Contemporary DVC

yes but remember disers have reported they are working on this NOW. not in 2008 when the plans say they will start.

I don't think anyone has "produced plans saying it was supposed to start in '08 (well, anyone official). Those were guesstimations. They're saying Kidani will be "opening in '09". That's what we know. We also know 70% of construction on a given unit needs to be complete before they can sell it.

And what they're doing now is site prep....you can see the pics. There's still a LOT of work to be done before vertical construction can begin....heck, the parking structure will likely have to be one concrete structure, so I'd actually expect that to need to be completed before ANY of the "villa" units can be started. I think it's pretty safe to assume it will be a year or so before any of those units can be sold....but we'll have to wait and see.

we are heading home right now - typing this as DH drives us westward on I-10. When we were at Chef Mickeys last week I stopped by the DVC desk and said "contemporary dvc???"

the guide said "I am not supposed to see anything." To that I replied "if it does happen it would mean an add on for us.""

He smiled and said, "start saving your money."

Interesting thought: Build the towers as hotel/suites. Once open tear down the current contemp and rebuild something else.

That's interesting. With the "rumored" C shape for the new North Tower, I've had this strange inkling about the circular shape of three new buildings in a certain triangular configuration.:mickeyjum

If I could figure out how they could make the monorail go through it in a neat configuration, I'd be sure of it.

It would be very expensive to build, and well I've thought the idea was so outlandish, that I've kept it to myself for quite some time.

Think about it...A hotel/DVC or whatever shaped like a hidden Mickey. What an icon!

because Disney has say nothing. The people working there aren't really there....:rotfl: Someone called the construction company and they say they aren't working at Disney....

Yep... like an Ostrich with it's head in the sand.... they can't see me (us).

Yes...I called to add hoppers on late this afternoon, their system was slow so he bagan small talk. i told him we would be doing the DVC tour etc...and he said..."Oh they are building over at AKL and CR is next...." Okayyyyyyyyyy....thank you CM:)
Just thought I would share:)
So you think we will get a great deal over Labor day when we go for SSR?!:rolleyes1

That's interesting. With the "rumored" C shape for the new North Tower, I've had this strange inkling about the circular shape of three new buildings in a certain triangular configuration.
I've been pulling my hair out trying to find a picture ever since I read your post. I know I've seen an artist's rendering somewhere of this very thing. I just can't find it.

It was three circular buildings clustered together. The tops of all three buildings were cut off at a 45 degree angle, with the building in the front shorter than the other two. It wasn't a "hidden" Mickey that you'd only be able to see from a plane. It was a very obvious Mickey-shaped hotel, even when viewed from ground level.

Maybe I didn't see it online. Maybe it's in one the imagineering books I have at home -- one of the original designs that never got built.

I'm on a quest, now. I will find that picture...

I'd love to see that picture!

We're definitely in if CRV is a go! I agree with those who say if it were something other than CRV Disney wouldn't be so secretive about it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!:thumbsup2

I'm wondering. I don't know how DVC pre-sales work.

'If' this building is CRV, does anyone have any idea of when they would start selling it?

I read somewhere that 70% must be done before they start selling? Is that correct?

Just trying to figure out how long I have to save my money! ;)

we are heading home right now - typing this as DH drives us westward on I-10. When we were at Chef Mickeys last week I stopped by the DVC desk and said "contemporary dvc???"

the guide said "I am not supposed to see anything." To that I replied "if it does happen it would mean an add on for us.""

He smiled and said, "start saving your money."
:banana: we'll be heading home ourselves to WL on Saturday:yay:

Have dinner planned @ CA Grill mid-week; hope they'll let us up on the observation deck before dinner so i can snap a few pics.

Will hunt down the DVC rep & see if i get the same spiel.;)

We just returned from WDW on Tuesday. Sunday, we met with our DVC rep and he said quote
"you know the Contemporary is the next DVC. Once that sells out I will retire." Of course we asked him to be cautious and turn us over to someone who will "take care of us".

He also stated that many people are waiting for the Contemporary to join
DVC since so many families want to be at a resort on the monorail. The reason AKV was made DVC was due to a slump and not many wanting to stay so far, far away from everything.

I already warned him to make sure I am not home when he calls (since this will be our 7th resort). Actually, I'm kind of excited and this will probably be one of the only resort add on's that I'm looking forward to and not going into kicking and screaming.
:yay: :woohoo: :cool1: :cheer2: :banana: :dancer: party: :jumping1:

I've been pulling my hair out trying to find a picture ever since I read your post. I know I've seen an artist's rendering somewhere of this very thing. I just can't find it.

It was three circular buildings clustered together. The tops of all three buildings were cut off at a 45 degree angle, with the building in the front shorter than the other two. It wasn't a "hidden" Mickey that you'd only be able to see from a plane. It was a very obvious Mickey-shaped hotel, even when viewed from ground level.

Maybe I didn't see it online. Maybe it's in one the imagineering books I have at home -- one of the original designs that never got built.

look at my signature.

here is a link
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1471133

If/when CRV presales DO become a reality, how much info does Disney give you ahead of time about the resort - ie. points charts, room lay-outs, decor, pools, other amenities?? I know many would buy regardless of any pre-purchase info, but I was just wondering. . .

TIA

Ellen

akv was an exception. Which may be why they are saying nothing about CRV at this time.

with the BCV and VWL - they announced it by sending us a mailing - it contains the point chart, artist rendering, layout, etc.

dvc members generally get a month (sometimes 6) when they are the only ones who can buy at the new resort.

Until now I think BCV was their quickest sell out. So I am expecting CR to be about the same. CR is a whole bunch bigger than BCV - but there are more DVCers to spread the word.

Found it! It was in one the imagineering books I have. John Hench: Designing Disney.

MickeyHotel.jpg

According to the caption under the picture in the book, these are concept drawings for a Mickey Mouse Hotel that was never built. Unfortunately, there aren't any other details.

If/when CRV presales DO become a reality, how much info does Disney give you ahead of time about the resort - ie. points charts, room lay-outs, decor, pools, other amenities?? I know many would buy regardless of any pre-purchase info, but I was just wondering. . .

TIA

Ellen

In the case of AKV, when points first went on sale the only items from your list above that were available were the point charts and amenity descriptions. They also released 3 pieces of concept artwork (none of them showing guest rooms) and a brief press release.

In all my years of following DVC, I've never been more disappointed with their marketing tactics than I was with AKV. Points first went on sale around February 1st to current DVC members. With that initial offering they included the added incentive of making the first buyers "Founding Members" (or some similar designation) and will list the names of those owners on a tapestry that will hang in the lobby.

The catch was that in order to be listed on the Tapestry, you had to buy by a certain date. I think it was February 28th. My complaint is that it wasn't until AFTER 2/28 that DVC actually released room floorplans, opened the model rooms and provided other critical details about the property.

I hope there aren't owners at AKV who think I am being critical of them for buying without knowing these sorts of details. That's not the case. I just think the timing of the whole thing was sleazy on DVC's part. If they weren't ready to start selling on 2/1, they should have waited until 3/1. Instead they put this tapestry thing out there to compensate for a poorly-implemented sales roll-out. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter