CKC Valley Forge 2009

This is what the balloons looked like last year... This year they are round... So if you want to meet at the Friday Night Crop...look for them... come on over and sit with us!! Or stop by and say "Hi" if you are with another group!! This means lurkers too!!! The more the merrier!! :dance3:

102_2172.jpg

For those of you who are in the Thursday crop, PM me with your number or ask for mine so I can join you if you are interested!

I'm SO JEALOUS!!!

Hope you all are having a GREAT TIME!

What a great time at CKC!! Can't wait to finish all the projects I started! I'll post some reviews of classes taken, tips learned over the next few days, but overall it was a totally fun time spent with old and new friends :teeth:

Got there later than I wanted on Friday for the fair but I got some cute things. Had a spending limit for myself which was small (between jobs still) but I found 3 ring 12x12 books which I can never find and a cool glitter set with double sided tape and paper and some magic film thing that I can't wait to try!

I, too, arrived to shop on Friday later than I wanted, but I was there for a few hours. I got some good stuff and left right after the downpour! :)

These, by far, were my favorite purchases...

Cub Scout uniform kit http://www.shopatron.com/product/part_number=K120/382.0.398.0.0.0.0
Daisy Girl Scout uniform Kit http://www.shopatron.com/product/part_number=K124/382.0.398.0.0.0.0

I can't wait to put them together! :)

I saw those!! I love Boxer stuff! I took the Boxer Palooza class and one of the give aways was a pack of little shirts...I can't wait to make up a Hawaiian shirt for a summer DH page...

You were missed at the crop Mickster! We had 4 tables pushed together...I only for 2 pages done...I really have to stop packing so much stuff!

Did anyone who went to VF also go to Hartford last year? IF so, was it better? Bigger vendor fair?

What classes did you take?

I go to Valley Forge every year, but went to Hartford with DN and BFF last year. Valley Forge is huge! There was easily 25% fewer vendors in Hartford, and fewer classes too. I would have considered going back to Hartford, but they aren't having it this year.

Anyone considering going to the Quick Quotes weekend October 23rd - 25th? I had a couple classes where there were talking about it. I have to check my DD work schedule to see if I can pull this one off.

I was thinking about the weekend. I'm not sure what I am going to do yet though.

I don't think anyone from the group I went with to CKC is going to the Quick Quotes weekend. And the class I took, Paradise Found, I was disappointed in the colors. I didn't like the palm tree being a barn red...or the waves being the same color...I think they could have picked a dark teal, and the colors would have been great... So needless to say, I didn't finish in class, and will get some Bazzill to finish the projects.

That being said, I'm almost afraid to spend that much, and then not like the classes...KWIM? Anyone love the Quick Quotes classes they took? Maybe mine was the exception?

That being said, I'm almost afraid to spend that much, and then not like the classes...KWIM? Anyone love the Quick Quotes classes they took? Maybe mine was the exception?

I have liked some of the classes projects- I generally pick up some good information in velum 911- or whatever they call it in a given year. If you want to see the projects they are on the website- they use a little too much orange and lime green overall in many projects for me.

Rebecca

Thanks Rebecca, that was exactly what I needed. Looking at the pics of the classes offered helped alot!

I do love their inks though, and I stock up every year at CKC...

I didn't like the orange much either so what I did was use the other side and the palm tree I basically added some Glimmer Mist to the it and it made it much better. I took of the "waves" and did some tearing on some of the left-over paper and use that instead. Basically, made it my own :rotfl:

On another note - sorry that Megan & I missed the lunch. I ended up throwing the key lime tarts out so I wouldn't eat them all :) I guess we were in the wrong place :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter