CKC Manchester 2009

First and foremost, it was great to meet Dis'er I hadn't met before. Ya gotta love cell phones, it enabled Joyah and I to meet up finally. Z2H, thank goodness you and your Mom wore your Mafia shirts. I could tell it was you. :) Great meeting you guys.

Always fun to see Calanniebu, NEE, and Michellepooh.:grouphug: Thanks, Michelle, for my DCL cooler. It was whisked out of my hands the second I got home. Will have to steal it back from DD. :rolleyes1

CK Manchester was fun. I enjoyed just doing the vendor faire. I thought I would miss doing the classes but I was okay with not doing any. It seemed to me that it wasn't as busy as CK Hartford was attendance wise, but others felt it was. I think there was the same amount of vendors, but some vendors were different. I had wanted to get a Little Yellow Bicycle Tote Bag, but they weren't there at all. :sad2:

The bargain of the day was at the Rusty Pickle booth. They sold a Rusty Pickle market bag with tons of stuff for $10. Lots of paper, some chipboard, a mini setter, a different folded accordian card, etc.

For the second year in a row, I won a $15 gift certificate. Guess where it was for? The CM booth. :rotfl2:

It was a fun day, lunch at the tavern was good, we all had a great time.

So much fun! It was so great to see/meet all of you that I did. I will post more details and photos later - way too tired right now, but overall I had a great time. Most of my classes were terrific and the vendor faire was, as always, a very dangerous place. Some of us were having a discussion about whether to total up our purchases or not - DON'T DO IT! I just did and .... :scared1: it was QUITE a bit more than I had estimated. But, I did get a TON of stuff. Now I only have to find a place to put it all. :scared:

So much fun! It was so great to see/meet all of you that I did. I will post more details and photos later - way too tired right now, but overall I had a great time. Most of my classes were terrific and the vendor faire was, as always, a very dangerous place. Some of us were having a discussion about whether to total up our purchases or not - DON'T DO IT! I just did and .... :scared1: it was QUITE a bit more than I had estimated. But, I did get a TON of stuff. Now I only have to find a place to put it all. :scared:

Ditto - loved meeting so many of you! I refuse to add up anything - eek! - but I know I spent more than I would and DD/ZTH is happily sorting through all the treasures as I type. (Gosh, it is a big pile!) Thanks, Jen, for the tape roll for my gorgeous new ATG gun (the Mafia girls *were* carrying...!) - I owe you one! (Hey, do you guys buy refills from the Tape Depot? Is that the place you were telling me about where prices seem even better than the Framing Supply folks?) Heading to NYC in a few hours for the day Sunday with the other DD - I will be one tired - and poor - puppy by the end of this weekend. Happy, but exhausted and broke!

Ditto - loved meeting so many of you! I refuse to add up anything - eek! - but I know I spent more than I would and DD/ZTH is happily sorting through all the treasures as I type. (Gosh, it is a big pile!) Thanks, Jen, for the tape roll for my gorgeous new ATG gun (the Mafia girls *were* carrying...!) - I owe you one! (Hey, do you guys buy refills from the Tape Depot? Is that the place you were telling me about where prices seem even better than the Framing Supply folks?) Heading to NYC in a few hours for the day Sunday with the other DD - I will be one tired - and poor - puppy by the end of this weekend. Happy, but exhausted and broke!

The site I had bookmarked seems to not be selling them anymore, so I guess I don't have an alternate source after all. I looked at that Tape Depot, and it's not the same tape I use. But, Denise (disneynut14) uses a "weird" ;) kind of tape in her gun, so maybe that's it. Hopefully she can answer that for you!

So somehow I was so tired when I got home that I fell asleep with the dog on me for about 10/20 minutes, but then I woke up, went through everything, and was renergized enough to finish all my make and takes/stuff we didn't finish in class until 2:30am... they're all done now though, and I think I'm finally tired again.

Congratulations Lisa, on winning a 15$ gift card.. (I don't know why the CM booth is so funny, but I'm sure there is some story).... :)

And NEE, I totally forgot to talk about country music with you. :(

So after dinner I meant to come back and post more but fell asleep, gee I wonder why.

All in all I was a great day. I caught sight of the mafia tee's but could never get close enough to say hello. there were some great deals maggie was shopping for her 10 yr old daughter and found papers right up her alley 10 for a $1. I apperantly missed that booth. price wise I didn't do bad I actually came home with cash:scared1: but then I had mom with me so she paid for a fair amount of stuff.

It was great meeting up with Lisa and her crew, shes right thank god for cell phones. It took a few tries but what's funny is I rememer seeing Diana's pooh sweat shirt a couple of times and wondering if she was a Dis'er.

I've got so many new toys to play with I woke up to check them all out again.
They boys were VERY happy with the few things I got for them so that's good.

On the way home we were talking about the thursay night crop, can someone share info on that at least 3 of us want to try it next year.

Hi everyone

I am a New England scrapper and really wanted to go to CKC in Manchester, but it wasn't going to work with my schedule this year. I actually grew up in Ma and now live in NH about 15-20 mins from the hotel where CKC was held. Maybe next year! You ladies will have to remember to post the sign up information when it comes time. I hope everyone had a great time.

Vickey

It was so nice to meet so many new DISers and to also spend some time with the old-time DISers! Thanks to all of you for a fabulous weekend!!! Can't wait for next year!

Thanks, Jen, for the tape roll for my gorgeous new ATG gun (the Mafia girls *were* carrying...!) - I owe you one! (Hey, do you guys buy refills from the Tape Depot? Is that the place you were telling me about where prices seem even better than the Framing Supply folks?)

Your welcome!!!! I can't believe I forgot my ATG on Sat. It did however give me an excuse to buy to glue glider pro that day. You can never have too much adhesive. And yes. The refill I gave you was from Tape Depot!

Enjoy your gun!!!!! I will be altering mine soon and will post some pictures.

Glad you had fun!!!!

The refill I gave you was from Tape Depot!

Enjoy your gun!!!!! I will be altering mine soon and will post some pictures.

Glad you had fun!!!!

Thanks! (Where did I get "Jen"??? - sorry!) We'll be placing a tape order today - we made a significant dent in your tape roll during our other two classes on Saturday! We need more now! The Tape Depot has 144 rolls for $168 with FS. Wow - great price - are you happy with the tape from them? It seemed just fine on Saturday when we used it, but does it hold up well, too? Maybe we can share a case with TinkerBean to start?

I just googled "altered atg gun"...oh, my. :woohoo: There's sure a fun new world out there we're just entering - woo woo! Can't wait to see your photos and maybe Z2H and I will give it a try.

Today I can FINALLY unpack my goodies from the show, finish the cards I didn't get to in class, and review the pages and layouts I made in my other classes - but I enjoyed my monthly NYC daytrip yesterday and the WoD store for pin trading. Got some great ones.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon - somewhere! (Maybe some of you at the AE yard sale on Sunday...?) Eeek - my wallet can't take all this fun!

Just wanted to say it was nice to meet the Mafia on Saturday. You guys looked cute- Hope you all had a great time!!!

I brought cash that was my spending budget and only charged $13 over that, So I think I did pretty good. Especially considering that at the Sat. night crop they asked who spent the most and I think the last woman sat down at $1800!!!!:scared1:

My friend and I were puzzled as to how that's even POSSIBLE, but where there's a will, a scrapper will find a way I guess!

Just wanted to say it was nice to meet the Mafia on Saturday. You guys looked cute- Hope you all had a great time!!!

I brought cash that was my spending budget and only charged $13 over that, So I think I did pretty good. Especially considering that at the Sat. night crop they asked who spent the most and I think the last woman sat down at $1800!!!!:scared1:

My friend and I were puzzled as to how that's even POSSIBLE, but where there's a will, a scrapper will find a way I guess!

Holy, quacamole!!!!!! {thud}

.Congratulations Lisa, on winning a 15$ gift card.. (I don't know why the CM booth is so funny, but I'm sure there is some story).... :)
Zero - Lisa is a CM consultant. That is why it is so funny! :lmao:

Joyah quote: "It took a few tries but what's funny is I rememer seeing Diana's pooh sweat shirt a couple of times and wondering if she was a Dis'er" Can't figure out how to quote that but wanted to respond. Yes I am a dis'er. But Denise has gotten me on the cricut boards too much. I am trying to get over here a little more often. Especially so when I post people know who I am.

It was great meeting some new faces, Joyah and Zero and her mom and some people I have met before at Lisa's crops. Hello all!

I just need to let everyone know what a wonderful person Lisa is. While I was waiting for Lisa to pick me up I was cleaning garbage in my car (ie paper and such) and I was putting it in a bag. Well below that bag was a bag I had with my purse and some snacks. Well when Lisa picked me up I quick grabbed and grabbed the wrong bag. :scared1: I brought the garbage bag rather than my snack/purse bag. Bless Lisa's heart she let me borrow money. :hug: I mean I had nothing!!! And yes I had the cash in my purse and gave it to her as soon as we got back to CT. ;)

I had a great time. Got some great deals. Loved the paperloft papers. Looking forward to using those in my kids books. My daughter's name is Mackenzie, but we call her Kenzie. At one of the booths there were film strips with Kenzie on them, that was one of my favorite finds. I can second Lisa on the $10 bag at Rusty Pickle. There was SO much stuff in that bag. And I had taken a class in Hartford last year with Kim and she recognized me. I was impressed.

Looking foward to seeing everyone again and the next CKC. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter