Come on Estoppel!!!!

Our title company is First American Title. We got the email in the evening with the PDFs attached, prepaid Fedex label and it was easy peasy. Returned with cashier's check the very next day.

Last edited:
My deed is recorded!! As of this morning, have I heard from the closing company? No, but now I know to when to attempt to call Disney. One step closer to my BLT points.

Finally Completed

My timeline for my SSR 300 UY March point purchase

Offer made: 4/6
Accepted: 4/8
Passed ROFR: 5/2
Closing docs received after Estoppel:5/26
Closed 6/14
Deed Recoreded 6/16
Points Loaded and on site 6/27/2017

I called on 6/26 and got my membership# and club ID# from member administration. They told me to call back on the 27th to get my activation code to set up my on line account. My points were already loaded when I logged on. It was a long process but I can start planning now. On to some of the other boards. 82 days from start to finish.

Hi,

Just wondering what option you selected when calling. I called and went to member administration (#3) and then the option for other inquiries (#4). The person I got on the phone (once she knew I was resale) refused to give me any information, was not very pleasant and told me that it would be 4-6 weeks.

Hi,

Just wondering what option you selected when calling. I called and went to member administration (#3) and then the option for other inquiries (#4). The person I got on the phone (once she knew I was resale) refused to give me any information, was not very pleasant and told me that it would be 4-6 weeks.

ok so called again, this time called 800-800-9800, then option #3 for member acct, then selected #1, then #1 again. Got a super nice woman who gave me my membership number within 10 seconds. She then transferred me to another area to get the activation code.

ok so called again, this time called 800-800-9800, then option #3 for member acct, then selected #1, then #1 again. Got a super nice woman who gave me my membership number within 10 seconds. She then transferred me to another area to get the activation code.

ok, so YAY! I have been able to get in, set-up, and even book a few things! of course, I called them multiple times to ask questions! (they were very nice and helpful each time)

Got my paperwork via email yesterday. Mailed out today. Can anyone tell me what the next step is? I bought direct last time so this is all new to me.

Got my paperwork via email yesterday. Mailed out today. Can anyone tell me what the next step is? I bought direct last time so this is all new to me.
They will go to closing once sellers get their docs in. The broker should let you know when it closes and then it goes back to Disney to transfer from sellers to you. So about another month and you should have your points.

DVC Resale Market and Magic Vacation Title.

same, pretty much 30 days from offer. Kinda upset at Magic Title, sheet said "no paperwork needs notary services", turns out some paperwork did need it (for monera and florida). Wasn't very clear.

On the other hand we have the slowest contract sale in history!
Offer accepted 3/23
Passed ROFR 4/14
Closing documents received 5/19
Still haven't received funds from our closing!

Getting impatient!

Well here we are in July and we still do not have our funds from our sale. I think we are breaking the record for the slowest sale in history. I would definitely not recommend using Duncan title!

Well here we are in July and we still do not have our funds from our sale. I think we are breaking the record for the slowest sale in history. I would definitely not recommend using Duncan title!

Wow I'd be calling your broker

Home: Boulder Ridge 120 points
Offer made/accepted: 5/18/2017
Contract out for ROFR: 6/2/2017
Passed ROFR: 6/13/2017
Closing Documents received: 7/3/17 (of course at end of business day right before a holiday!)
Closing Docs and Check in mail: 7/5/2017
Waiting for Sellers Closing Docs...
Using Fidelity and First American Title

Updated timeline. Estoppel took almost 3 weeks to the day, so not too bad. This seller was slow in turning in the original contract, hopefully a bit faster in returning the closing documents. So once again we hurry up and wait!

You have a very similar time line to me (BWV though). Our offer was on 5/18 and took 2 weeks to go to ROFR too (Using Fidelity and First American too) What was the cause for your delay? Our closing docs were sent back on Friday and I'm hoping our seller doesn't take as long like the initial offer to send back the contract.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter