Checkout this WISH stateroom!

Does anyone know if the chairs have been added to 6696?

My husband and I really want to try out this layout, though we're both still laughing that the cruise we managed to snag this room is the cruise that it's just the two of us, rather than sailing with our teenage kids. But not being able to SIT on the balcony is a bit of a deal breaker.
Hi, did you ever find out if there are seats? We're thinking of booking this for next year too.

Hi, did you ever find out if there are seats? We're thinking of booking this for next year too.
The cruise we had it booked for was in April 2023. But due to various other plans, we ended up canceling that cruise, so I won't be sailing on it anytime soon in order to know. I have it held for February 2024 now, but I still don't know whether or not chairs have been added. Hopefully someone else knows!

We were just in this room on the 12/9 sailing. I can confirm that there were 2 regular chairs along with the small table and one of the half loungers like they have on the pool deck. The room was fantastic, we loved the extra space and the full bedroom.

I'm shocked this room only seems to sleep 4? I thought all cat 4 rooms could sleep 5, but apparently not.

We weren't in that cabin on the Wish, but were in 7196 (a handicap accessible room that I guess no one needed, so we got it as a paid upgrade). It's also a huge room, but I just want to let people know that the hall from the "aft" elevators all the way to the back of the ship is LONG. Pretty much instead of forward and aft elevators, in all practicality, they are more forward and mid/barely aft.
But we did enjoy the space and large verandah! (not that we spent all day there, as we needed to explore the ship).

I booked 6196 for February. The veranda has an entrance in the bedroom and one in the living room. Perfect if you want to sit outside and not disturb other people sleeping. We are 4 people and are looking forward to some space. A few more paintings would be nice but when we're in our room and not on the veranda, then we are getting ready or sleeping. We have a whole ship to admire!

We have 6696 for our next cruise with good friends on one side of us and our son and his girlfriend on the other side of us. We all can't wait to enjoy our one really big verandah once we ask to have the dividers removed between the cabins:flower1:!

I booked 6196 for next year and I am so excited...And although I would love a deeper balcony with long loungers, I love love the separate bedroom! I am grateful my kids will have their own space, and my snoring husband won't wake them up. All that extra room is nice! I love the layout and the way the bathrooms are separated a bit from the living room and bedroom, but easily accessible without waking up or bothering everyone else. The 2 doors to the balcony is also nice, also adds extra light. I think the view off the back and sides of the ship will be nice too. The newer pics I have seen do include some chairs (however I don't think there will be too much shade) I think it has the same decor as in the other cabins, just more walls to put it on, making it look sparse, I don't mind that at all... plenty of beautiful decor to enjoy throughout the ship. I think the extra space inside the cabin is worth the trade off for a shallow balcony... its still a big balcony.

I booked 6196 for next year and I am so excited...And although I would love a deeper balcony with long loungers,
Even the deeper balconies only have the same recliners like the ones by the pool (no leg rest) Concierge might be the exception.20221226_143958.jpg

We just finished a 3-night on the Disney Wish in 6696, so I thought I’d give our perspective.

Cons:

- It’s a fair walk from the elevators/stairs. Not terrible and not end-of-Kidani level of walking, but it’s enough of a hike that you’ll wonder if the hallway does in fact end.
- When the engine is on and working hard, you’ll feel the bumpy motion a lot. It affected our sleep on the first and last night since the ship was moving at a fast pace those nights and so the engine was cranking.
- You’ll also hear the engine when it’s on. If noise bothers you, this will bother you.
- The balcony is very narrow.
- When we sailed the Wish in 2022, I thought the bed was one of the most comfortable I’d ever slept on. This bed was firm. Both my husband and I found it uncomfortable.

Pros:

- The space! This stateroom has so much space! It’s effectively a one-bedroom and sleeps 4. We loved being able to spread out. It was like being in a 1BR suite, though not as fancy (we stayed in the 1BR suite on the Wish on our first cruise as a splurge so we can compare).
- The balcony is so long! Plenty of space to spread out if not to stretch out.
- You can see the fireworks clearly from the balcony
- Amazing view of Castaway Cay
- Did I mention the space?

I have mixed feelings. I loved the space. We would all love the space again, and we can deal with the long walk even if it was annoying at times.

But the comfort of the bed combined with the heavy motion we experienced makes us question if we’ll book it again. Okay, we probably will give it another go, if we travel with the kids, but we may just decide to do a midship family stateroom for the convenience.

We may have given it another go on the Treasure but apparently they have no one on the Wish who can book the return offer - you HAVE to book the placeholder. By the time we got off the ship, received the placeholder confirmation, and then called to book, 6696 was gone on the sailing we wanted. Which has me questioning if we’ll go then (it’s pretty pricey) or wait to see the summer/fall sailings.

- You can see the fireworks clearly from the balcony
FYI you shouldn't be out on your balcony during fireworks (I've seen DCL ask this). If you can see the fireworks, there is a small chance of getting hit with an ember (I think I recall someone posting here that they came to their room from the fireworks and had embers on their verandah-if they'd been out there during the show, they would have been hit).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter