CDC changing requirements tomorrow...

trompettecon

Mouseketeer
Not looking good. Looks like we are going to have to test the day before leaving, and possibly again 5 days in....

Not looking good. Looks like we are going to have to test the day before leaving, and possibly again 5 days in....
We always had to test to before leaving to get on a plane so changing it to the day before isn’t a big change .

I hadn’t heard anything about the test five days in. If it’s the rapid antigen that will be significantly easier than a PCR. I guess we wait and see.

Canada changed their rules this morning as well. So far no change of traveling back to Canada from the US.

We always had to test to before leaving to get on a plane so changing it to the day before isn’t a big change .

I hadn’t heard anything about the test five days in. If it’s the rapid antigen that will be significantly easier than a PCR. I guess we wait and see.
It is absolutely a big change if you had a 2 day window to cancel certain plans and get your money back…

No antigen test accepted to get back to Canada. Must be PCR. We’ll see tomorrow 🤷‍♂️

It is absolutely a big change if you had a 2 day window to cancel certain plans and get your money back…
I don’t think your money back chances change dramatically from 48 to 24 hours. A positive test will suck and cancel your plans either way.

I’m sure the US would accept an antigen test. And those are really no big deal to get done. It’s really not a huge deal.

Also a lot of what the US does seems to be “recommendations”. Not requirements. Like I don’t think they will be hunting you down to get a 5 day test.

No antigen test accepted to get back to Canada. Must be PCR. We’ll see tomorrow 🤷‍♂️
An antigen test has never been accepted to get back to Canada by plane. I think we might be misunderstanding eachother . I meant that a day 5 test requirement in the U.S. would be a lot easier if it’s rapid antigen. I don’t expect the PCR to return to Canada to change .

I’m sure the US would accept an antigen test. And those are really no big deal to get done. It’s really not a huge deal.

Also a lot of what the US does seems to be “recommendations”. Not requirements. Like I don’t think they will be hunting you down to get a 5 day test.
I don’t think your money back chances change dramatically from 48 to 24 hours. A positive test will suck and cancel your plans either way.
It actually does. I booked some very expensive activities that need to be cancelled more than 48 hours in advance. Everyone's plans are different....:)

An antigen test has never been accepted to get back to Canada by plane. I think we might be misunderstanding eachother . I meant that a day 5 test requirement in the U.S. would be a lot easier if it’s rapid antigen. I don’t expect the PCR to return to Canada to change .
We are misunderstanding each other. Everything everyone is saying here is true. But circumstances are different for everyone... :-)

It actually does. I booked some very expensive activities that need to be cancelled more than 48 hours in advance. Everyone's plans are different....:)
I’m sorry to hear that and can understand the your concern . We are also travelling in a pandemic so everyone’s risk tolerance is different too. I’m not booking things I’m not prepared to lose. It’s a gamble.

Ugh...we are planning on driving and leaving 2 days before. So that means we would need to test again when we arrive in the US? Our plan was to split up a 10hr drive with a hotel stop in the middle.

Or do you mean..if we test and then cross the border, it's fine.
P.S. - It's a 7 night cruise for us so not sure how the 5 days in would work.

Ugh...we are planning on driving and leaving 2 days before. So that means we would need to test again when we arrive in the US? Our plan was to split up a 10hr drive with a hotel stop in the middle.

Or do you mean..if we test and then cross the border, it's fine.
P.S. - It's a 7 night cruise for us so not sure how the 5 days in would work.
I don’t know that this affects land crossings. Let’s keep our fingers crossed that it doesn’t.

For us, our trip is in 3 weeks so need to see how things go and make a decision soon. (Can cancel 48 hrs before for refund)
We were debating on flying vs driving, but would definitely be driving now.

5 days in would be when we were planning to get our tests to return home anyways.
I am wondering how busy and overwhelmed testing locations will be if this is a go. Travelers needing to test 5 days into their trip, travelers testing to get home. I wonder if this is going to overwhelm labs and getting results in a timely manner?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter