained all day long, but the guests arent in on those protocol discussions. So when rain hits suddenly as it often does in Florida, action needs to be taken swiftly. Unfortunately it takes a perfect storm of CMs in the right place at the right time where the guests they’re “in charge of” are also in a place for CMs to act swiftly.
But what is the protocol? Exactly what is supposed to happen when it rains or thunderstorm passes through?

But what is the protocol? Exactly what is supposed to happen when it rains or thunderstorm passes through?

Idk, I’m not a Cast Member. As a guest, I’d probably look for shelter where I feel like I’m safe. If theres no room in the nearest indoor location, ill walk to the next until I find a place. I dont melt if I get rain on me, and if I get hit by lightning, then it was probably my time to go anyway

Idk, I’m not a Cast Member. As a guest, I’d probably look for shelter where I feel like I’m safe. If theres no room in the nearest indoor location, ill walk to the next until I find a place. I dont melt if I get rain on me, and if I get hit by lightning, then it was probably my time to go anyway
Agreed. The last thing we'll be doing is standing shoulder to shoulder with everyone else.

This scenario doesn’t bother me so much. Outside, plenty of ventilation and air movement, plus masks, very low risk scenario.

Back ups indoors are places, for me personally, are more worrisome.
Plus, those people crowding together on the main thoroughfares are doing it to themselves. No one has to join in the pack. People can hang back or walk to the side to avoid any mob.

Sounds like the glitch with AP's getting in this morning had to do with the magic band. I just heard that someone that tried using their magic band was denied but then they tried their actual pass and it worked. So I suggest if that happens to anyone else, before standing in that Guest Relations line try using your hard pass!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter