Country Music Full/Half April 25th, 2009

WDWFAN9

DIS Veteran
Hey Team! PLANS added below!! More meet info added
Awhile back there was a thread debating the merits of Nashville's Country Music event vs Ohio's Flying Pig. Well, a bunch of us have committed to Nashville and we'd love to see you all there for a mini-WISH meet!

The following will be in Nashville:

WDWFAN9 (Pat) and jims2cool (Jim) Hampton Inn/Donelson
Maherae (Anne) and DH Robert Hampton Inn/Donelson
escape (Susie) and nukeman (Steve) Hampton Inn/Donelson
Spaceranger (John) and kareneast (Karen) Hampton Inn/Donelson
Tiger Lily 03 (Lily) and DH Ted Hampton Inn/Donelson
CarolA
princessrunner (Lisa) Hampton Inn/Donelson
jeanneq (Jeanne) and DH John Hampton Inn/Donelson
twoWDWfools (Liz) and DH Patrick Hampton Inn/Donelson
momoftwogirls (Kathy) and Optimator (Mike) Hampton Inn/Donelson
msblrobs (Sara) Hampton Inn/Donelson
aldisneygrl (Allie) Hampton Inn/Donelson
FireDancer (Frank) Millennium Maxwell House
rKyDex (Chester)
cruella de mom (Cecilia) and DH

Who else??

Friday Plans

Meet at the Old Spaghetti Factory before they open at 5PM for some carb-loading - we don't need a definite answer ahead of time, we're just kind of winging it.

Saturday Plans

There is an afternoon Duck Tour of Nashville that we are planning to do - the 3:30 one, it lasts 50 minutes. If we register as a group of 10 or more the cost is $12.50 per person, booking individually it is $19.50 per person (tip not included). See www.nashvilleducktours.com for more info. If you want to be included in the group rate I need a definite answer by Feb 20th. Either post or PM me. I will hold your place with my credit card, so please don't say yes if you don't mean it.

Finally, some of us are planning on eating at Jack's Saturday night of the marathon after the duck tour and before the free concert (www.jacksbarbque.com). It's a bbq joint (like someplace that would be featured on the Food Network's 'Diners, Drive-ins and Dives') It is nothing fancy, but is supposed to have fabulous bbq type food. No reservations are needed so we will probably meet up in the Hampton Inn lobby that evening. I'll post more when we get closer to the date, but I just wanted to make sure everyone knew they were welcome to join in.

Me... Doing the half

Where's everyone staying?

Me... Doing the half

Where's everyone staying?

:thumbsup2 Cool. Some of us are staying at the Hampton Inn on Donelson Pike. And I think Liz and Patrick said something about Homewood Suites, but I'm not sure. Hopefully Liz will post a definite answer on that!!

Pat--I'm 99% sure that Krista and I will be there. Can't wait to see all of you!

Steve

Hey Pat! I was just going to start a thread and then I noticed you had already started one! :thumbsup2

I'd like to know where everyone is staying as well. Anyway you post that info by participant's name? If it's going to be more trouble than it's worth, don't bother with it.

I can't wait to see everyone there! I'm going to go to the orthopaedic surgeon this Thursday for my knee problem. Hopefully, he'll give me the "OK" to start training.

Ditto on the good luck wish with your knee. Sending some pixie dust your way!!!!

I did the CM 1/2 last year and it was a blast!! I may do it again, depending on cash flow, of course. I've been told by a good friend who's done both that it's one of the best 1/2's in the country but not a really good full.

If we go, we like the Homewood Suites at Brentwood. We've stayed there twice before and it was great.

Good luck recovering and training!

Thanks! :goodvibes It's been awfully sore lately. I've been told that this doctor is a runner and will do everything possible before recommending surgery. I'm just hoping that a little physical therapy and some good drugs will be all I need. ;)

Ed, you've gotta go! It's going to be a mini-WISH event! :cool1:

I will be doing the full (my first...:faint: ) and am traveling with my family (DH, DD14 and DS7). We are staying at the Millenium Maxwell House. The rates were not bad and apparently the race course goes right through the parking lot (in case I chicken out!!).

Can't wait to see everyone there!!! :hyper:

A few words of warning about the Maxwell House.
It's a very nice hotel. I have NO idea why they built it there. (Well at one point there was a this "outdoor" mall near there that went belly up)

There is very little near there and be careful. You will have to drive for pretty much everything unless things have changed in the past two years. You also aren't far from some of the "not so nice" neighborhoods of Nashville so try to stay on the main roads.

Nashville is a fairly safe city, but it is a decent size city with the normal issues.

We will probably stay in Brentwood. I used to live that way, most of my friends still do and I figure we can park at the HCA lots for the start.

I will be doing the full (my first...:faint: ) and am traveling with my family (DH, DD14 and DS7). We are staying at the Millenium Maxwell House. The rates were not bad and apparently the race course goes right through the parking lot (in case I chicken out!!).

Can't wait to see everyone there!!! :hyper:

:cool1: :cool1: I can't wait either:thumbsup2

I was thinking of surprising DH with this one, but airfare kills it for me (especially since I have to be at work on Monday and Friday...).

Have fun for us!

I was thinking of surprising DH with this one, but airfare kills it for me (especially since I have to be at work on Monday and Friday...).

Have fun for us!

We'll keep our fingers crossed for a great DING! Keep watching, you never know.....pixiedust: pixiedust:

Thanks Pat for starting the thread! :thumbsup2 It looks like we will have a nice size group there & hopefully more will join in. :cool1:

Like Pat listed, we will be staying at the Hampton Inn near the airport on Donelson Pike. John talked to someone there at the beginning of December that said if anyone calls her direct she will give them the rate of $99 per night for Friday & Saturday - $132.50 for other nights (plus taxes of course). I don't want to post her name & phone number on a public forum, so just PM me & I will PM you back her info.

I'm going to go to the orthopaedic surgeon this Thursday for my knee problem. Hopefully, he'll give me the "OK" to start training.

Good luck with the ortho, Susie. Sending lots of pixiedust: that it is something minor with your knee.

We're in also!!!!! I made our hotel ressie today for the Hampton Inn on Donelson Pike. If you have a AAA or AARP # the rate was $99 plus tax (completely refundable). We opted for the nonrefundable online rate of $84.10 (no code required) Seems like a great deal since HI always has a nice hot FREE breakfast. We're staying Friday and Saturday nights and are looking forward to partying.

I haven't signed up for the race yet, but will do so this week. (Waiting for my credit card to close for the month!) I noticed they place you in corrals based on your time. If you don't mind me asking, what did you guys put down? It would be nice to be together at the start.

I'm so looking forward to this!

Okay, you talked me into it. I used my AAA and switched to the Hampton Inn. Can I hop a ride with someone on race morning so the family does not have to get up too early???? Please.....:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter