• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Cinderella Castle Cross Stitch Progress

you are doing a wonderful job! Hats off to you! :goodvibes

Let me see if I can explain how to uplaod pictures. Sign up for a free account at www.photobucket.com. Then when you have an account there is a space up at the top where you can "add pictures". click on browse and it will take you to your pictures on your hard drive. just double click on the picture you want to upload. next hit submit. the picture you uploaded will now be in your "album" at the bottom of the page. Now, when you want to post a picture on a message board all you have to do is click on the white of the "img" and then copy. then just paste it into your post. highlite what you just added and then look at the top of the post and there will be a little yellow box with a mountian and what looks like a stamp. Its right under the font size box. click on it. And there you have it! I always preview my post to make sure that I did i right and have a picture. ;)

Mickey527 said:
I wish I knew how to post photos.
I did that cross stitch on a dark blue sweater a few years ago. I took out Tinkerbell because I thought the porportions were too off, she was just way too large. I put in as few extra fireworks.
It came out fantastic. I wear it in the fall and winter when I go to WDW.
Someday I will get someone to show me how to post photos. I had to get someone to put my signature photos in because I couldn't even do that.
Definately a computer illiterate. Peggie
Oooh, Peggie, I would LOVE to see that!! I've done a few small clothing projects, but it never even occurred to me to try something like that. I'm impressed!! :)

Week 3 Progress
dsc00475.jpg

You are making great progress.I wish I could stitch that fast.

That is awesome!! You are a quick stitcher. My brother is vacationing at Disney this week and picked up the Happiest Celebration kit for me. I can't wait to start stitching it this weekend. :) Watching you this stitch one makes me want to try it as well. :thumbsup2

{kellie} said:
That is awesome!! You are a quick stitcher. My brother is vacationing at Disney this week and picked up the Happiest Celebration kit for me. I can't wait to start stitching it this weekend. :) Watching you this stitch one makes me want to try it as well. :thumbsup2

I love that kit as well. It's on my list of ones to do after Preening Pixie and the Tink Spring Blossoms.

Ok, you've given me some inspiration. I've had Self Portrait for YEARS, but I still haven't even started. I need to get it started soon!!!

I will be visiting Disneyworld in september and I was wondering if they sell pattern books for cross-stitch . I enjoy the kits ,but sometimes I like to decide how big I am making a project by buying my own cloth and thread.

The castle is looking great! princess: I am really inspired to do a big kit like that one now!!!

princess: Caroline princess:

jennamelissa said:
I will be visiting Disneyworld in september and I was wondering if they sell pattern books for cross-stitch . I enjoy the kits ,but sometimes I like to decide how big I am making a project by buying my own cloth and thread.

I wish they did but I have never seen any. I buy the kit and then buy my own fabric, thread and needles as the quality of fabric and thread that they include with the kit just isn't up to par in my book. Plus I like working on 18ct just makes your stitches look so much nicer than 14ct.

If you are interested in trading for patterns just let me know I have a few of the Art of Disney ones and always looking for other Disney Charts especially the Cinderella ones that were sold at Michaels there were 8 in the series and I have been able to track down 5 of them.

Wow!!! Thats gorgeous! If you dont mind me asking, I'd love to know where you found the pattern. Is it just the pattern or a kit?

:wave2:
Thank you! I am headed there in May and I will check it out and see what I can find. We dont have anything like that out here in Disneyland. I had heard that DW had xs kits but I never dreamed it would be true..WooHoo.... :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I havent seen these Cinderella charts you're talking about. Can you point me to a link to see them somewhere, if I run across any of them I'll be sure to let you know. Were they exclusive to Michaels? I know, I know, too many questions...sorry...

Does this kit have the annoying 1/4 stitches and if so how do you do them without pulling out your hair?? :furious:

It's beautiful! Almost like being there.

Hi

Here's a picture of a few in the series of the Cinderella cross stitch patterns I am looking for. I know Michaels sold them not sure about other places.

67_12.JPG

As for the Art of Disney Kits if you go to www.stoneycreek.com you can see the selection of disney ones.

I haven't run across any quarter stitches yet with the Cinderella Castle but have encountered them in other patterns I have done. What I do is come up at a hole rather than come up in the middle of the square then go down in the middle of the square makes them so much easier to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter