Cranberry or Pineapple?? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
:grouphug: :grouphug: Heidi, that is sad. Prayers out to Chris' Mom. That's good that you are all sending her to the funeral.

Okay, I looked and it said that Marcie posted at 7:00am this morning and I don't see her post!!! What is up with the boards..they have been so slow and losing posts!

I am so sorry Heidi. That poor man. I really feel for him and Chris' mom!

The board has been so frustrating and I was beginning to believe it was our computer.

I posted about an hour ago and it hasn't appeared yet. It is very strange.

I read awhile ago that they were changing servers but I would think it would be done by now. Who knows.

On the community board they said something about downing the server at 11 tonight and hiding threads with large posts counts for 24 hours.

Hi guys, glad I could get on and actually talk to you. My other thread is on lock down for a short time. It is a thread that was started in 2002. So it is well over the 10,000 post limit for the 24 hour period. I was holding my breath that we haven't met it here yet.

Hi guys, glad I could get on and actually talk to you. My other thread is on lock down for a short time. It is a thread that was started in 2002. So it is well over the 10,000 post limit for the 24 hour period. I was holding my breath that we haven't met it here yet.

I was wondering that too.

I am getting down to stress time for the trip. I am having to research out the new TSA requirements for lithium batteries. As of this month, you can only bring in so many, not pack them in checked luggage and it goes on. Quite honestly, I don't understand it. Then when you put it in your carry on you have to cover the terminals with tape and put them separately in a ziploc bag. Not sure if you can keep them in your camera, iPods etc and just seal the extra batteries. I guess that some AA batteries can now be lithium. Frustration!!

What? I did not know any of this.:scared1:

Hi everyone.

Speaking of deadbeats...lol...I have a friend, who I no longer hang out with all because of what I am going to tell you. Her and her DH had been married about the same amount of time Jeff and I have been. Once she got pregnant she stopped working. Her children are my children's age. A few years ago they seperated and later divorce. It takes a year to get a divorce in NC. Well he agreed to pay her $1000 a month in child support. Which is more than he would have had to if the courts were involved. He would still buy the kids stuff. However, she spend the child support on all the bills so she would not have to go back to work. He was also putting gas in her van weekly which was on top of the child support. I remind you he still was paying for insurance for all of them, he was still buying them things when they were with him and paying for their lunches at school. All once again on top of the child support. My friend stayed mad at her Dh because she felt like she should not suffer since she was not the reason they broke up. However, she was the one who kicked him out. I would probably have kicked him out too. She refused to get a job. He finally had to get ugly and told her he was no longer doing anything but the child support, insurance, paying for half of any summer thing they chose to and giving them a bit of money for their pocket. She was livid with him. She never quite got the fact she needed to get a job. As far as I know she still does not have one. She did let her uncle move in with them and made him pay half of the bills and pay her rent. When his lawyer went to try to get the amount she was getting from her uncle she backed off a bit. She made out rather well. She wound up with the house, the van and the child support. The house and van were paid for. I just could no longer be around her because all she ever did was complain about him. I thought she was fortunate that she never had to go back to work and was given the house and car. She has turned the children against their father. It was rather nasty.

I have wonderful news. Jeff does not have any tears in his ACL. No damage to the MCL either. He has been advised he has a severe sprang. She told him he might of healed quicker if he had done some damage. lol Which I look at it NO surgery. :cool1:

That is great Selena. Hopefully it will heal pretty fast. My child support is only a third of that and he has never paid for lunches or anything like that. He's supposed to pay half of her medical bills and doesn't do that either. I just told him the other day how I spent $100 on her being sick, he doesn't say a word. Oh and he told me about her shirt that it was a mistake and if she accidentally brought something home from his house and I donated he wouldnt expect me to replace it. Oh geez she's at his house every other weekend. So what 4 nights a month and he's acting like she has some big wardrobe over there. Most of her clothes over there are handme downs. God forbid she may bring something home from over there.

Selena, great news about Jeff. I bet he is happy!!

You know, child support is a two way street. Women can take advantage of the men and the men can take a "I don't care" attitude. It is sure nice what Chris has with his ex!

Hi all, I just popped on really quick, the hotel we are at has a comuter in the lobby. We didn't make it in time to see my grandmother before she died. :( Mom called me when I was on the way to the airport on Tuesday and said that she had passed away already. She was in a lot of pain and ready to go. I am glad she is in a better place now. We stayed in Nashville until last night. Her funeral was yesterday and then afterwards my brother and I drove up to Kentucky to see our other grandmother. We will stay here a couple of days and then head back to the Nashville area and stay with our great aunt until we leave on Wed. We tried to see if we could change our flight until Sunday, but they were going to charge us another $660 to do that. Crazy. We decided it would be cheaper to stay. We are kind of bummed about it though.

We saw our other grandmother for several hours today and then she got tired so we dropped her off at the assisted living home and came back to the hotel. This is a TINY town and pretty much everything shuts down around dinner time. There isn't much to do anyway. I am sure tonight we will just be hanging in the room watching tv. Maybe something good will be on HBO. :)

Talk to you guys later! Sandy if I don't talk to you before you leave, have a great time.

I am sorry to hear of the deaths & child support problems y'all are dealing with..... :grouphug:

The kids and I had 2 shows yesterday & 1 today. Then we get a break until Thursday! LOL!

DH has arranged to move the furniture to the new house friday/Saturday. He wants to watch the Super Bowl in the new house -- which is funny since he hasn't watched a football game all season......... :rotfl: :rotfl: The kids and I will have a show that afternoon so, I don't care what he does! LOL!

I'm hoping to get some things packed this week -- I keep telling myself I need to have at leat 5 boxes done tomorrow! LOL! We'll see!

Have a great Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter