CKC Valley Forge... Leaving Today!!!!!!!!!!

I got home late last night.
~ I had to participate in a game. A game called 'chubby bunny'!

OMG! That is just too funny! I was there last night and saw everyone playing 'chubby bunny'! At least you made it to 2nd!

I also had my name called - twice actually. The first time for a stamping kit and the second time for the banana/orange game! I think I was the most embarrassed person in the room because I had absolutely no idea why my name was called and just jumped out of my seat! Little did I know that we had to do something to win and then I had no idea what we were playing for. The poor women at my table (and the 2 from other tables) never had a chance. I was laughing so hard I couldn't even play!

I won the stamping kit early in the night. It was a breast cancer survivor's kit - actually could be used for overcoming any challenge - it was just sooo weird because I am a bc survivor still battling away and when I got to the announcer I said, 'that's too funny - I'm a survivor!' (I have never won anything before.) She asked 'can I tell them?" and I said sure. It was nice to have people clapping and smiling at me.

We did 4 classes and 2 crops. All the classes were well done - altho our favorite was a 3-D scapebook presented by SEI and a 2-page layout with acrylic by Lickeysplit. We did the crop on Thursday and Friday night. The Thursday crop was just too fast and I would have preferred to just work on my own things.

Next year we plan on staying for the full 3 nights (versus 2) and only going on the vendor floor on Friday. It was so nice being able to walk the floor and look at what each vendor had to offer. Today it was just too difficult to get through and the lines were just too long. I also think we will skip the Thursday night crop and do a class or two. I'm sitting at home wishing I was getting ready for the Saturday night crop.

This was my third year going and I do think it gets better each year. (Even the food and bathroom situations were much better than last year!) The only issue we had was that they moved our reservation from the Scanticon to the Radisson even though the reservation was made 8 months ago. Not a big deal other than having to walk back and forth between the hotels. Now I just have to finish all the different projects I bought!

Just got home, we had such a great time! The Disney Board Book by Lickety Split Scrapbooks was great and I also loved Canned Memories Class by Boxer scrapbooks- they also sell the kits, we made a great Disney book in a DVD tin. My friend also won an extra Disney Board Book as a door prizeat the LS class.

Other classes that were fantastic were the Basic Gray- Latest and Greatest. We made four very cool layouts all using the brand new BG lines that are not available yet! The papers are beautiful. We also were able to purchase them at the booth- Embellist It!- and they are going to have them available through there web site soon. I really love the Mellow, Periphery and the school lines (can't recall the line of the school papers). Brag- in a- Bag was great also, we made a cute little board book and sprayed/ inked a little matching bag.

I was not impressed by the class by Little Black Dress Designs. I really felt bad for the instructor that was unable to be there because of her daughter being seriously injured, but the class was really poor and disorganized. We used phone book pages to alter a tag book and make an album, I really did not enjoy it. I wish we aould have had the oppurtunity to either cancel the class or reschedule for something different.

I loved the vendor faire, they seemed to have a lot of newer products than I remember finding at CKC- VF last year. We went Friday AM with early entry and had two hours to shop before our first class. I would make more time for shopping Friday morning in the futre. Many of the products sold out quickly by Friday afternoon/ evening. I was going to pick up a Bind- It- All machine with 12 pack of rings (64.99) in the morning but figured I'd check out more of the faire first, when I returned later in the day they were gone. It is a great machine for making books though and I will be ordering one.

We did have trouble with the hotel, our room was booked several months ago at the Raddisson (double room), all that was left at check-in was a King room and they were out of roll aways, we spoke with a manger who was less than helpful and unable to accomadate us any other way so we ended up sharing a king bed. The air conditioning wasn't working well either.

CKC- Valley Forge really was a great time overall, one huge improvement would be more space in the classes, they really sandwich you in with very liitle elbow room to work and it was next to impossible to find a cup of coffee! When we finally did, it was $3.50 a cup!

We will definately return next year and will stay Thursday and Friday night., and start classes later on Friday to have more time at the vedor faire.

OMG I hope Tina's daughter is ok. I love Tina, she is great and it has always been a treat learning from her. Prayers to Tina!!

It was a fatal accident, the mother of her Daughter's best friend was killed and Tina's daughter has a severly fractured arm and leg. I don't know any other details. Though she was having surgery Friday morning and Tina's partner got called during my class with the news that the surgery went well and Tina's DD was alert and doing fine.

It was a fatal accident, the mother of her Daughter's best friend was killed and Tina's daughter has a severly fractured arm and leg. I don't know any other details. Though she was having surgery Friday morning and Tina's partner got called during my class with the news that the surgery went well and Tina's DD was alert and doing fine.

Oh My, prayers to Tina and her family and to her friends family too.

My MIL and I just got home after spending all day at the convention. We spent way too much money, but it is all for swaps. :rolleyes1 We also got to meet Debbie. So much fun! We each won a prize - although they weren't impressive prizes. I got a 3 envelope set and my MIL got a magazine. We each got about 10 pages down, so it was worth it!

Debbie told me about your Chubby Bunny experience, Marlynn. I can't wait to see the pictures! :)

I'm just back too! So nice to go and meet all my DIS friends!!! My friend and I had a great time! Overview is that I loved all my classes, didn't leave enough time for shopping, glad I went to the crops, and they need a better restaurant at the Raddison. We are already planning next years trip.

I'll get my things together and take pics, and post my class reviews too...but the pics of Marlynn...priceless!!!

Meeting marlynnp, Mickster, DaisyDu, ValDisney, and missesdisney was so much fun!! And Brittney from Creating Keepsakes saw my LGMH and knew what it meant! SO FUNNY!!! Someone in her family is involved in the boards too!

Yes, Tina from LBD wasn't there, but Tamera (sp?) tried her best on such short notice. I thought she was great, and liked my project alot. She came by our table at the crop last night and told us that Tina's daughter was already up and they were making her walk on the boo boo...and she was grouchy and grumbling, and everyone thinks she is on the road to recovery. Very sad for all involved though...and sending PD to her for a speedy recovery! Tina called while we were talking, and we all got to yell "HI" and that we missed her...

Anyway, My suitcase is so heavy with stuff (don't tell DH :rolleyes1 he's still at the beach) that I have to unpack some to get it in the house :rotfl2:

Wish I was closer so I could go and have fun.

Thanks for sharing all your good times.

My DMom and I had aBLAST!!! I love the disney 5x5 album I made. I even went and bought the princess one. I am going to disney in less than 2 wees and I will use the one from class for my son and the other for my daughter. I will put them on their shelf in their room.

We loved the Thursday night album crop. Did you guys like that one?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter