Country Music Full/Half April 25th, 2009

I am getting cranked with all the chatter we've got going about this weekend!

Not sure about the concert yet. I don't want to pay for the entry for DH to the concert. We're not really big country music fans. I know it's not that expensive, I just am not sure we'll be making it with the long couple of days to get this together for me, driving and eventing and all.

I wonder who will be surrounding Dane as he gets it done this time. I'm sure he'll be able to do it. He's had a good amount of time with w/o and all.

:stitch: 'Ohana Monday Mixer :stitch:

And now for a bit of silliness, just because... :teeth: The mixer starts here.

This week's mixer theme is "Superpowers That Would Be More Trouble Than They're Worth," and your question:

What would be the superpower you would end up being granted?

Some examples:
  • The ability to tell the future, but only one minute ahead of time.
  • Super-strength, but only in your thumbs.
  • The ability to read the minds of people whose language you don't understand.
  • The ability to see through one layer of clothes.
  • Super breath, strong enough to knock down your opponents. Unfortunately, it's because you're smells like garlic and you always have that power.

Of course, your superpower is unique to you. So feel free to tell us what you would do with your power or why you got so lucky as to be given it. :rolleyes1 Bonus points--again, they're worth nothing--for telling us what superpowers you think other WISHers might get. (Keep it DIS-friendly, though, folks!)

Gee, maybe if Dane is at the back of the pack for the marathon, Patrick and I will be with him...:lmao: Or should we try to stay ahead of him so they can film the back of our shirts??? Oh see now we have a decision to make...:lmao::lmao:

We leave tomorrow and will be spending the rest of the week in Nashville. Getting it all warmed up for the rest of you. See you all Friday!!!!!!!!!

Gee, maybe if Dane is at the back of the pack for the marathon, Patrick and I will be with him...:lmao: Or should we try to stay ahead of him so they can film the back of our shirts??? Oh see now we have a decision to make...:lmao::lmao:

We leave tomorrow and will be spending the rest of the week in Nashville. Getting it all warmed up for the rest of you. See you all Friday!!!!!!!!!

I think that is a lesson Dane and his film crew need! I hope it goes well for him - nothing like a little added pressure.

I am getting cranked with all the chatter we've got going about this weekend!

Not sure about the concert yet. I don't want to pay for the entry for DH to the concert. We're not really big country music fans. I know it's not that expensive, I just am not sure we'll be making it with the long couple of days to get this together for me, driving and eventing and all.

Lily, the more I think about this, the more inclined I am to believe that John and I will be opting out of the concert also. I did 10 miles this weekend and was totally wiped. After doing 13.1, the Duck Tour and dinner at Jack's BBQ, I think we will be more than happy to return to the hotel and celebrate with a nice glass of wine. So, for all those that decide to forego the concert.....the party is in our room! (For at least as long as we can stay awake!) What this means is that we should probably have 2 extra tickets if anyone needs them.

It's getting close now. :cool1::banana::woohoo::yay:

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone down there!!!

Again, here is the list I have for Old Spaghetti Factory, for Friday night. If anything has changed, please let me know. I will PM everyone on the list mine & John's cell phone numbers just in case there are any last minute changes. John & I are planning on getting to OSF at 4:30. I think if everyone can get there by 4:45 that should be good, that way if they can seat us right at 5 when they open, we will all be there.

2 - Karen (kareneast) & John (Space Ranger)
2 – Jeanne (jeanneg) & John
2 – Pat (WDWFAN9) & Jim (jims2cool)
4 – Lisa (princessrunner) & family (tentative)
2 – Anne (maherae) & Robert
2 – Susie (escape) & Steve
2 – Lily (Tiger Lily 03) & Ted
2 – Frank (FireDancer) + 1
1 – Chester (rKyDeX)
4 – Sandi/Allie (aldisneygrl) & family
2 – Kathy (momoftwogirls) & Mike (Optimator)
2 – Cecilia (Cruella de mom) & DH

See you all in a few days! :yay:
SAFE TRAVELS!!!

Karen I'm not sure id I'll make it to the OSF dinner or not.

I'm meeting Lisa, (PrincessRunner), Liz, (TooFools) and Danno at the Expo then we will go from there. It all depends on when Liz and her hubby arrive, they are driving down and plan on arriving around 2:30 in Nashville.

I'll see y'all at the race though.

Country Panda:hippie:

Jeanne, we are not doing the concert either. DH does not like country music at all. We also have a 6:30 a.m. flight on Sunday morning so we won't be out late. Party in Jeannes room!!!

Karen I'm not sure id I'll make it to the OSF dinner or not.

I'm meeting Lisa, (PrincessRunner), Liz, (TooFools) and Danno at the Expo then we will go from there. It all depends on when Liz and her hubby arrive, they are driving down and plan on arriving around 2:30 in Nashville.

I'll see y'all at the race though.

Country Panda:hippie:

Hi Dave,

Glad we'll get to see you in Nashville! :thumbsup2 Is Erica doing the race too?

I'll put you guys down as maybe's. I'll PM you mine & John's cell phone numbers & if you can give us a call or text us by 4:30 to let us know if you will all be making it or not, that would be great. That way we will have an accurate count to give OSF when we get there. Thanks!

Will we meet at the race before it starts? If so, where?

I sure don't want to be left out of a party considering I'm gonna be shaking in my boots. party:

Also, has anyone downloaded the course to their Garmin? Do I need to do that? When I run I usually just watch my pace and my time. Didn't know if this is something I should do or not? :confused3

I'm getting excited. DD is showing some signs of improvement. I have taken so much Vitamin C and drunk a TON of OJ, to keep her germs at bay. :rolleyes1 So far, so good. :thumbsup2

Sandi: if you're taking the shuttle (I already reserved my tickets) you probably won't have a lot of time before we're supposed to get into our respective corrals......... I'm thinking just enough to use the porta potty one last time. You will most likely be able to spot the bright green WISH shirts in your corral and meet up with fellow team members. The corrals will probably be loose enough that you can work your way towards where everybody else is. We're in 26 with a few other WISHers. There are some more in 25 and 29 that I know of. If you really want to be with someone specific, you can always step back. Don't worry, the WISH people have a way of spotting one another (How can they miss with those shirts?!?) Once the race begins you will find someone to race with if that's what you like.

We won't be doing the Sat concert either so....Party in Jeanne's room!!

Karen - we likely will catch dinner somewhere else as I'm not really fond of OSF.

Any idea where everyone is meeting up before the race? Gotta get that still dark WISH pic.

Hey WISHers:cool1:,

For the Hampton Inn/Donelson Pikers - I have asked Hampton Inn to give WISHers rooms on the same floor. Of course there are no guarantees, but mention that you would like to be near Welch/WISH Racing Team when you check in, and keep your fingers crossed!

I will be at the race start very early, but if I don't see you before the race we will be hanging out afterwards for awhile anyway before we head back to our room to get cleaned up before the Duck Tour.

Remember that Saturday night we are meeting at Jack's BBQ downtown about 5PM. It's nothing fancy, counter-service I believe, but comes highly recommended. And we will be sporting our bling!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Pat: So I guess we will just hang out downtown after the duck tour, right? There probably won't be enough time to go back to the hotel and change before dinner. Shouldn't be a problem since it's casual.

Yes, Jeanne - the timing should work perfectly for finishing the tour and heading to Jack's and meeting up with those that didn't want to do the tour. Jim and I are heading to the airport soon. I'm hoping we have time later today to "visit" some of the places we will be going to so that we (Jim) has a good feel for the lay-of-the-land.

Can't wait to see everyone!!

I'll be at the Expo about 1 or 2 oclock and then be around all evening, hope to stumble accross some wishers for hugs.

Happy Panda:hippie:

I may have missed some of you in transit, but I wanted to WISH all of you the best of races. I know you'll have a great time with each other, and think I speak for many of us when I say bring back some photos and stories (that you can share)! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter