Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same. Western NY leaving in one week. Teacher so I can complete the quarantine when I return.
I thought the quarantine was both directions, though? Like when you land in Florida you have to quarantine for 14 days, not after you complete your trip and return home? Unless the news in my area is interpreting it incorrectly ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Chicago has a suggested quarantine, but it only mentions that it’s upon your return home

Last edited:
Live streams showing no crowds right now at MK. No doubt most are locals that wanted to be there first thing and have seen enough/had enough of the heat for now.

Who are you watching right now? I tried to watch Resort TV 1 but YouTube on my TV was acting up and I had to close it.

Ok my quick review of today'
Again parking toll booth did not open until 8am, people were circling, I saw a green light with a yellow cone in front so was the first in that lane and didn't have to circle since the cone was there blocking.
They then let us in to another waiting point by the old speedway, then they let us in to another waiting point. At this part a mom like 10 cars back got out of her car, the CM yelling at her to get back in her car, the mom yelling :I have a bathroom emergency" I felt bad. Seriously if you don't need to be there first just wait until 8am to arrive and make sure everyone potties before :D
temp check, security was fine. Monorail looked like a longish line so I went to the ferry. They had all 3 ferries, the monorail and buses from TTC to MK. Buses usually is the fastest way if it's an option
As I got out of the ferry I saw a CM stopping a guy because he was wearing a gaiter, he pulled it down to show he had a mask underneath and was let through
Another family, was stopped for gaiter wearing, they dug in their backpacks where they had their masks
Entrance was fine, no fingerprint and no need for AP registration email
Inside it was pretty much just like CM preview aside for no photopass photographers on Main Street
Disney is giving us all the tools necessary to be safe, seriously, didn't encounter an empty sanitizer station, saw them close the Carpets for 10 min to clean, they sprayed everything, the vehicles, the railings
Went on Splash, they loaded front and last row, on carpets, tea cups, buzz and Dumbo
Mobile Order is really efficient, the CM only touches the tray as he pushes it towards you, the CM clean your used table as you get up
Baby Care and First Aid are open they switched the rocking chairs at baby care for wooden ones so they are easily cleaned and took away they couches
If you have any questions lmk

I'll add that I arrived to parking booth probably around 805? I didn't make to MK til after 9. It seemed like they were letting in by waves because it'd get so backed up. So I do think there's a fine line between getting there too early, but waiting, and now you're really backed up. I think I didn't get past the toll booth til 830? So if you got there just a few minutes after me, who knows how much further back you were.

Like you, I didn't see photographers anywhere on Main St in the morning, but I did seem them as I was leaving around 2. So maybe at opening, they didn't want to be there to cause more congestion?

There were some issues with sanitizer stations where it was struggling to dispense anything (it wasn't empty as it there was someone there looking at it). If you can, i'd suggest to bring your own bottle still. I would use mine while waiting to get off the ride as well.

Mentioned another post, didn't use Mobile Order so no idea how that was.

None of the stores I saw (outside of Splash) were at capacity so walking into them was like normal. Every store had masks by the way if you're looking to buy some. They had a ton of masks total, but it seemed Larges were the most sparse.

Lines moved very fast, 7DMT was posted 30 min when I went, and don 't think it was more than 20.

Oh, and I cried a lot walking in. Especially when the CM's were saying "welcome home". I lost it. I'm glad I had sunglasses on lol. Seeing a 32 year old male bawl his eyes out isn't a pretty sight

That's who I'm watching. It's been great here all day but only watching on my laptop.

Ah ok, I gave it a go again and it seems to be working fine now. Every so often the Android TV version of YouTube gets gremlins for no reason.

Speaking of YouTube in case anyone else was curious I saw a monorail video from today. Seems very orderly with the numbers on the platform.

Not I. However there are others in another thread who have openly discussed how nothing is going to stop them from going.
I have to be honest and admit mixed feelings here. Not too go ot but saw today NY infection rate around 1% while Florida topping 18%. So I just don’t get the FLA quarantine order. I think everybody knows I am in the not going camp, but I just don’t think it’s fair to potentially block people who have made the decision to go and worked though all the issues to get there. I get you should follow rules and support that idea 100%, bit isn’t this the type of over reaching and misguided rule that is making it more difficult to get people’s cooperation on the more sensible rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter