Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised. I doubt it was intentional on Mousekeepings part but who knows. My husband and I stayed at Riviera on July 4 and there was a single black hair (not a downstairs hair, seemed like a head hair) on top of the bed. I saw it when we first got there, but tbh it wasn't a big deal to us because they are cleaning and it happens, and other than that the room was spotless. If it had been a downstairs hair, however, I would have def. said something😂
Now that's a conversation that I would have liked to have listened in on. Excuse me, front desk, this is upstairs, we have a downstairs problem.

Where are we even seeing that there were a large amount of No-Shows to the previews? I havent seen any source to back that claim unless I missed it

Im still waiting for the source lol. So is it safe to say that this was a narrative lie that was made up to make Disney seem like there’s no desire for people to go to WDW

So to loop back to rumors, now that Disney has released FL resident and Passholder room discounts up to September 30, do we think discounts will continue per usual for Oct-Dec? Or do we think that they are just trying to overcome the mass cancellations for these early reopening months and they will charge closer to full price towards the end of the year?
I booked the Dolphin for November with their discount. I'm always amenable to changing if the right price at the right resort comes along. I'm hoping for a discount for January. I'm booked as a Pop Peasant for now, but I'd like to pull a George Jefferson and move it on up....hopefully to POFQ which I lost for two trips this year.

I totally don’t think it’s fair to shame DFB for reporting what’s happening. They 100% should.

Besides it can’t be worse then what Craig just posted on the Dis instastories after checking in at the Poly. He had to remove a booger from the couch. It must have been noticeable enough to see right away during his room tour. So yeah, mouse-keeping should have caught it.
I don’t think pointing out DFP role in this is wrong and Craig didn’t go find housekeeping staff to post their pictures. If anyone was doing shaming in this whole thing it was DFB by posting the picture.

I totally don’t think it’s fair to shame DFB for reporting what’s happening. They 100% should.
I would agree except in the last couple of years they seem to have lost all integrity in favor of clicks, so now they post clickbait titles and sensationalist photos. They’ve even removed at least one misleading sensationalist article recently after being called out. “My family got SICK at DISNEY WORLD”. We are in a pandemic, have just a shred of credibility and judgment. Jeez.

Lol! I guess the only issue is it’s something they clearly missed at a time and when they’re supposed to be extra meticulous.
We had two “ick” moments with housekeeping last week
1.) someone else’s hair tie on the counter near the sink at the Poly Villas. My DH was like “don’t forget this hair tie” and I PICKED IT UP to discover it wasn’t mine (I use the skinny kind and it was the bigger kind for thicker hair)
2.) earring backs left in the shelves of the Murphy bed at Riviera. Again, DH was like, “look at these weird little screws”. 😱

So to loop back to rumors, now that Disney has released FL resident and Passholder room discounts up to September 30, do we think discounts will continue per usual for Oct-Dec? Or do we think that they are just trying to overcome the mass cancellations for these early reopening months and they will charge closer to full price towards the end of the year?

I hope they’re empty enough to need discounts in December but also hope they’re full enough to need to reopen POFQ. I’m confident we won’t get both. :rotfl: I’ll be happy to be wrong, though!

DFB got employees fired during a pandemic. Yes, I can and will blame them.

Why wasn’t security fired at Universal for their first day mishap?

Why wasnt the TM at Hagrids fired for telling guests to fill in all available space?
People really want us to feel sorry for DFB when they shamed other people on Twitter and got them fired. I guess we can’t shame the shamers. 🤷‍♂️

I booked the Dolphin for November with their discount. I'm always amenable to changing if the right price at the right resort comes along. I'm hoping for a discount for January. I'm booked as a Pop Peasant for now, but I'd like to pull a George Jefferson and move it on up....hopefully to POFQ which I lost for two trips this year.
I tried to stay at Pop last year but we had to switch to AoA because we have 5 people. I'm not even fancy enough to be a Pop Pheasant, I'm just a lowly Animation Drainage Basin.:sad1:

I'm not one to usually do "this," but given the unique situation we all are in at the moment, I thought this might be helpful to some. Some thoughts from the last day or two being at WDW. I'm at Poly Villas (my second time staying in the Villas at Polynesian and love them), haven't been into a park yet (teleworking while here), but I've visited a few resorts, so I'll share a few tidbits. For those that don't want to read through my ramblings, I'll bold the important stuff.

Interesting trend I've noticed is that in the morning and afternoon mask compliance was basically 100% at the resort, but by evening, things had fallen to maybe 80% (though I saw quite a few groups on the Poly beach chatting and none were wearing masks). That said, I'm pleasantly surprised by how many are following the mask guidelines. I can also tell you, for obvious reasons, the crowds at the resort have picked up tonight relative to yesterday and even this afternoon, which leads to my other "concern" (I put this in quotes since it's easily corrected). There are a few Guests who don't seem to be totally onboard with the idea of physical distancing (i.e. getting in your personal space, sitting down right next to you, etc...). Of course, the solution is relatively easy: move to a new spot. While it's certainly disappointing that some folks can't respect personal space in the middle of a pandemic, most people were very mindful. This also isn't something at all exclusive to WDW; I've seen this multiple places. That said, I did see one gentleman at Kona Cafe literally step behind the host stand to talk to the hostess. During "normal" times, that's a no no. During a pandemic, that's a nonstarter. Overall, though, I felt very positive about what I've seen at the resort. Even at the usually bustling Captain Cook's, things were spaced out nicely and went smoothly.

Speaking of Kona, I also want to just make everyone aware that waits for TS dining may be a bit longer than expected. At Kona, I waited for 40 minutes after my reservation to be seated. I'm not complaining, as they're doing their best at the moment and the wait was absolutely worth it (food was delicious and staff was wonderful). This seems to be the case at a number of locations. I did speak to a CM friend about this and she mentioned that part of the benefit of the new 60-day ADR window is that it gives them a little more flexibility in adjusting restaurant capacity in both directions. They seem to have overestimated their capacity, but that should be corrected soon.

Below is the setup for the monorail at the Polynesian. The Resort Monorail will start tomorrow at 7am but won't stop at MK until 8:30am. CMs are saying this will continue to be the procedure until further notice. CMs aren't sure if temperature checks will happen here or at MK but most are guessing the latter. As previously announced, no Epcot monorail for the time being.

image0.jpeg

Some photos of the empty GF lobby.

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

I checked out the infamous blue tarps for myself (photos below). Worth noting they had to have had at least half a dozen security CMs guarding the fence.

image3.jpeg

image6.jpeg

I know there's been sizable media attention directed towards tomorrow's reopening, though interestingly enough, it's this story that seems to have some Disney leadership more annoyed. As Josh said in his NYT interview, Disney is looking at tomorrow as a chance to not only prove the naysayers wrong but also in a way lead the country down a path towards responsible reopenings (whether things go as well as planned remains to be seen of course; there are a lot of variables that are outside of Disney's control). But there seems be some sort of growing frustration (at least among WDW leadership) that NBA players' tweets and posts just make them look bad (and remember the NBA is actually the one providing most of the chefs). As someone who has tried to telework, I did have to chuckle at the remarks about the in-room WiFi. If it takes the NBA to get that addressed, I'm here for it.

Unrelated but by the way, if this hasn't been officially reported, AP discounts are not valid for the Disney face masks.

I'll try to share any more info tomorrow from MK as it becomes available, but again just a reminder that these are all my personal impressions. If anyone has any questions, let me know.

Disney isn’t terminating people and making multi million dollar decisions because of my ramblings.
Hi Bob :wave:

Besides it can’t be worse then what Craig just posted on the Dis instastories after checking in at the Poly. He had to remove a booger from the couch. It must have been noticeable enough to see right away during his room tour. So yeah, mouse-keeping should have caught it.
:scared::crazy2:

I really don't want to know how he determined that it was a booger. I mean, are boogers obvious in appearance? I don't have a lot of experience seeking them out, and I'm spitballing here, but could it have been something else? Glue? Ointment? :oops:
My mind just went to a much darker place than glue or ointment and pretty unmentionable on a family message board. I would have nope-d right out of that room.

Where’s the source? You keep “laughing” at my posts. So I know you’re around. Just admit you were lying to make it seem like there was no demand at Disney because you’re a Universal shill. Go ahead and report me, but spreading false information to create a narrative is against forum policies.
I'm not lying. Trojanjustin on the WDWmagic board posted saying "The # of no-shows for the AP previews was astounding to them.". Its not false information when you put 2 and 2 together. They are now selling 2020 resort stays and tickets. That says to me the demand they hoped for is not there.

The only park I do have a fondness for is Cedar Point.

Hoping it opens for you! And I hope we all get discounts galore😆

Thanks! At this point, I’m really pretty easy. I’m just hoping things will be ok enough that we can go as-planned in December and we have a place to sleep when we get there.:laughing: Anything else is gravy.:goodvibes

I'm not lying. Trojanjustin on the WDWmagic board posted saying "The # of no-shows for the AP previews was astounding to them.". Its not false information when you put 2 and 2 together. They are now selling 2020 resort stays and tickets. That says to me the demand they hoped for is not there.

The only park I do have a fondness for is Cedar Point.

Thats not a valid source unless they had main gate information and provided evidence.

Disney stated last month that “later this summer” 2020 tickets and resorts would be available again. No one knew or said when exactly. Yesterday could have been the date set all along.

The discounts are good, but so were universals with their buy one get one free tickets and their added AP discounts. Seaworld was basically giving APs away for free. So lets not act like Disney is the only company trying to get people to come to take a vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter