Closing Time!

Title agent said we closed this morning and should have email confirmation soon...

Home Resort: BWV
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 2/9
Offer accepted: 2/9
Sent to ROFR: 2/10
Passed ROFR: 2/24 (14 days)
Estoppel Issued: 2/24
Closing docs received: 3/11 (15 days)
Buyer Closing docs returned: 3/13 (2 days)
Seller Closing docs returned: 3/13 (2 days)
Closing: 3/15 (2 days)
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

So this is fun. I called Mason this morning to confirm the wiring info from my closing docs was all correct. And everything she told me on the phone matched. And then I went into my Chase account to set up the wire, and when I put in the numbers I have it brings up/auto-fills a different address (different city) for the bank. Soooooo, yeah. I've emailed them about this.
That's what happens with that bank. The "auto-fill" branch that Chase has in their database (I assume it's the main branch) is a different physical address from the one Mason uses (local branch?). The account numbers and routing are all good. It's happened to me on 5 different contracts.

But, as many will say (and I agree), best to not take my random word and reach out to them. Just letting you know it's not shenanigans.

That's what happens with that bank. The "auto-fill" branch that Chase has in their database (I assume it's the main branch) is a different physical address from the one Mason uses (local branch?). The account numbers and routing are all good. It's happened to me on 5 different contracts.

But, as many will say (and I agree), best to not take my random word and reach out to them. Just letting you know it's not shenanigans.
I'm massively overthinking this. But since you have Chase experience....

Recipient's address should be the office address? And not the bank address/address from the wiring instructions. UUUUGH! The transmission in my car is out, I won't get it back until next week, or I'd just have gone in to a branch to do this.

I'm massively overthinking this. But since you have Chase experience....

Recipient's address should be the office address? And not the bank address/address from the wiring instructions. UUUUGH! The transmission in my car is out, I won't get it back until next week, or I'd just have gone in to a branch to do this.
The bank address is what is auto-filling (your original concern). The next screen is Mason's (MTI's) address from that sheet you received from them in your document packet.

But again, PLEASE don't rely on my information. I just didn't want to ignore your question, but this is a significant transaction and you should verify the information in the form through either Chase or Mason.

chasehelp.jpg

Last edited:
So this is fun. I called Mason this morning to confirm the wiring info from my closing docs was all correct. And everything she told me on the phone matched. And then I went into my Chase account to set up the wire, and when I put in the numbers I have it brings up/auto-fills a different address (different city) for the bank. Soooooo, yeah. I've emailed them about this.

And they've already emailed me back to say that it's fine, as long as the account numbers match?

Please, someone else tell me that this has happened.
The numbers are probably the most important piece. You’re probably fine

Exactly. It's just like walking into a different branch of your bank to make a deposit. As I said upthread, my guess (and I've had I think 5 with Mason now) is that the branch that auto-fills on the Chase website is the main branch, and the address in the Mason docs is their local branch. The ABA/Swift codes will be the same.

The bank address is what is auto-filling (your original concern). The next screen is Mason's (MTI's) address from that sheet you received from them in your document packet.

But again, PLEASE don't rely on my information. I just didn't want to ignore your question, but this is a significant transaction and you should verify the information in the form through either Chase or Mason.

View attachment 746439
I completely understand the disclaimer. Nothing could possibly be worse than trying to help a stranger on the internet, and them still screwing it up. I have, most definitely, emailed my escrow agent. Again.

I can't stand having absolutely no idea what I'm looking for, and parts of the whole resale process have definitely been that very thing.

Yes. The escrow agent very quickly responded to that email. Just one of those things that made someone who is brand new to this process panic just a little bit.

We closed on 3/6... deed recorded 3/7... still no member emails unlike some others who had them fairly quickly on here :(

I had found a post here on another thread with an email that people had success reaching out to for club ID and member ID - emailed but I only received an auto response and then a few hours later got an email from my broker reminding me that it can take Disney 30 days to complete ownership transfer...

ETA... of course... Just received my activation email! now I just need my club ID.

Last edited:
We closed on 3/6... deed recorded 3/7... still no member emails unlike some others who had them fairly quickly on here :(

I had found a post here on another thread with an email that people had success reaching out to for club ID and member ID - emailed but I only received an auto response and then a few hours later got an email from my broker reminding me that it can take Disney 30 days to complete ownership transfer...
In the same boat as you! Closed 3/7... the wait is killing me. :blush:

Home Resort: AKL
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Title: Mason Title & Escrow Company
Offer made: 2/11/2023
Offer accepted: 2/11/2023
Sent to ROFR: 2/15/2023
Passed ROFR: 2/27/2023
Closing docs received: 2/28/2023
Closing docs returned: 3/1/2023
Closing: 3/15/2023
Deed recorded: 3/15/2023
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

I have nothing but good things to say about my first purchase with Cindy Kane at Fidelity. It was my first ever offer, sent it in on a Friday night, got email and phone call from her on the Saturday morning. Settled on a price that day after some back and forth throughout the day. When it passed rofr I got a text message from her that day letting me know. Closing docs the next day from mason, then I’d returned and wired money when 4 days later got a form email from Evy telling me they were still waiting on rofr. Not so impressed with that. When I emailed to tell her what she should already know two more form emails quickly followed, one letting me know I’d passed and one telling me mason title would be contacting me..lol. This has all gone so much faster than I’ve expected. Can’t wait to book my trip once I get the final piece of the puzzle.

Home Resort: AUL
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Title: First American
Offer made: 12/30/2022
Offer accepted: 1/2/2023
Sent to ROFR: 1/17/2023
Passed ROFR: 2/7/23 (22 days)
Estoppel received: 2/7/23
Closing docs received: 2/23
Closing docs returned: 2/26
Seller returned closing docs: 3/3
Closing: 3/15
Deed recorded: 3/15
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Anyone else having a long time to close after all documents and money in? This has been the most drawn out process I have had with closing with Mason. I passed ROFR on 2/16, did receive closing documents that day and returned them. Seller did not return for awhile. I contacted Cammie and on Monday2/27 was told seller documents were on the way and would close the next week. I had asked to be notified when seller documents received and would wire the money. On Tuesday 3/7 contacted Cammie again if they had received seller documents and was told I could wire the money and would close 3/14. This was a little abnormal as my experience has been with Mason that they close as soon as all documents and money received. Received notice on 3/7 that evening that money received. Contact again today since had not received closing notification and was told closing changed to 3/17. No explanation given.
I guess they are just being over whelmed with all the passings of ROFR now. The kind of goes along with E2M2 experience with Mason and Cammie now.
We were also told ready to close with Mason - but given a closing date 5 days away. My last escrow with them was the same, told ready to close, but given a date about 5 days forward. I have yet to get anyone to put the phrase "sellers documents received" in an email back to me lol. Last one Did close on that date (substantially sooner than in the original signed contract), deed recorded a day later, email from DVD about 4 days after that, points available 2 days later (with a call to member services). I think if we total the days, these are going quickly, it just feels like forever when you are watching reservations fill while you wait.

There is a Chinese Proverb that I'll requote for our benefit .... "The Best time to plant a tree was 30 years ago, the Second best time would be today." Maybe the best time to buy our contracts was two weeks earlier, so this would be behind us lol.

Yes. The escrow agent very quickly responded to that email. Just one of those things that made someone who is brand new to this process panic just a little bit.
Once you send your wire, send your Escrow Officer an email saying wire sent, please confirm receipt. Again, that is a Normal request, everyone wants to know it was received. If sent in the morning, it "should" arrive the same day. Sounds like you are being careful - which is smart - it's the people who are clueless who get caught by the scams. You'll just feel Much better when Escrow confirms receipt.

The email we got after Mason title received our deposit actually instructs you to use an independently verified phone number before wiring money. It's nice that they put that on there for people who may not know.
Do you mind me asking when you got your first email from Mason? We are also with them (according to our agent) but haven’t heard from them. Wondering if I should be contacting them 🤔

Do you mind me asking when you got your first email from Mason? We are also with them (according to our agent) but haven’t heard from them. Wondering if I should be contacting them 🤔

The only email I've gotten from them so far is a receipt for our deposit. We did our deposit on Saturday 3/11. We got our receipt from them on Monday 3/13. Our broker (I think that's the right term) is https://dvcsales.com/ and we got an email confirmation from them on 3/11 saying the deposit was sent over to Mason title.

I haven't gotten anything else from the title company yet.

The only email I've gotten from them so far is a receipt for our deposit. We did our deposit on Saturday 3/11. We got our receipt from them on Monday 3/13. Our broker (I think that's the right term) is https://dvcsales.com/ and we got an email confirmation from them on 3/11 saying the deposit was sent over to Mason title.

I haven't gotten anything else from the title company yet.
Thank you. We did all our forms, including the one for the deposit, on 10/3 but haven’t had any kind of receipt from Mason or our broker. Have just sent an email to see if we should have had one. Perhaps brokers work differently. I’m just paranoid that something is wrong with the documentation and it’s all going to fall apart!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter