Carribean Beach Resort

Mark819

Earning My Ears
We are staying at DCB in October of this year. I am nervous because I see lots of low ratings and of all the moderates it is almost always rated the lowest. Should I be concerned or maybe just a few Disney haters out there. Don't know how that could be, yay Disney!!!!!!

I loved CBR when we stayed there. The sandy beaches and the hammocks were really nice. I think the pool there is one of the best and the food court was great. It is a very big resort and some people complain if they get assigned a building that is too far from the main building with the food court and pool. You can book a preferred room that is closer but it will cost you a little more. We stayed in Jamaica which was a very easy walk to everything and not considered a preferred building. The rooms were nice and very clean, but they do just have the double bed instead of the queen beds, I wish they would up-date to Queens. I bet you will love it there, have Fun!!!

That seems to be the biggest complaint is the long walk to anything and the wait for the bus to the parks. We are going in middle of October, we have heard several times that this is the best time for weather and crowd levels so maybe that will off set the long walks if that is indeed the case. I am sure it will be fine, never had a "bad" Disney experience. By the way, we are staying in one of the Pirate Rooms for our 10 yr and 6 yr olds. We heard that these rooms are the farthest away, but I am sure worth it for the kids, they don't know it yet.

I am sure you will love it. I think if I remember right there is an internal bus service that just travels around the resort that you could always jump on to get the the food court. October is a nice time to go, the weather seems to be cooling off and the crowds aren't too bad, hope you have a great time. We are going in November and staying at Port Oreleans Riverside, can't wait.

Thank you for the input. Enjoy your trip in November!

Sent from my EVO using DISBoards

never once have we had any issues with the bus service during our stays there, and yes there is an internal bus. This is an awesome resort Im sure you will love, we sure do!:)

Every resort has its lovers and its haters. It all comes down to taste and preference. It's been a while since we stayed at CBR, but we loved it. The tropical feel just gave me that added feel of being on vacation. I thought the resort was beautiful. We stayed in Martinique, so we never noticed a long walk to anywhere. I know some sections are farther away from the pool, but as others have noted, there is an internal bus. As for the bus service, again, every resort thread will have someone complaining about bus service. EVERY thread. Personally, we've always had great service. The only times I recall waiting for a bus for any length of time was leaving MK or Epcot on EMH nights. And even then, we waited no longer than 20 minutes. I've never had such a wait at CBR or POR.

That seems to be the biggest complaint is the long walk to anything and the wait for the bus to the parks. We are going in middle of October, we have heard several times that this is the best time for weather and crowd levels so maybe that will off set the long walks if that is indeed the case. I am sure it will be fine, never had a "bad" Disney experience. By the way, we are staying in one of the Pirate Rooms for our 10 yr and 6 yr olds. We heard that these rooms are the farthest away, but I am sure worth it for the kids, they don't know it yet.

We will be there 10/19-10/24 also in pirate rooms! My boys (ages 7,6,and 4) don't know either. They actually just found out we are going, but we told them we are staying at POR! They are huge jake fans, so I'm sure they are going to freak out when they see the room! The walk is going to be worth it!

Have all rooms been updated with the new white bed linens? No more bedspreads??

Ignore the Disney haters! People complain about EVERTHING, so you get to a point when you have to dismiss it. Caribbean Beach is fantastic. The grounds are so lush and tropical, and I really feel like I've been dropped off in the middle of the Caribbean. I love the welcoming, happy go lucky, not a care in the world vibe that you get from CBR and its employees.

My family and I have stayed at all the moderate resorts, a few deluxe and values. So we have varied experience to speak from. POR is our favorite moderate, but we don't mind staying at CBR. It's a nice change of pace. And we actually are staying at CBR this October for free dining and F&W! Soooo excited :bitelip:

Each time we read about the different resorts before our stay we come across people complaining about the buses. It doesn't matter which resort, how big or small, you will always find people complaining about the buses. Personally, we have never had any issues with the buses like others above similarly mentioned. Parks during EMH are expected to have longer waits but I've never experienced more than 20 mins. There is also an internal bus to transport you to different areas of the resort and it is helpful. Personally I feel that if you are heavily concerned with the distance from your room to the main area you should upgrade to a preferred room.

CBR's pool and food court is my favorite of all the resorts! I love the tropical market vibe of the dining area. Nice variety of food and lots of comfortable seating. Like I said earlier, it's so laid back. Also, the pool is very fun and interactive. And if you decide that you don't like it then there's 3 or 4 other quiet pools that are lovely for you to use. I truly feel that this resort has a little bit of everything to appeal to many people. It's great and you definitely need to experience it for yourself before you write it off or stay somewhere else.

Ignore the Disney haters! People complain about EVERTHING, so you get to a point when you have to dismiss it. Caribbean Beach is fantastic. The grounds are so lush and tropical, and I really feel like I've been dropped off in the middle of the Caribbean. I love the welcoming, happy go lucky, not a care in the world vibe that you get from CBR and its employees.

My family and I have stayed at all the moderate resorts, a few deluxe and values. So we have varied experience to speak from. POR is our favorite moderate, but we don't mind staying at CBR. It's a nice change of pace. And we actually are staying at CBR this October for free dining and F&W! Soooo excited :bitelip:

Each time we read about the different resorts before our stay we come across people complaining about the buses. It doesn't matter which resort, how big or small, you will always find people complaining about the buses. Personally, we have never had any issues with the buses like others above similarly mentioned. Parks during EMH are expected to have longer waits but I've never experienced more than 20 mins. There is also an internal bus to transport you to different areas of the resort and it is helpful. Personally I feel that if you are heavily concerned with the distance from your room to the main area you should upgrade to a preferred room.

CBR's pool and food court is my favorite of all the resorts! I love the tropical market vibe of the dining area. Nice variety of food and lots of comfortable seating. Like I said earlier, it's so laid back. Also, the pool is very fun and interactive. And if you decide that you don't like it then there's 3 or 4 other quiet pools that are lovely for you to use. I truly feel that this resort has a little bit of everything to appeal to many people. It's great and you definitely need to experience it for yourself before you write it off or stay somewhere else.

Ditto, above.
Ignore the complainers. Biggest complaint that i have seen is the size. We like that it is a big resort. Even when crowded it does not seem so. If you like to walk/jog, the trail is wonderful. The Hubby always packs bread because he loves to sit on the beach and feed the ducks- :lmao: Enjoy, you will have a great vacation at whichever resort you choose.

First off, I am one of the CBR "haters". I have stayed at all of the Moderates, and CBR was far and away my least favorite. That does not mean it was the 5th gate of hell, just that it didn't wow me.

CBR is huge. So a quick pop over to get a snack from the food court, or to just refill your mug, is not going to happen. If you walk to the food court from your room, fill your mug up and start sipping as you walk back, it will be empty by the time you get to your room. Kind of a bummer.

Also, 7 bus stops are just way too many. The buses did come at a pretty good pace, we didn't have any long waits for a bus to show up. However you then have to sit through a large number of stops before going anywhere. Or before getting back to your room at night.

Lastly, the food court was meh. POR's is much much better. As is POFQs. Even the Pepper Market at CSR has a nicer selection of offerings. There was also the rude CM who was yelling at people in the food court when I was at CBR for lining up "the wrong way". Kind of a turn off, though I am sure she is not there all of the time.

Even after all of that I would stay at CBR again. However I would only do so in a preferred room. That way I would be close to all of the main buildings, and not have such a long bus ride around the resort.

CBR is our favorite moderate resort! It has such a festive beach theme, my kids LOVED the pool area, the playground, the hammocks, etc.

We did request one of the buildings right by the bridge that leads to the food court/pool, so I think that made it easier on us.

I think you will love it!

Although we are DVC members, we always find time to visit CBR when we visit WDW.

We've always loved CBR, and stayed there a few times before joining DVC. The resort has beautiful views, and we love walking around the entire resort with cameras in hand.

Each resort has its fans, and we happily count ourselves as fans of CBR!!!

We're staying there in November and I was a little nervous since it seems to be the least liked of all the Moderates. We will have our own car there so if our room is far away I'm just planning on driving over to the food court for coffee/breakfast on our way out for the day. Usually when we get back at night I'm so beat I don't want to go anywhere so I don't think it'll be an issue for us.

Subbing to this thread because we just booked the FD for CBR for late October. We love POR and as a family of 5 have loved staying all together in the Alligator Bayou rooms. But, as that was not an option this year, we are staying for the first time at CBR in 2 rooms. I am looking forward to experiencing a new resort this year and my kids are very excited. We are in a standard room now, so I am wondering if I should/could put in a building request and which one of the standards would be closest to the main area.

Thanks for all the great info! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

We are staying at DCB in October of this year. I am nervous because I see lots of low ratings and of all the moderates it is almost always rated the lowest. Should I be concerned or maybe just a few Disney haters out there. Don't know how that could be, yay Disney!!!!!!

Stayed there last October after not staying there for years and loved it. Stayed at POR 1 month prior and just did not like the resort. We were in Barbados I believe. Water view and asked for corner room. We got room 1313...no bad luck! Loved the room and location. We were close to the bus stop and a short walk from OPR. I'd stay there anytime...wish we could on our DVC points....I'd pick it again and again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter