• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Cinderella Castle Cross Stitch Progress

DizneyDogs

DIS Veteran
Well after having this pattern for several year I finally pulled it out and have started it.

Here's Week 1 Progress

week%201.jpg

Week 2 Progress
week%202.jpg

and here's what the finished project will look like when I am done
ba_1.jpg

Wow! You stitch quickly! Great job. Can't wait to see it finished!

Could you tell me which store you got it at? I would like to buy one but can't for the life of me remember which store I saw it in.

You are doing so well:)

I have this one in my waiting to get started pile (only since Nov2004!)

Let's Hope DD isn't past the fairy/princess stage by the time it's done :goodvibes

You're doing great!! I've had this one since 1999 and have been working on it sporadically since then ... it's still not done, LOL!!! I'm getting close though, and now you've inspired me to pick it back up. It will give me something to do while watching the Olympics tonight. ;)

Fast Pass said:
Could you tell me which store you got it at? I would like to buy one but can't for the life of me remember which store I saw it in.

The cross stitch kits are at the Art of Disney Stores. There is one at MGM, Epcot and Downtown Disney.

I didn't know they had cross stitch kits there. LOL Looks like another place to stop for shopping on our upcoming trip. DH thanks you ;) :teeth:

You are a fast stitcher.I finished this one about 6 months after it taking me about three years on and off doing it.I am now working on Past,Present and Forever(the one with the castle in the background and Walt and Mickey walking up the pathway)Here goes another 3 years of my life!LOL :rotfl:

I love that! You are doing a fantastic job!

Tell me, what is the finished size of this and where can you buy it?

I finished that one about a year ago after working on it for a long, long time (probably a year and a half). I had a hard time with the navy fabric but did find putting a book light behind helped a lot. I've got Past, Present and Future waiting for me but right now am working on some Pooh stuff for a baby shower that's only a week away. At least two of those four should be done in time. Baby isn't due until May so they will be done before she gets here.

That's what I am doing as well back lighting it with a lamp on the floor works great with the darker cloths. I am also doing it on 18ct navy aida as I prefer that to the 14 count it came with. In fact I never use the fabric that comes in the kits. I have been working on this while watching the olympics as well. I work on it about 3-4 hours each evening. My dh couldn't stand it any longer so I taught him how to do cross stitch and he is now doing a very cool wizard. After I finish this one I am going to do the Tink Preening Pixie one.

disneynutsss said:
Tell me, what is the finished size of this and where can you buy it?
Finished size depends on what size Aida you use, but suggested frame size is 16x20.

The kits can be bought at the Art of Disney store or World of Disney. :)

I wish I knew how to post photos.
I did that cross stitch on a dark blue sweater a few years ago. I took out Tinkerbell because I thought the porportions were too off, she was just way too large. I put in as few extra fireworks.
It came out fantastic. I wear it in the fall and winter when I go to WDW.
Someday I will get someone to show me how to post photos. I had to get someone to put my signature photos in because I couldn't even do that.
Definately a computer illiterate. Peggie

This is beautiful. I didn't realize there were cross-stitch kits at Art of Disney. Definately something I will look for on our next trip.

Has anyone ever ordered these from the mail order service at WDW?
Would anyone mind telling me how much these cost in the parks? I would love to order one and work on it now. :)
Thanks!

Mickey527 said:
I wish I knew how to post photos.
I did that cross stitch on a dark blue sweater a few years ago. I took out Tinkerbell because I thought the porportions were too off, she was just way too large. I put in as few extra fireworks.
It came out fantastic. I wear it in the fall and winter when I go to WDW.
Someday I will get someone to show me how to post photos. I had to get someone to put my signature photos in because I couldn't even do that.
Definately a computer illiterate. Peggie

Are you able to email the picture? If so I could post it for you. I would love to see it.

WOW! That is beautiful! I had no idea that there were designs like that out there. I guess I'd better up the budget for my next trip :-)

My almost 15-year old ds was bored this summer and picked up a cross-stitch kit that I had purchased to do for my dd. He decided that he would do it as her Christmas gift, and he did a great job!

Beth

{kellie} said:
This is beautiful. I didn't realize there were cross-stitch kits at Art of Disney. Definately something I will look for on our next trip.

Has anyone ever ordered these from the mail order service at WDW?
Would anyone mind telling me how much these cost in the parks? I would love to order one and work on it now. :)
Thanks!

I had someone bring me back The Happiest Celebration on Earth(The castle with the fireworks and Mickey and Friends out front of it) and Past,Present and Forever(done on a light green canvas of the Castle in the background with Mickey and Walt walking up the path)They were both priced at $45US.

Thanks so much, KellyLA. I emailed the mail order service today. Now to decide which one to get....I really like Cinderella Castle, Happiest Celebration on Earth, Past Present Forever, and Tinkerbell Spring Blossom...
decisions, decisions....maybe between birthdays and Christmas, I can get most of them. :goodvibes

I get to go to Downtown Disney this coming may. I'll have to remember to look for those! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter