Chili? Love it? Hate it? Beans or no beans?

I mean, if you look up recipes you find
Chili
and
Chili with beans.

Yup, you can put beans in your chili, but chili does not have beans.

Chili is one of our favorites. I make it with 4 cans of kidney beans (we like our beans), a large can of tomato sauce, ground beef, onions, and chili powder. I simmer mine on the stove top until it's nice and thick. Shredded Mexican blend cheese on the side and sour cream for those that want it. Always cornbread to go with it.

I'm always so fascinated as to how people debate about the smallest things on here. Keeps it interesting.
Hey, it's a discussion board. We bring our life experiences, and opinions. My mom made chili with beans, but it was always known as chili WITH beans. There are a couple of restaurants known for their chili here, and it doesn't have beans. The places that do have beans in their chili specify so. So beans in chili are common but chili stands on it's own.

Hey, it's a discussion board. We bring our life experiences, and opinions. My mom made chili with beans, but it was always known as chili WITH beans. There are a couple of restaurants known for their chili here, and it doesn't have beans. The places that do have beans in their chili specify so. So beans in chili are common but chili stands on it's own.
You need a hobby or something, I think. Give it a rest.

Eh, I can take it or leave it, but only if it doesn't contain beans. The only time I insist on it is to make hot dogs palatable.

I much prefer gumbo.

I usually make mine with a combo of ground turkey & diced venison. It has the usual stuff - peppers, tomatoes, onions, tomatoes....My husband likes beans, I don't so we go back and forth w/ that.
My husband likes his with a pb&j sandwich. I like mine with cheese & sour cream, oh and fruitcake. I always have mine with fruitcake:duck::rolleyes:

We do pinto beans although I grew up with kidney beans also being included. Our recipe has quite a good amount of chili powder and then some espresso and I much prefer it over any one else's chili now.

Step-father-in-law does not like beans in his chili so when they make it (which isn't too too often) they do it without the beans but I always feel like I'm missing something. I also prefer thicker chili. My mom would make thick chili but my dad would make thinner (more large chunks of tomatoes). I also like to put cheese in mine and if I have sour cream I like that as well.

I've never thought to put ground turkey instead of ground beef or sausage instead of beef interesting that already several people have done those. I can't say that I've had ground turkey much though so maybe that's why I never think of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter