Commandos!!!!!

This is our yellow ceiling.

paint.jpg

I like it! You shoulda seen me doing my ceilings last year. I think I wound up with more paint on me then I did on the ceiling.....

Okay, going forward with the orange......please keep your fingers crossed! This should end up looking like a groovy coffee shop....LOL

And DH did pretty good at keeping the paint on the ceiling last night......but if it was me.....I would have been covered from head to toe! :rolleyes:

Tia, I love the bathroom! That is great! I would have to work around a pale blue color. That's the color of the little squares in my floor tile and the color of the sink and counter. I'm sure I could come up with something. I had a friend who was going to make her son's bathroom Mickey and she had purchased a Mickey shaped sink, faucets, and mirror. Then, her DH wouldn't let her do it. (they're cabinet/kitchen/bathroom contractors) I really wanted to buy the stuff from her, but Bill thought I was nuts! Our sink and counter are all one piece of onyx. So, we'd have to destroy the counter to put a Mickey sink in. Ok, I guess I see the point. I love the yellow ceiling and can't wait to see the walls! Good luck!

:earseek: Wow! What a great look! From the way you describe it, it should be awful , all those bright colors, but it looks awesome!!!

I love how bright colors are out.

We are in the middle of turning our garage into additional house space. 4 months later, we are almost done. We are going with (not quite so bright) but for beige old me, some different colors. Love it!!

(Tia, love the light house. I just redid the bathroom in lighthouses. Reminds me of Old Saybrook on the shore)

Steve, you have to post your red walls! That must be great.

Okay, when we meet, people need to bring pictures! Definately need to see pictures of the kids (4 legged too!)

And doggies give good kisses. I don't have any slobbery dogs now. (But i do have a weird cat who drools. What's up with that):confused:

Oh, Tia, what lucky kiddies you have. I really like the bathroom! What fun!!
The ceiling looks great! I'm anxious to see pictures once the wall(s) are done!
My DH would never agree to a yellow ceiling:mad: ,but I really like it so far!
Is the ceiling in your kitchen 9 ft? It is definitely looking good!!

Steve, please DO post some pictures of your red walls. I'm very interested in the
patterns on glaze!

Well, in defense:rolleyes: of my DH, beige is restful:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .

Corinne

I'll try to post them tomorrow, after I figure out what's going on (or not going on) with my website. I've got three rooms that I used the glazing technique on. My favorite is the bedroom.

It sounds great Steve. :D :bounce: Can't wait to see! Are all the rooms red, or just one? Did you use the same technique?

:wave: Hi everyone. :wave:

I missed being online tonight. :( Gotta get this kitchen painted though. ;)

Jody, my mom gave me those little lighthouse lamps.....and I don't really have a lighthouse theme anywhere, but I bet a bathroom would be a cute idea. They remind ME of the Oregon Coast. :sunny:

And LOL Corinne....my DH started to put up a fuss, then he said; "just tell me where you want me to paint" LOL Beige is very soothing.....I've had many beige and soothing homes.....it's time to jazz this place up a bit!!! :bounce: ;)

Can't wait to see your red rooms Steve. Sounds very exciting! :) :) :)

And yes, they're 9' ceilings downstairs and 8' upstairs.

Already had to take the 'orange' back and get a darker color......it came out Salom on the walls..........YUCK! BLUCK! ICKY!

I'll take a picture tomorrow if we actually get paint up on the walls....LOL :D

The pictures are up on the "Anyone who mentions the word" message, I think on page 4. I used the glazing technique in the bathroom (red), Bandit's room (blue) and my bedroom (brown)....all with varying degrees of success...on one or two walls. Then painted the other walls and the ceiling with complementary colors. It took my two weeks to do the whole interior of the house. Next time, I hire somebody.

Oh no...I took my first baby commando steps...I actually ordered tickets for MVMCP. Now I'm working on what places I want PS for. See what you guys have done to me....I used to be a wing it kind of girl. :D

I think the problem is that we have so many things we can and want to do in a limited amount of time. I don't want to miss any convention activites, if I can help it. So, in order to do that, we need a schedule or ITINERARY! :eek: As for the things we're doing before and after the actual convention, they require a minimum of planning: PS's, tickets, things like that. After this trip, we can all go back to our old ways.:D
Steve, the walls look great! I love the fact that there's actual real colors on the walls instead of "beige", off white, "french vanilla". I am impressed!
Tia, can't wait to see the finished project. The ceiling looks great!
You guys are inspiring me. I have Little Mermaid wall decorations that are just waiting to be put up in my bathroom. We have a garden tub that would excellent with the Little Mermaid surrounding it! That may be my fall project!

Barb, you just gave me an idea......my DH LOVES The Little Mermaid movie ( I tease him about having a crush on Ariel and always looking at her 'seashells' LOL), and I think I could see Little Mermaid theme in our master bath.......I'll have to run that by him! :)

Steve, your walls look beautiful! Very masculine look to them! It's amazing how dang long it takes to paint, doesn't it? I feel the same way.......if we could afford it, I'd call someone right now! Afterall, professionals have the technique and THE PROPER TOOLS! :rolleyes: We're definitely going to have to have someone do our entry way because it's 2 stories high, so 'scaffolding' will be required! :eek: Let me see if the camera is charged and I'll take a picture of the orange half of the room......I LOVE IT! The red color that I chose is too 'pinky', so I'm heading back to Home Depot for Redder Red.....going for Chinese Dragon this time....hang onto your hats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

Thanks everyone for your nice toughts and words of encouragement......this is truely laboring! LOL :D

This is our eating nook...open to and attached to the kitchen area.

paint2.jpg

Hey Barb,

A garden tub?? I WANT ONE!

Now all I have to get is a garden......

Love those big bold colors in your room Tia! And thanks for the compliments guys!

Tia, Wow! Those colors are great! You have to post pictures when you are completed! (And I still see those light houses!)

Can't wait to se what you put on the walls!

I'll have to buy new stuff for the walls now! :D ((shhhh, don't tell DH yet. ;) )) No really, my old stuff is blue......and I'm tired of it. :rolleyes:

I foresee a yard sale......with lots of wonderful nic-nacs.......then I foresee a shopping spree......shopping for 'fruity-colored' nic-nacs..........and some green silk plants, and some bright beautiful silk flowers (for Spring and Summer...not sure what to do about Fall and Winter...LOL).

Thanks guys. :)

I love it Tia!!!

My sofas in my family room are a bright red with yellow ,green, and blue bright flowers. In our townhouse I was very boring with all beiges and whites. I am getting daring now. No resale in my future!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter