Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me but I dont see anywhere that says a person at Disney can't walk with a drink and have it while walking. Maybe I am missing a regulation somewhere and I do see a reference to have face coverings on unless dining or in a designated area where you can rest. I foresee that Disney is going to need to clarify this rule cause people have water, purchase soda/beer, etc. Are they supposed to purchase from a cart and sit down to drink the entire drink at a designated location? Again, it is a mere question as I see no stated rule for "on the fly" purchases.
I just posted a very similar thought!

What kind of mask are you wearing? I want to find one that I can breathe through in the FL heat. I wore mine to a local zoo and I was having a hard time ignoring it.
the blue, medical ones. Used them since Universal opened, have used them in all the parks, longest time wearing them has been at MK from 9am to 7pm only taking it off to eat and in the relaxation zones. I tried the cloth ones and they are unbearable to me

Has anyone who has been to the parks noticed if there are any signs explaining the rules about eating/drinking in the parks (other than at table service locations)? If food/drink carts are open, they should have signs there explaining the rules they expect everyone to follow to help prevent confusion.
It is not posted anywhere . I think this is more of a common sense situation but we all know Disney guests lack that once they enter "the bubble" You can sit or stand to the side and eat or drink but not walk and eat or drink

Disney does not appear to be enforcing it or making sure guests it would apply to have been in the state long enough already, but their official policy is people who are subject to quarantine when they arrive cannot do it on property.

Its in hopes to deter people from those areas into going. They know that its nearly impossible to enforce it 100%, but if they mention it continuously, they’ll scare enough people away from doing it. Unless you’re wearing a shirt walking into your resort that says “I just flew into Orlando from the Tri-State area”, there’s really only so much they can do

So, you cannot eat or drink unless in a certain spot?

The person was probably doing it in a way that was showing off that they were getting away with not wearing a mask. I’m sure you can take off the mask to take a sip of your drink or eat a piece of popcorn, but once you start walking around maskless for an elongated time munching on food and drinking, then they’re probably going to say something

the blue, medical ones. Used them since Universal opened, have used them in all the parks, longest time wearing them has been at MK from 9am to 7pm only taking it off to eat and in the relaxation zones. I tried the cloth ones and they are unbearable to me

It is not posted anywhere . I think this is more of a common sense situation but we all know Disney guests lack that once they enter "the bubble" You can sit or stand to the side and eat or drink but not walk and eat or drink
Exactly! If they put up signs near stands, it might keep CMs from having to tell people what not to do, which we know many people won't take very well and may respond in a not-so-nice-way to the poor CMs who are just trying to do their jobs. Something as simple as "Please enjoy your beverages and snacks in one of our relaxation zones or other areas away from walking paths, and avoid eating/drinking while walking."

Thank you. I have to figure out something that works, because I find it unbearable too.

That’s crazy, must Have been a thin one with no filter or liner...the ones I have been using were approved by our Health Department at work. But such is life...
I think the problem would be that it’s easier to make a “no gaiters” policy than it is to put the onus on a CM to approach a guest and make a judgement call on whether it’s a “good gaiter” or a “bad gaiter”.

I wouldn’t call this common sense if you’re walking with no one around you. I don’t see a problem then.

I wouldn’t call this common sense if you’re walking with no one around you. I don’t see a problem then.
I understand that but then you don't know who can come walking around a corner or behind you all of a sudden. When I need a drink of water I stand to the side and drink and then keep walking. I think it;s pretty common sense in these times. But I agree if Disney wants this to be a rule they should have proper signage for it

Just read on one of the other threads that someone called the Florida hotline and was told that the list of states that need to quarantine when entering Florida is going to change. With some being removed and some added. Good news for me if true but feel real bad for people from other states that have Disney trips planned next week

3 people in separate parties in our immediate area in line for splash are not covering their noses with the masks. I saw zero people doing that Tuesday. And when you’re in line near someone like that you just feel trapped. They need CMs stationed throughout lines and correcting guest behavior it seems. I’m not a mask freak but I do care about Disney not having a bad image or the appearance of non-compliance.

Oh the irony. Two posts which show/tell of people not following the mask rules, and then this saying 100% compliance. 🤣 So apparently just having a mask on your person is all that matters. Whether you use it correctly, or are wearing the right one, doesn't matter

Its in hopes to deter people from those areas into going. They know that its nearly impossible to enforce it 100%, but if they mention it continuously, they’ll scare enough people away from doing it. Unless you’re wearing a shirt walking into your resort that says “I just flew into Orlando from the Tri-State area”, there’s really only so much they can do
Do they allow people on ME that disembarked from flights that originated in the restricted areas, or with ID that shows they live in the restricted area? Not having free airport transportation might be enough to make a person pause and rethink their trip. It would be harder to enforce otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter