Closing Time!

Oh...so I'm dumb and didn't realize everything wasn't done online. So when we receive closing docs is that via real mail or email? Then we have to take them to a notary and mail them back? Do you have to mail them a special way so they are safe or what?
We do everything online for ours as we're in the UK :) The thing that takes the longest for us is wiring the money, as it has to be exchanged from GBP to USD and that normally takes 3 days!

I've noticed that some people receive and return their closing docs the same day while others have a gap of days or weeks. Is there a reason for this or is it just a personal thing?
I wondered the same thing, but we are also paying with a cashiers check (not financing) so we got the docs Saturday but need to wait tomorrow for the bank. It’s also my 60+ year old parents who are paying and signing so it took like 45 minutes just to explain to them how to open and print the documents ;)

It's Mason title. Not sure what they use so I guess we'll see.
Mason Title for AKV was super easy. Just Docusign and wire money.

First American Title for AUL was more involved. For some reason, it would take an extra week to get some of the documents via Docusign so they suggested we print, sign and return. We also had more documents that needed to be printed and signed as well the one that needed to notarized.

Mason Title has been AMAZING! Those who have been waiting a long time for closing docs are using the other title companies. Mason appears to consistently be the quicker option :) Cammy truly is awesome.
Even Mason Title can't overcome a slow response from a seller.
I'm using Mason for the first time, and I turned around our closing docs. in one day
(including notary, as our bank provides it free, even though it wasn't a requirement).
But, the seller has not returned theirs, and its been more than 2 weeks..........
So, regardless of the Title Company, there are other factors contributing to the process duration.
I had hopes of using my new points for a Feb 2024 ressie. right at 11Mo., but now that's not going to happen

Third update! Let's hope the sellers are as anxious to close this as we are!!

Home Resort: BWV
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 2/9
Offer accepted: 2/9
Sent to ROFR: 2/10
Passed ROFR: 2/24 (14 days)
Estoppel Issued: 2/24
Closing docs received: 3/11 (15 days)
Buyer Closing docs returned: 3/13 (2 days)
Seller Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Oh...so I'm dumb and didn't realize everything wasn't done online. So when we receive closing docs is that via real mail or email? Then we have to take them to a notary and mail them back? Do you have to mail them a special way so they are safe or what?
I am a buyer but did take a loan so i needed to get the closing doc notarized. Received closing docs 3/7. Went to the bank 3/8 after work and got them notarized and then ran to UPS and overnighted it on 3/9. My closing date is 3/16.

I am a buyer but did take a loan so i needed to get the closing doc notarized. Received closing docs 3/7. Went to the bank 3/8 after work and got them notarized and then ran to UPS and overnighted it on 3/9. My closing date is 3/16.
thank you! we just dropped off our envelope to fedex today! i'm hoping the incoming storm over here on the east coast doesn't delay anything, but glad to see your closing date won't be too far away!

Home Resort: SSR
Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com
Offer made: 1/30/2023
Offer accepted: 1/31/2023
Sent to ROFR: 2/02/2023
Passed ROFR: 2/20/2023
Closing docs received: 3/03/2023
Closing docs returned: 3/08/2023 (Buyer)
Funds wired: 3/08/2023
Closing: 3/13/2023
Deed recorded: 3/14/2023
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Last edited:
Even Mason Title can't overcome a slow response from a seller.
I'm using Mason for the first time, and I turned around our closing docs. in one day
(including notary, as our bank provides it free, even though it wasn't a requirement).
But, the seller has not returned theirs, and its been more than 2 weeks..........
So, regardless of the Title Company, there are other factors contributing to the process duration.
I had hopes of using my new points for a Feb 2024 ressie. right at 11Mo., but now that's not going to happen
WOW - Now I have more information, and it's not flattering for Mason Title https://www.masontitle.com/
I had inquired 3 times, since returning my documents, and was told that they were still waiting for the sellers' signatures. Today I called again, still unable to speak directly with Cammy, but her processor talked to me, and said she would reach out to the sellers again. She called back within 10 minutes to tell me that she spoke with the seller, and that the seller had not received any of the emails from Mason. Apparently an error (typo) in the email address?? This could have/should have been resolved after my first 2 inquiries, had they bothered to call the seller at that point.
Net result - my first contract with Mason & Cammy has not gone nearly as smoothly as my previous 3 contracts with First American https://www.firstam.com/
I guess I'm just lucky that way o_O

Unlike last year, when we waited 21 days for the seller to return his closing docs, this time the seller was just as anxious as we are!

Our agent said the closing could be either today or tomorrow!

Home Resort: BWV
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Offer made: 2/9
Offer accepted: 2/9
Sent to ROFR: 2/10
Passed ROFR: 2/24 (14 days)
Estoppel Issued: 2/24
Closing docs received: 3/11 (15 days)
Buyer Closing docs returned: 3/13 (2 days)
Seller Closing docs returned: 3/13 (2 days
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Home Resort: Saratoga Springs
Broker: www.dvcbyresale.com
Title Company: Jeffrey Sweet
Offer made: 3/6/23
Offer accepted: 3/7/23
Sent to ROFR: 3/7/23
Passed ROFR: 3/13/23
Closing docs received: 3/13/23 (SAME DAY!)
Closing docs returned: 3/13/23
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:
That is an amazing turnaround! Fastest I've noticed, keep it moving...

Update !

Home Resort: Vero Beach
Broker: www.dvcresaleexperts.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 1/5/23
Offer accepted: 1/6/23
Sent to ROFR: 1/8/23
Passed ROFR: 1/25 ( 17 days)
Closing docs received: 1/30/23
Buyer Closing docs returned: 2/23/23
Funds wired: 2/24/2023
Closing: 2/27/23
Contract Showing on Membership ( New member): 3/6/23
Points in account: 3/7/23
Dang that's fast! MA told me it could take much longer than that to receive my info. How did you receive your new membership ID and stuff? Email?

Home Resort: Saratoga Springs
Broker: www.dvcbyresale.com
Title Company: Jeffrey Sweet
Offer made: 3/6/23
Offer accepted: 3/7/23
Sent to ROFR: 3/7/23
Passed ROFR: 3/13/23
Closing docs received: 3/13/23 (SAME DAY!)
Closing docs returned: 3/13/23
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:
wow, that's amazing! you'll have those points in no time! congrats!

Just received my closing docs today being taken care of by Marcelo. 1 week it took.
Oh no! Marcelo is doing ours, too. We just passed ROFR yesterday and I kept hearing that Cammy from Mason only took a day or two so I have been watching my e-mails all day. Did they come by e-mail?

Home Resort: Boulder Ridge
Broker: Fidelity
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 1/30
Offer accepted: 1/30
Sent to ROFR: 2/2
Passed ROFR:2/21
Closing docs received: 3/3
Closing docs returned: 3/3
Closing: ????
Deed recorded: 3/14
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter