Contemporary DVC

It is not "slated" to open at all. Not even tentatively. Nothing to indicate that it will even be DVC at this point. :confused3

If it is DVC, my guess is we are looking at 2010 or later for it to open. Been wrong before with many of my guesses though. ;)

This is still in the rumor stage.

Obviously they are building something to replace the North wing. Lots of speculation that it will be DVC--but absolutely nothing official.

This is still in the rumor stage.

Obviously, they are building something to replace the wing. Lots of speculation that it will be DVC--but absolutely nothing official.

IMHO.... CRV is a resort beginning to happen... I just can't see anything else happening there. I guess it is possible that Disney could just add on to the CR, but I don't think so. All this being said... I think the CRV resort is beginning to be built (IMHO) and I think 3-4 years is likely to be the build-out date.

If you really, really want to own at CRV... then be patient... I am sure it is happening. Again just my humble opinion.

I too hope that the Contempory becomes a DVC reality. :banana: :cheer2:

I am sure it's happening - it's just a matter of the timing on Disney's part before they announce it... I'm sure they have more than one row of ducks they're lining up first! It's just a matter of time...my guess would be sometime this year. Maybe when they're ready to wrap up sales at SSR...

I've allowed myself to be convinced, too. Now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the point price and points-per-night aren't unreal. I think this is going to be one where a home-resort advantage is a must-have. Hopefully an add-on that can be used for a stay every third year won't be cost restrictive.

the green person - say annoucement Jan, 2008.

someone else say - Cal DVC in Sept?

Pop finished - Aug annoucement?

the CRV is looking better and better. Why? because Disney has say nothing. The people working there aren't really there....:rotfl: Someone called the construction company and they say they aren't working at Disney....

Disney likes to annouce things. So no mention of CR suites - makes me think it will definitely be CRV.

if it was going to be anything else - Disney would have say by this time.

I personally believe it will be DVC as well. Nothing has been announced yet.

Maybe the POP rooms will be DVC too. :)

Interesting thought: Build the towers as hotel/suites. Once open tear down the current contemp and rebuild something else.

Interesting thought: Build the towers as hotel/suites. Once open tear down the current contemp and rebuild something else.

disney would have say so by this time.

besides tearing down the CR that is around the monrail. I don't think that is even possible. at least without damaging the monrail. it cost way, way too much to replace the monrail so I can't this happening any time soon.

I like the main building - the mural, the shape of it, the monorail running through it. You can update the building without tearing it down (and they are).

The CM we spoke to at the models at SSR last month said "hypothetically" if CRV were to open, keep in mind that AKV won't open until 2009 (the new building), so it takes that long to do these things. I have to think 2009+....just my guess. Of course, who knows for sure what they are doing there, but I have to think CRV!!!!!

The CM we spoke to at the models at SSR last month said "hypothetically" if CRV were to open, keep in mind that AKV won't open until 2009 (the new building), so it takes that long to do these things. I have to think 2009+....just my guess. Of course, who knows for sure what they are doing there, but I have to think CRV!!!!!

With AKV selling way faster then anticipated DVC may need to announce something pretty soon since they may have nothing to sell pretty soon. I wonder if the CA DVC will be next if only to give the guides something to sell.

With AKV selling way faster then anticipated DVC may need to announce something pretty soon since they may have nothing to sell pretty soon. I wonder if the CA DVC will be next if only to give the guides something to sell.

They'll be OK...they just may be without units to sell for a bit while Kidani gets built out. Remember, they can't sell those Kidani units until approx 70% of the construction on them is done, so......they might sell out of the Jambo units, but they'll be OK for awhile.

They'll be OK...they just may be without units to sell for a bit while Kidani gets built out. Remember, they can't sell those Kidani units until approx 70% of the construction on them is done, so......they might sell out of the Jambo units, but they'll be OK for awhile.

look at the design. I bet the building will go up one building at a time - then DVC can sell that building. and the construction moves on to the next link building.

the whole resort will not be build at once.

with CRV they have no choice the entire building will go up.

anyone here seem the CRV model - they are surpose to be in the same area that the AKV models are.

look at the design. I bet the building will go up one building at a time - then DVC can sell that building. and the construction moves on to the next link building.

I think you're right, but I think I am too. :) Since the first phase isn't due to open til sometime in '09...I don't see them being able to sell those units til sometime in mid to late '08.

Remember, that even to put up ONE building/section they have to have some stuff done for the WHOLE resort: the lobby, likely the pool, all the water, sewer, electrical, and utility infrastructure, etc.

yes but remember disers have reported they are working on this NOW. not in 2008 when the plans say they will start.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter