Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been noticing some posts in this thread with "odd" capitalization. Did I miss some new trend? If so, I'm glad I missed it.
If this is referencing one of my posts, I follow the Disney corporate style guide whenever I'm writing about Disney. It's just a byproduct of having dealt with so many manuals, promotional materials, and the like. I also know the reason why they do it and think it's important, as it reflects how they view and contextualize certain ideas and things. A few examples of words that are usually capitalized in official material from Disney:

Park
Guest Expeirence
Cast Member
Member (referring to DVC)
Annual Passholder
Disney Resort Hotel (I don't know why but sometimes the first two words are capitalized and the last isn't I don't know).

Also, if part of one of these phrases is used, it's also usually capitalized. For example, "We value our Passholders" or "On behalf of the Cast of the Walt Disney World Resort, welcome."

You missed the point. No first timer should go right now. Especially an adult who is there for a job. Context is everything. This article doesn’t deserve clicks.

I dunno. I am bringing 2 first time kids next month. They are excited. But they have exactly zero expectations in their minds. I doubt it will be disappointing because they don’t know what it was like pre covid. As for me: low waits and early bedtime for the win!

If this is referencing one of my posts, I follow the Disney corporate style guide whenever I'm writing about Disney. It's just a byproduct of having dealt with so many manuals, promotional materials, and the like. I also know the reason why they do it and think it's important, as it reflects how they view and contextualize certain ideas and things. A few examples of words that are usually capitalized in official material from Disney:

Park
Guest Expeirence
Cast Member
Member (referring to DVC)
Annual Passholder
Disney Resort Hotel (I don't know why but sometimes the first two words are capitalized and the last isn't I don't know).

They were referencing tHiS tYpE oF oDd cApItiLiZaTiOn, I think.

I don’t know how to recognize a new screener, but at The main Epcot entrance this afternoon, they only asked if guests had umbrellas or aerosols and then walked in.

Is Disney really against room discounts/deals for general public?

I mean if at a later date capacity restrictions can be relaxed a bit, but people still aren't booking, do we still think they wouldn't offer a room discount to general public?
Some of what I've read imply that it might look bad for Disney to give discounts while Florida is still considered a hot spot. You know, negative press for encouraging people to visit a hot spot during a pandemic. That's why I do think monitoring numbers are relevant because if things do start trending down, then Disney very well might, (and probably will), begin offering nice discounts.

I had been told they, even before reopening, they were concerned about September.

This makes sense considering that September is usually the slowest month for them. That's why I go during Labor Day week. Also, last I counted on the DVC rental broker's site I used, there are over 200 DVC rentals up for re-rental for September alone, including mine. There are around 65 for August. ETA: 48 now for August and 312 now for Sept.

I think demand for captive spend-y guests is way lower than anticipated. So many things have pointed to this.

Yep, agreed!

Last edited:
Some of what I've read imply that it might look bad for Disney to give discounts while Florida is still considered a hot spot. You know, negative press for encouraging people to visit a hot spot during a pandemic. That's why I do think monitoring numbers are relevant because if things do start trending down, then Disney very well might, (and probably will), begin offering nice discounts.

Oh certainly, it would look bad now!

I was thinking later when things are better (they will be :) ), but people are still travel-shy - perhaps a nice room discount would be enticing...

It sounds like we are in the same magical bucket. I was told most likely CR garden wing but they are working on it with Disney now (and that it could take a few DAYS 😳). She said it is possible it could be different because the pandemic has changed things, but she felt CR garden wing was the most likely. Kind of a bummer coming from Poly.

Yep, sounds like. That would be a real bummer...it's tower or bust for me if CR. I would vastly prefer YC.

Were you booked on Labor Day weekend? I was too until the tri-state order was extended and I moved to the end of Sept.

Also, hilariously I just got an email from JetBlue about my return flight being moved to 2pm! The hits just keep on coming today. I can't even be mad at this point lol I mean it is what it is. Just gotta go with the flow.

A friend of mine had a AoA little mermaid room reservation and got upgraded to the cabins at FW, she's very happy I told her to call :)
Just got back from Sea World where mask adherence was a about a 90% BUT the people who were breaking the rules were going all out. I was waiting for the dolphin show and they are leaving one row empty to social distance along with markers every 3ft on the seats for parties to separate in the same row. Anyways this huge group comes and the first person gets so close to me I had to ask her to move away a bit, then when their entire group couldn't fit all in the ron the remaining people sat in the row directly in front, clearly marked as not available, then they all decide to take off their masks, well SW is doing a fantastic job, 2 Ambassadors came over asking them to put their masks back on and not use the row clearly marked. I thanked the ambassador that was closest to me and he seemed exhausted already.
Also they have their own enforcement team, they walk around with signs reminding about masks and social distancing and are very colorful so you can't miss them
They also have a great way to unload their theaters with each row at a time. Going back Saturday night for their Electric Ocean event.
Tomorrow I'm headed to Volcano Bay, interested to see if their crowds are back
Do you know if you're allowed to eat in the stadiums? Pre-pandemic we'd grab a snack and arrive a bit early to a show (particularly Clyde and Seymor for the mime) and eat the snack while we wait. Wondering if this is allowed, obviously putting the mask back on when we were done eating.

Yep, sounds like. That would be a real bummer...it's tower or bust for me if CR. I would vastly prefer YC.

Were you booked on Labor Day weekend? I was too until the tri-state order was extended and I moved to the end of Sept.

Also, hilariously I just got an email from JetBlue about my return flight being moved to 2pm! The hits just keep on coming today. I can't even be mad at this point lol I mean it is what it is. Just gotta go with the flow.
I'm the last week of August.

The military discount is actually a few hundred dollars less for the garden wing than what I am currently paying so I'll be doing a cancel and rebook if that's where we get moved. It was a great price for Poly, not so much for the CR garden wing. That is what would annoy me about that switch, even just based off rack rates I don't see how those are a comparable value. I'm not thrilled about the garden wing but my husband is open to it so I guess I would give it a try. CR is his favorite resort. I've only ever stayed in the tower club king rooms... so quite a difference with garden wing but for the right price I'd give it a go.

I dunno. I am bringing 2 first time kids next month. They are excited. But they have exactly zero expectations in their minds. I doubt it will be disappointing because they don’t know what it was like pre covid. As for me: low waits and early bedtime for the win!
Kids are different. An adult for the first time right now especially who is reporting on the opening is not a good mix.

I don’t know how to recognize a new screener, but at The main Epcot entrance this afternoon, they only asked if guests had umbrellas or aerosols and then walked in.
The new security scanners look like this...

...and those who have been through them have reported being told to take out umbrellas and hold them in front of them, but otherwise, just walk through with their bags, which sounds similar to your description, so it seems possible that they're now using the new scanners at the main gate, and not just the International Gateway.

I'm the last week of August.

The military discount is actually a few hundred dollars less for the garden wing than what I am currently paying so I'll be doing a cancel and rebook if that's where we get moved. It was a great price for Poly, not so much for the CR garden wing. That is what would annoy me about that switch, even just based off rack rates I don't see how those are a comparable value. I'm not thrilled about the garden wing but my husband is open to it so I guess I would give it a try. CR is his favorite resort. I've only ever stayed in the tower club king rooms... so quite a difference with garden wing but for the right price I'd give it a go.

I understand. The AP discount for CR garden wing actually had it hovering around $300 for my dates iirc. I mean I wouldn't be upset if it was one of my usual weekend solo trips but idk about 6 days there. If I can keep my AP discount then I'll see.

They were referencing tHiS tYpE oF oDd cApItiLiZaTiOn, I think.
I think that is supposed to read as ironic or sarcastic tone.
Maybe I’m off

I always figure it was like someone is making fun of person who would say whatever they said, but really believe it. Like - if someone really believes that it's impossible to get Covid at disney - because it's disney - they would look like this when typing that out in a reply:

ktpng.gif

and the text version is:

bUt YoU cAnT cAtCh a ViRuS iN tHe MoSt MaGiCaL pLaCe On EaRtH

I always figure it was like someone is making fun of person who would say whatever they said, but really believe it. Like - if someone really believes that it's impossible to get Covid at disney - because it's disney - they would look like this when typing that out in a reply:

ktpng.gif

and the text version is:

Yup

ktpng.gif

and the text version is:

Usually accompanied by this:
spongebob.jpg

Just as a data point: I was at WDW 7/15-20 (5 nts Poly); flew AA there n back; home now for 7 days; went this morning for a Covid test (free in Cook County IL); they use the rapid Abbott ID NOW test; was Walgreens drive through with an appt.; got the email results already - negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter