• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chase Disney Rewards $40 Giftcard offer for DVC

Has anybody tried to do this twice (once for each spouse)? Both me and my wife have both Disney Visa Credit Cards (yes we have 4 total cards, lol!). When the initial packet came it was addressed to my name. However the Gift Card showed up addressed to "LASTNAME Family"... I was planning to have my wife call and try to get another $40 but now I'm not so sure...

EDIT: Also as a DP on timeline for those interested - I was not targeted, made the call 8/19, received the packet of info 8/26, received the gift card 8/28

EDIT2: Big thank you to OP and all those who have posted here, thanks to you all I got a free $40 towards our trip!

Last edited:
EDIT: Also as a DP on timeline for those interested - I was not targeted, made the call 8/19, received the packet of info 8/26, received the gift card 8/28

EDIT2: Big thank you to OP and all those who have posted here, thanks to you all I got a free $40 towards our trip!

Really??? I called on 8/5, got the packet 8/11, and still have no GC. I had really hoped it would come before my 9/1 trip but not looking good.
I was told 4-6 weeks even though the email said within 30 days.

Really??? I called on 8/5, got the packet 8/11, and still have no GC. I had really hoped it would come before my 9/1 trip but not looking good.
I was told 4-6 weeks even though the email said within 30 days.
Wow! The date on the letter that accompanied the gift card was 8/22 (so printed Tuesday after I called Saturday). Good Luck - hope your GC comes soon!

I called the first day I got the email, which I think was 8/1. Still no GC but I did get my packet of info.

I was not targeted, called Aug 18, got my packet AND gift card today! I'm wondering if it depends on the person you speak with. My lady was VERY enthusiastic and I asked lots of questions since we have a trip to Aulani coming up in November.

I was not targeted, called Aug 18, got my packet AND gift card today! I'm wondering if it depends on the person you speak with. My lady was VERY enthusiastic and I asked lots of questions since we have a trip to Aulani coming up in November.
I was going to say the same thing earlier. The lady I spoke with was awesome. She was very enthusiastic and we had a great 20 minute conversation, I asked lots of questions and I expressed genuine interest although I still don't think it's the right plan for us.

I was going to say the same thing earlier. The lady I spoke with was awesome. She was very enthusiastic and we had a great 20 minute conversation, I asked lots of questions and I expressed genuine interest although I still don't think it's the right plan for us.
We probably had the same person! I am genuinely interested too, but I also don't think it will work for our family.

Meh not sure about that theory because the guy I spoke with was also enthusiastic and we spoke about recent trips where it was my whole family and my upcoming trip on 9/1 with just my sister.
I really am not interested in DVC because I figured out a long time ago that its just not our vacationing style but I didn't overly emphasize that part to him and I acted excited to talk to him and have him send me the giant packet that I opened and recycled everything but the DVD.

I too had a very personable lady who was extraordinarily nice. One reason I think I may not have received my gc yet is that she called back to see if I'd received my info packet and I said I hadn't because I couldn't find it. I did get it--I remember opening it and checking to see if the gc was inside but I hadn't read the material. My dh said he thought it was just ad stuff and had thrown it out. Anyway, she sent me another packet a few weeks ago but no gift card yet.

I too had a very personable lady who was extraordinarily nice. One reason I think I may not have received my gc yet is that she called back to see if I'd received my info packet and I said I hadn't because I couldn't find it. I did get it--I remember opening it and checking to see if the gc was inside but I hadn't read the material. My dh said he thought it was just ad stuff and had thrown it out. Anyway, she sent me another packet a few weeks ago but no gift card yet.
The gift card is not processed by the same company the packet is processed by. The packet is processed by a 3rd party.

Definitely lucky. For clarification: these were 2 different packages that happened to arrive on the same day?

The gift card is not processed by the same company the packet is processed by. The packet is processed by a 3rd party.
wonder if when the guide sends the documentation to the 3rd party would account for the disparity in how fast the GCs are sent out. People are calling 2 weeks after others and already have the card.

I called on 8/5,If I don't have the card next week I will be calling again.

Asking this question again (which I asked yesterday) just so it doesn't get lost in the comments:

Has anybody successfully done this twice in their household (both spouses)?

Definitely lucky. For clarification: these were 2 different packages that happened to arrive on the same day?
I guess I was lucky. I definitely wasn't expecting to receive the GC so soon. Yes, got them both yesterday, different packages. The info package was by my front door and the gift card was in my mailbox. The GC was in a large legal size white envelope.

wonder if when the guide sends the documentation to the 3rd party would account for the disparity in how fast the GCs are sent out. People are calling 2 weeks after others and already have the card.

I'm hoping they batch process the gift cards so everyone who called in over X days had gift cards processed last week. Maybe they processed the orders LIFO? (Last In First Out). Ridiculous to do it that way, but well- it's Disney...

How long did your rep tell you for the GC?
Even though the email states within 30 days of the call my rep at the end of the call said 4-6 weeks.
Pretty dang annoying but I won't call unless I don't have it at the 6 weeks mark.
I wish the GC processors were like the tickets processors because I always get my tickets way before they said they'd arrive.

Asking this question again (which I asked yesterday) just so it doesn't get lost in the comments:

Has anybody successfully done this twice in their household (both spouses)?

My sister and I each have our own Disney visa card but we live together and she said she thought it was only one GC per household so she didn't bother doing it.
Not sure if its definitely the case or not but you could have your spouse call and not mention that you already got one with your card and just see if they approve it or say that someone from that address already called.
It's not gonna do any harm.

How long did your rep tell you for the GC?
Even though the email states within 30 days of the call my rep at the end of the call said 4-6 weeks.
Pretty dang annoying but I won't call unless I don't have it at the 6 weeks mark.
I wish the GC processors were like the tickets processors because I always get my tickets way before they said they'd arrive.

he said 4-6 weeks, he also said $25 GC and I corrected him that the offer I received was for a $40 GC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter