Checkout this WISH stateroom!

ArielRae

DIS Veteran (NJ)
Was searching YouTube and found this video of one of the WISH staterooms. It has a separate bedroom but not at a suite price they said.
Deluxe Oceanview Corner Aft stateroom with verandah - 4E Stateroom #6696

Something seems off to me with this room. It's like a room on Carnival or something. Nothing special or pretty. The two pictures are lovely, but the rest just doesn't say DCL to me. Were is the charm and whimsy? And the shape while large is just weird.
It has the same stuff as every other verandah room. It's just all spread out because this particular room is so much larger and has a separated bedroom. I guess that makes it look kind of weird.

The one thing that's really missing is a table and chairs on the verandah. I guess they decided that it's too narrow to sit on, but it looks like chairs would have worked all the way at the end.

It has the same stuff as every other verandah room. It's just all spread out because this particular room is so much larger and has a separated bedroom. I guess that makes it look kind of weird.

The one thing that's really missing is a table and chairs on the verandah. I guess they decided that it's too narrow to sit on, but it looks like chairs would have worked all the way at the end.
Was there a coffee table that I didn't notice?

Was there a coffee table that I didn't notice?
Just a small table near the couch, but that's how all of the Wish rooms are. I guess they did that to save space. The family verandah rooms are ~15 square feet smaller than they are on the Dream-class ships.

The shape is odd, but I would really like this stateroom when I cruise with my mom or my sister because we would really each have our own space. I think they could put chairs at the far ends of the verandah.

Sure seems to have a ton of storage space. And having two TV's would be a nice touch.

Yikes I would be very disappointed in that balcony. How is that a 4E? No room for even a folding chair, much less a lounge chair. I guess if you like to pace the balcony instead of relax on it this might be a good option.

Yikes I would be very disappointed in that balcony. How is that a 4E? No room for even a folding chair, much less a lounge chair. I guess if you like to pace the balcony instead of relax on it this might be a good option.
I agree. If I book a verandah I expect to be able to sit in a chair on it with a beverage and relax vs standing. The extra space inside is great, similar to some ocean view rooms on the Dream/Fantasy...but really can't be called a verandah if there are no chairs...this may need its own category...it's similar to a Juliet balcony if you can't fit a couple chairs there.

I actually have this room booked for a “maybe we’ll go” 3-night in April. I snagged it when spring itineraries because I was hoping for a crazy large room with a crazy large balcony. Amusing, I’m not traveling with my two teenage boys (the oldest will be off in college, the youngest will be away on a school trip), with whom this would be perfect, as we’d each have our own rooms.

I’m… not sure what I think about the room. I love all the space but agree all the white space makes it seem unfinished.

But it’s the balcony that really has got me. I love it’s length. But I sit out on the balcony a lot, usually reading, when we cruise, and I don’t like that it doesn’t have any chairs. I don’t care that it’s narrow, but I’d like a chair and small table.

So I’m debating if I should switch. At the same time, though, I also feel like I’ll probably never be able to book this stateroom ever again now that it’s revealed it has a separate bedroom with door, so maybe I should try it just to have the experience. Do people think they’ll place a chair and table out there?

I saw this video before and I’ve been checking a bunch to see if this is available on my cruise. I love the 8A rooms on the Dream class and this would be perfect for me sharing with my mum.

Someone posted a video of this room’s twin (6196), and it had two chairs on the huge, wraparound balcony. So chairs do fit.

Last edited:
I saw on another post from Here with the Ears about one of the extended verandah rooms that was missing loungers that due to supply issues, they were delayed in putting the loungers out there but some were expected in the future. I wonder if the same is true with some of the chairs and it's going to get some in the future?

I love this room for the layout. The decor is…nonexistent.
Does anyone know if aft rooms on the Wish have the vibration issues like Fantasy?

Oh I love it! The balcony is not a deal breaker. I usually just love to get some fresh air in morning and in evening so it will work. The idea of separation when traveling with another adult (not a spouse) is a long time coming.

Does anyone know if the chairs have been added to 6696?

My husband and I really want to try out this layout, though we're both still laughing that the cruise we managed to snag this room is the cruise that it's just the two of us, rather than sailing with our teenage kids. But not being able to SIT on the balcony is a bit of a deal breaker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter