Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
if they have space, why not open availability a day before, sure an AP might not spend the same as a resort guest but they will spend something. So better leave it empty than trying to make some money? makes no sense to me, but Disney operations have strayed away from making sense even pre covid
Yes, it seems they have no idea about AP spending patterns. We are from Atlanta and probably stay offsite as often as we stay onsite - either way we average about $100 per person per day on food and drinks in parks or onsite resorts :blush: not being sure if we could get all of the desired park passes we’d want is one factor against us coming for a week before our APs expire. If there was additional availability morning of we’d be happy - we don’t even really care which park, it’s just fun to walk around and people watch. Oh well, so sorry to my Dis friends who are feeling really steamrolled by these new policies:hug:

Devs video was really good today. Showed tons of stuff. Like his much better than trackers to be honest
TTT drives me nuts, he never knows what he’s talking about and doesn’t bother to do advance research. Dev doesn’t know everything all the time either but at least he owns up to that.

Now I wish I had said hey to him Tuesday. I normally don’t like bothering people. He seems like a great guy. We did stop to talk to Tim because my wife has been dying to meet him for years. I wonder how much more these guys got bugged during the low crowds. I’ve only recognized one vlogger before this week. We saw almost every single one of them in the 2 days we were at MK.
In the parks, I've talked to a lot of vloggers and other people who regularly appear in their vlogs. They seem happy about it. I assume part of the appeal of being a vlogger is the mini-fame that comes with it and being recognized gives affirmation to it. Plus they're used to it if they have a relatively big audience.

They are truly terrifying.

I actually (weirdly) was hoping to just wait in a line, even if it was long. The boarding group thing somewhat stresses me out (ROTR is a must this trip and there is only on HS day). I like the multiple times, but I don't think that will impact the opening crowd as much as many think. Hours are already limited and 1pm is approaching the hottest part of the day. I believe the majority of people will still be getting there for the 10am opening, I know I will.
I think the majority of people will be PLANNING to be there at rope drop, but I have a feeling, a lot are going to be delayed actually getting in by 10. The way they were holding cars at the TTC this week, I suspect that's their main strategy from keeping thousands from packing in at the turnstiles for 30-45 minutes beforehand. Add in the people waiting on bus transportation when the buses keep filling up quickly with the limited passengers they can hold, and I can suspect a lot of people intending to get there by 10, won't be in the park at that time.

Can you just imagine if they were holding cars from parking at 9:45 and they only gave out VQ passes right at 10:00. It would get ugly fast with people getting out of their cars and screaming at the workers. It may anyway, but at least the pressure is off a little bit now.

I think the majority of people will be PLANNING to be there at rope drop, but I have a feeling, a lot are going to be delayed actually getting in by 10. The way they were holding cars at the TTC this week, I suspect that's their main strategy from keeping thousands from packing in at the turnstiles for 30-45 minutes beforehand. Add in the people waiting on bus transportation when the buses keep filling up quickly with the limited passengers they can hold, and I can suspect a lot of people intending to get there by 10, won't be in the park at that time.

Can you just imagine if they were holding cars from parking at 9:45 and they only gave out VQ passes right at 10:00. It would get ugly fast with people getting out of their cars and screaming at the workers. It may anyway, but at least the pressure is off a little bit now.
The difference between mk and dhs toll entrance is that at mk they can easily divert people and have them go around towards the car center, they had us doing loops for about 30 minutes, at dhs they can't do that, that easily, they would need to divert people through the actual parking lot to loop them around
Just to add they can hold cars before the toll but it can get backed up into main roads quickly

The difference between mk and dhs toll entrance is that at mk they can easily divert people and have them go around towards the car center, they had us doing loops for about 30 minutes, at dhs they can't do that, that easily, they would need to divert people through the actual parking lot to loop them around
If they send people through the parking lot, expecting them to loop back out, I have a feeling most of them will just go ahead and park.

2.5 hours. The email says
If you were impacted by this error and incurred bank fees or other harm as a result, please contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277 for assistance.
I was done with this whole thing, I stressed out for 2 days because I didn't know when the money would be put back in especially when I emailed guest relations and they said 7-10 days.
This girl didn't even know about the email, I had to read it to her, then she puts me on hold and tells me that right now they are just taking guests information, and if I didn't incur in any financial fees there was nothing she could do. I asked her what the "other harm" wording meant...she stumbled the answer, had no clue
I was done with it, I only called cause of the email. What is wrong with Disney AP services? do they really want to get rid of us this much?
Wdw or maybe Disney in general appears to be a hot mess right now, in a lot of ways. I don’t give total belief to the other thread in this forum about turmoil on the macro level... but it feels like on a micro level there’s no one guiding the ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter