Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.

I just looked at videos and pictures from today...I know I'm in the minority, but that is too empty for me. I mean I know why, it's just that I think I would find it a little depressing. I like the buzz of people, chatting with strangers, etc. I watched the video with Tink going by on a float and it looked like a ghost town.

Not saying I'm not going next May though! :D

Wow.

I just looked at videos and pictures from today...I know I'm in the minority, but that is too empty for me. I mean I know why, it's just that I think I would find it a little depressing. I like the buzz of people, chatting with strangers, etc. I watched the video with Tink going by on a float and it looked like a ghost town.

I liked that Shannon from WDW Prep said it was very empty, but it didn't FEEL creepy empty and she has definitely felt that way before at After Hours events. Maybe because it was during the day and the music was going. She said it was like Early Morning Magic crowds.

I believe that people were actively looking to post pics and video of the empty locations.

Personally, I would love this. We always go during holidays and it sucks sometimes.

Wow.

I would hope by next May the parks are a little busier. Not because I hope they pack em in like sardines, but because if the parks arent busier next Summer then that probably means we’re still dealing with this thing

I liked that Shannon from WDW Prep said it was very empty, but it didn't FEEL creepy empty and she has definitely felt that way before at After Hours events. Maybe because it was during the day and the music was going. She said it was like Early Morning Magic crowds.

I believe that people were actively looking to post pics and video of the empty locations.

Personally, I would love this. We always go during holidays and it sucks sometimes.

There's definitely a happy medium for me between empty and super-crowded.
:)

I know they were meeting most, not all flights from the tri state area and making you fill out paperwork where you will be doing the 14 day quarantine and your contact info so they can call you to check. They also met some connecting flights with large numbers too I guess they get lists from the airlines clt and atl mostly I saw being met so connecting passengers only they care about everyone else can walk thru. I don't see disney caring at all , once you are past the airport i wouldn't even thinks bout it. Not encouraging anyone to break the law to visit a theme park ,bit after the airport unless you are speeding or something on you no one is gonna ask you

That’s the way we felt. I actually turned to my wife at one point and said “It feels like EMM” except it was about 2pm.

So what happens if the rumors end up being true and the governor does change the states that need to quarantine to a policy similar to NY and all of a sudden this weekend 18 states are on the list?

Oh the irony. Two posts which show/tell of people not following the mask rules, and then this saying 100% compliance. 🤣 So apparently just having a mask on your person is all that matters. Whether you use it correctly, or are wearing the right one, doesn't matter

I will say that after these 3 people in the Splash queue, I think I only saw 1-2 more nose out bandits all day.

I know they were meeting most, not all flights from the tri state area and making you fill out paperwork where you will be doing the 14 day quarantine and your contact info so they can call you to check. They also met some connecting flights with large numbers too I guess they get lists from the airlines clt and atl mostly I saw being met so connecting passengers only they care about everyone else can walk thru. I don't see disney caring at all , once you are past the airport i wouldn't even thinks bout it. Not encouraging anyone to break the law to visit a theme park ,bit after the airport unless you are speeding or something on you no one is gonna ask you

If you're staying on the property, here's the info on the Disney site:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/
Guests staying at a Disney Resort hotel must review the health acknowledgment below.

What You’ll Need
Before traveling to Florida, please make sure that you have reviewed any advisories or restrictions that may be in place for travel to Florida. Visit https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/travelers/ for information. Guests who are under isolation or quarantine orders must not enter Walt Disney World Resort.

Went to guest relations to ask about gaiters
So Disney did their own study and found the gaiters are only about 20% effective when stretched on face so they literally changed the rule yesterday and are not allowing gaiters, not even looped. Now again I've seen people wearing them but it's like when people sneak in a selfie stick. So do yourself a favor and get regular masks
I posted a link up thread.
https://aip.scitation.org/doi/10.1063/5.0016018Droplets can go around 8 feet. Bandana masks lowere it to4 feet. Masks inches.

no, they told me absolutel no gaiters of any kind cause it didn't pass an internal safety test

Hmmmm. I bought a bunch of neck gaiters from Sleefs and took them to my mom to see if she could make some masks with them.

She was able to make 4 masks out of every gaiter. We’re bringing down 60 of the custom masks. All have the elastic ear bands and pull snugly over the nose, mouth, chin and sides of the face. Kind of makes me wonder if they will try to flag us due to the material?

Would be odd if we’re fine with the same gaiter material, but couldn’t wear a gaiter even if it had ear holes.

Hmmmm. I bought a bunch of neck gaiters from Sleefs and took them to my mom to see if she could make some masks with them.

She was able to make 4 masks out of every gaiter. We’re bringing down 60 of the custom masks. All have the elastic ear bands and pull snugly over the nose, mouth, chin and sides of the face. Kind of makes me wonder if they will try to flag us due to the material?

Would be odd if we’re fine with the same gaiter material, but couldn’t wear a gaiter even if it had ear holes.

This is what I want to do, without being too snug on my mouth- that plus the cooling material is what makes the gaiters bearable. Did she just use a normal mask pattern? I'm thinking of running to a thrift store and finding a cooling shirt as I don't want to spend $15 on yet another gaiter. I got five already to get me through a work week and to use at theme parks Universal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter