Country Music Full/Half April 25th, 2009

I am on the way. Driving down to Florence, KY tonight and finishing the trip tomorrow. I'm hoping to be at the expo about 1ish. See you all there.

WISHing all safe travels and a happy event. I'm leaving before dawn Friday a.m. at zero dark thirty. Driving forever. I plan to sleep after expo and SF for a couple of hours at least since I'll be exhausted. Hope this plan works. See you there or see ya when we return.

Safe travels everyone! We are also leaving a 0'dark thirty tomorrow.

We'll miss everyone who can't make it!

The crazed Panda is fleeing south, top down, classic rock cranked, hugs from pretty princesses at the end of the road, life is sweet.:cool1:

Party Panda:hippie:

Just checked into the Maxwell Millennium House hotel. Going to head downtown for some sight seeing, then the expo, then the SPaghetti Factory. Good travels everyone and see most of you at 4:30ish.

Well it is a bit crazy around here! Lots of people, LOTS of traffic! Fairly good sized expo, decent freebies and goodies. Met up with Panda, Lisa and family at expo this afternoon and did dinner at Macaroni Grill.

Ran into Susie and Steve at hotel when heading out for dinner.
Hope to see more WISHers tomorrow morning.
Right now, time to set everything out and relax.

We just got back from dinner at OSF with everyone.

It was great spending time with old and new friends.

I look forward to seeing a bunch of green in the morning.

Good luck and sleep tight!

Just like Tracy said, Have a great race everyone!!

Can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it.

FYI: You can go to cmmarathon.com and live track any of the runners if you know their names or bib number. I am number 1447. I'll be back with a report and some splits. Good luck everyone.

Just got a text from Aldisney!! WTG - Have a GREAT FIRST HALF!! :woohoo:

(wanted to shout it out so she could hear me!! *G)

Anyone else having problems getting into Live Results? I can see the video feed, but can't track WISHers by name or big number.

Anyone else having problems getting into Live Results? I can see the video feed, but can't track WISHers by name or big number.

I was just coming to report the same thing!!

and now I cant hear the country music - just a blur from the microphone!! (shirts are blurry too - yellow and lime green shirts, but not any WISH shirts visable! to me!! ;) )

well, at least we know the sun is shining, and it looks like a great race!! 2 hours and 18 min in...

This one's for all you brave, strong WISHers who made it through the tough, tough conditions this weekend. I'm so very proud of you all....:goodvibes

:stitch: 'Ohana Monday Mixer :stitch:

I've been thinking about how to create a hot topic for this week's mixer question. Turns out, the weather cooperated with me. :lmao:

Many areas of the country experienced above average temperatures this weekend, which made many of our weekend distances uncomfortable. (I was thinking especially of how the weather affected the racers at CMM, particularly our very special WISHers). So this week's mixer topic, which starts here on the 'Ohana thread:

What are your training/racing/recovery tips and strategies for hot-weather conditions?

Feel free to tell us how you alter your routines: when you go out, what gear you use or what you wear, how you hydrate and fuel differently, how to recognize danger signs, how you keep cool and/or recover from overheating, and when you decide to shorten/quit/take it inside.

As we all know, going out in the heat can be dangerous, so please help all of us by sharing your knowledge. :thumbsup2

I had a great time meeting all of you at OSF, so that I could show my family what this WISH thing is all about. ;)

I was honored to be considered part of the group! :grouphug: I'm glad I got to share my first half with all my WISH friends.

Now, I have a question for you. ;) I developed a blister underneath my middle toe on my left foot. Should I pop it or leave it alone and let it pop on its own? :confused3 It is also bruised, but it was already bruised from my 10 miler a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks to all of you who listened to my "newbie" questions and answered them, and gave me support! Y'all are the best! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter