Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup and say that it's Disney's fault.

In the next couple of weeks people are going to come out and say that they went to Disney, even though they didnt, and tested positive just to renew the narrative that Disney shouldn’t be open. There arent many Disney related tweets without at least 1 comment in there saying Disney is trying to kill people.

I'm confused, aren't you supposed to quarantine once reaching FL? Or is it just once you're home?
Both states have quarantine orders so you have to quarantine in both directions. Somebody from NY visiting Disney World would technically have to quarantine for 28 days total, 14 on each side. There are some on this board who have bragged about how they intend to ignore state laws though.

But if someone from out of state had it they would not comment/count it and the tracing in FLA is not exactly keeping with the outbreak so really does not mean that much.
If you want to look at it as no news is good news go with that. Otherwise it’s another politico toeing the company line...
It’s just a piece of info. I’d imagine Universal and SeaWorld have been relying heavily on locals so far.

I'm confused, aren't you supposed to quarantine once reaching FL? Or is it just once you're home?

I literally just got a phone call from my condo (Orange Lake) where I’m staying before I head over to Disney (Pop) and she mentioned my coming from NY, I spoke to her about the 14 day quarantine when I return to NY, but she never mentioned a 14 day quarantine in Florida. She just called to tell me all of my resort was open except for a couple of restaurants.

I literally just got a phone call from my condo (Orange Lake) where I’m staying before I head over to Disney (Pop) and she mentioned my coming from NY, I spoke to her about the 14 day quarantine when I return to NY, but she never mentioned a 14 day quarantine in Florida. She just called to tell me all of my resort was open except for a couple of restaurants.

There is a 14 day quarantine on both ends. Disney does not want people on property who have not completed the quarantine before entering.

I did forget to post, and got this on the live stream. I was exiting Splash and 2 CM were talking with each other, a manager came over and told them, "remember to social distance" while she spread her arms out like a plane. So even between CM they are trying to maintain the rules.
I understand sometimes you do forget, the mask, to me, is becoming second nature, like I take it off and I feel I'm missing something, but talking to another person, a co worker, might be harder but they are trying their best to stay within the rules

There is a 14 day quarantine on both ends. Disney does not want people on property who have not completed the quarantine before entering.

Has Disney turned a family away upon checkin from any of their resorts from the Tri State area?
I am arriving in Florida before I head to Disney to satisfy the “quarantine”.

Forgive me but I dont see anywhere that says a person at Disney can't walk with a drink and have it while walking. Maybe I am missing a regulation somewhere and I do see a reference to have face coverings on unless dining or in a designated area where you can rest. I foresee that Disney is going to need to clarify this rule cause people have water, purchase soda/beer, etc. Are they supposed to purchase from a cart and sit down to drink the entire drink at a designated location? Again, it is a mere question as I see no stated rule for "on the fly" purchases.

I did forget to post, and got this on the live stream. I was exiting Splash and 2 CM were talking with each other, a manager came over and told them, "remember to social distance" while she spread her arms out like a plane. So even between CM they are trying to maintain the rules.
I understand sometimes you do forget, the mask, to me, is becoming second nature, like I take it off and I feel I'm missing something, but talking to another person, a co worker, might be harder but they are trying their best to stay within the rules
What kind of mask are you wearing? I want to find one that I can breathe through in the FL heat. I wore mine to a local zoo and I was having a hard time ignoring it.

So, you cannot eat or drink unless in a certain spot?
Has anyone who has been to the parks noticed if there are any signs explaining the rules about eating/drinking in the parks (other than at table service locations)? If food/drink carts are open, they should have signs there explaining the rules they expect everyone to follow to help prevent confusion.

Has Disney turned a family away upon checkin from any of their resorts from the Tri State area?
I am arriving in Florida before I head to Disney to satisfy the “quarantine”.

Disney does not appear to be enforcing it or making sure guests it would apply to have been in the state long enough already, but their official policy is people who are subject to quarantine when they arrive cannot do it on property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter