CDC changing requirements tomorrow...

Attachments

• 866329DD-7111-4B45-BEEC-3EECC764FFEC.jpeg
    866329DD-7111-4B45-BEEC-3EECC764FFEC.jpeg
    47 KB · Views: 9
FYI for those that were wondering about flight delays, this from the CDC website (dated yesterday):

If the first flight in your trip is delayed past the 1-day limit of testing due to a situation outside of your control (e.g., delays because of severe weather or aircraft mechanical problem), and that delay is 24 hours or less past the 1-day limit for testing, you do not need to be retested. If the delay is more than 24 hours past the 1- day limit, then you will need to be retested.

If a connecting flight in your trip is delayed past the 1-day limit of testing due to a situation outside of your control (e.g., delays because of severe weather or aircraft mechanical problem), and that delay is less than 48 hours past the 1-day limit for testing, you do not need to be retested. If the delay is more than 48 hours past the 1-day limit, then you will need to be retested. (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html)

FYI for those that were wondering about flight delays, this from the CDC website (dated yesterday):

If the first flight in your trip is delayed past the 1-day limit of testing due to a situation outside of your control (e.g., delays because of severe weather or aircraft mechanical problem), and that delay is 24 hours or less past the 1-day limit for testing, you do not need to be retested. If the delay is more than 24 hours past the 1- day limit, then you will need to be retested.

If a connecting flight in your trip is delayed past the 1-day limit of testing due to a situation outside of your control (e.g., delays because of severe weather or aircraft mechanical problem), and that delay is less than 48 hours past the 1-day limit for testing, you do not need to be retested. If the delay is more than 48 hours past the 1-day limit, then you will need to be retested. (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html)
Thanks for finding and posting this. Our tests were already scheduled for the day before our flight, but we connect in Vancouver before the second leg to Honolulu and I did wonder about this.

Guess our pharmacist knew what she was doing scheduling our tests the night before our flights! I’m glad I’m not scrambling to reschedule those, at least.

So I’m trying to figure this out. Say my flight leaves 9pm Sunday. Does that mean we are ok if we test Saturday around noon?

The attestation form has been updated. It clearly states one calendar day, it does not say 24 hours. Just before anyone panics. It also maintains the same wording in regards to the type of test, so antigen is still good. 👌

Attachments

• Combined-Passenger-Attestation-Amended-Testing-Order-12-02-2021-p.pdf
    307.5 KB · Views: 16
The attestation form has been updated. It clearly states one calendar day, it does not say 24 hours. Just before anyone panics. It also maintains the same wording in regards to the type of test, so antigen is still good. 👌
Thank you! It’s crazy to me how the media is reporting inaccurate information. I was listening to a radio talk show for a few minutes last night, the host usually reports everything in an accurate, level headed way and she kept saying it’s 24 hrs (versus 72 hrs before which it wasn’t), how you can’t get a test result now as there are few places in Ontario that give them under 24 hrs unless you pay $350 and how she’s canceled her own trip to Disney as a result of these changes.
I don’t get it, but almost all outlets reporting this wrong.
I always go to the source in this case CDC and of course these boards 🥰 I looked it up last night but fell asleep lol.
Does not see anything that says it’s for land border (yet) and it does say 1 day as opposed to 24 hrs.

Thank you! It’s crazy to me how the media is reporting inaccurate information. I was listening to a radio talk show for a few minutes last night, the host usually reports everything in an accurate, level headed way and she kept saying it’s 24 hrs (versus 72 hrs before which it wasn’t), how you can’t get a test result now as there are few places in Ontario that give them under 24 hrs unless you pay $350 and how she’s canceled her own trip to Disney as a result of these changes.
I always go to the source in this case CDC and of course these boards 🥰 I looked it up last night but fell asleep lol.
Does not see anything that says it’s for land border (yet) and it does say 1 day as opposed to 24 hrs.
That’s absolute garbage and she should be called on it. There is so much legitimate change and uncertainty lately that responsible reporting should be a must these days.
It has ALWAYS been that a rapid antigen test comes back in about 30 minutes and they are widely available.

I think a lot of people aren’t even stopping to think about the difference. I said to my husband I was trying to figure out if it was a day or 24hrs. He said “what’s the difference”. When I explained it makes a big difference if you have a late flight, he said he didn’t even think of that.

And yeah if people don’t see that the antigen tests come back quickly they just haven’t even looked into it properly.

Ugh. Our flight leaves at 9pm at night (thanks WestJet). And what happens if your flight gets delayed?

Now I’m thinking the switch health tests and do them the morning before our flight is the best option.

I'm leaving Dec 26th at 530 pm and there seems to be a lot of openings available earlier in the day at various shopper's drug marts (in Toronto) even over the Xmas period.
That’s absolute garbage and she should be called on it. There is so much legitimate change and uncertainty lately that responsible reporting should be a must these days.
It has ALWAYS been that a rapid antigen test comes back in about 30 minutes and they are widely available.

Her (the radio host) loss then for cancelling her own trip without doing due diligence in getting these details!
Playing devil's advocate, the initial news from NY Times and even CTV were using "24 h" and "1 day" interchangeably, even within the same story. This suggests that the news outlets were not really paying much attention to how these differences implicate travellers. But yes, if this host was on an actual news show, then she should have researched her information better.

I wanted to message her but didn’t find a way to do it - I was out and about… but yes I totally agree. Totally wrong information. People canceling travel all over.
Yes, it is a change and yes more changes can come but come on.

I'm leaving Dec 26th at 530 pm and there seems to be a lot of openings available earlier in the day at various shopper's drug marts (in Toronto) even over the Xmas period.

Her (the radio host) loss then for cancelling her own trip without doing due diligence in getting these details!
Playing devil's advocate, the initial news from NY Times and even CTV were using "24 h" and "1 day" interchangeably, even within the same story. This suggests that the news outlets were not really paying much attention to how these differences implicate travellers. But yes, if this host was on an actual news show, then she should have researched her information better.
I think she said she was going to go to Disney but now that’s not the window. Not sure if she actually had it booked, but regardless. I was kind of surprised about the information being thrown out there and saying how it’s impossible to get a test now.
If I was just listening to her show & was the sort of person that just doesn’t know where to look for information, it would totally put me off from booking anything and probably even cancelling an upcoming trip.

I know we could go to shoppers in the morning. But we have stuff going on the night before and who knows exactly what time we would all be around to get tested in the morning.

If we can go the afternoon of the day before though. That’s not an issue.

More food for thought everyone: I posted another thread asking for a link directly from WDW's website, which I cannot for the life of me find, but all the blogs state they reverted back to their original cancellation policy at the beginning of May. Cancelling a resort/package reservation less than 24hrs before check-in means ZERO refund. 😬

More food for thought everyone: I posted another thread asking for a link directly from WDW's website, which I cannot for the life of me find, but all the blogs state they reverted back to their original cancellation policy at the beginning of May. Cancelling a resort/package reservation less than 24hrs before check-in means ZERO refund. 😬
That’s worrisome . Even more reason for people to look into Covid travel insurance.

That’s worrisome . Even more reason for people to look into Covid travel insurance.
Have any of us found a policy that would cover this scenario? I know we've found ones that will cover interruption (meaning you're already on your trip) due to quarantine and/or C19 illness, and I think someone just posted about a policy that covers cancellation (meaning you have not departed yet) due to illness (likely requires dr's note), but I don't recall seeing any product that will cover cancellation due to testing...?

Have any of us found a policy that would cover this scenario? I know we've found ones that will cover interruption (meaning you're already on your trip) due to quarantine and/or C19 illness, and I think someone just posted about a policy that covers cancellation (meaning you have not departed yet) due to illness (likely requires dr's note), but I don't recall seeing any product that will cover cancellation due to testing...?

Well if you tested positive wouldn’t that be considered an illness?

Well if you tested positive wouldn’t that be considered an illness?
Sorry - I meant the interruption polices covered *medical* expenses in the event of illness. It took a long time for policies to expand to cover a per diem in the event of quarantine alone, I'm wondering if you need to cancel prior to departure, will they require a dr's note to prove you were actually ill, as they did with interruption previously?

Sorry - I meant the interruption polices covered *medical* expenses in the event of illness. It took a long time for policies to expand to cover a per diem in the event of quarantine alone, I'm wondering if you need to cancel prior to departure, will they require a dr's note to prove you were actually ill, as they did with interruption previously?
someone posted on a thread about Tugo (?) - it's sitting on the main page in this forum and there are newly released plans that cover cancelation (didn't look into it as the only really non-refundable part of our trip is party tix - there's no fixing my DVC in holding lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter