Canobie Lake Park Meet Poll!!! **Update** We've got a date...Aug. 21!!!

Which August date works best for you/and or your family?

• Sat..Aug 6

• Sun..Aug 7

• Sat..Aug 13

• Sun..Aug 14

• Sat..Aug 20

• Sun..Aug 21

• Sat..Aug 27

• Sun..Aug 28

Results are only viewable after voting.
First one home, first one to post!!! Had a terrific time, a ton of fun...one might even say we had 'buckets of fun'!!!!! Great weather too. It was even fun getting soaked. Met some great dis'ers....nice to meet Mary Ann, Julia, Ginny, Chris and Patrick. And great to see you Barb and Kim again. And of course you Karen! Good to have faces to go with those screen names. And Kim...wish we could have hung out more. Looked for you in the kiddie section but didin't see you. Sorry. So, in the most reverential of fashions, I say...... :worship: princess: BC.....great fun!!!

Diane may have made it home first, but I got pictures :)

f2b83007.jpg

Julia and Katie have fun on the Yankee Cannonball

f2b82f81.jpg

Julia, Katie, Chris, and Patrick take a ride on the swings.

f2b82f38.jpg

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream (except for Chris, who screams for diet coke).

f2b82ee6.jpg

Hello down there! Barbara, Jean, Chris, and Patrick wait for us to get off the Ferris Wheel.

f2b82faf.jpg

Top row: Patrick, Chris, Diane, Barbra, George
Bottom row: Jean, Karen, Mary Ann, Katie, Julia

Thanks for posting the great pitcures, Karen (Julia says Thanks too!!!)

I had such a great day and spending it with such fun people was just the icing on the cake. Chris, Patrick and Jean were still there when I left. Thought I'd hit lots of traffic but only pockets here and there.

Did you torture Barb all the way home with your new flute, Karen?

magiroux said:
Thanks for posting the great pitcures, Karen (Julia says Thanks too!!!)

I had such a great day and spending it with such fun people was just the icing on the cake. Chris, Patrick and Jean were still there when I left. Thought I'd hit lots of traffic but only pockets here and there.

Did you torture Barb all the way home with your new flute, Karen?

Flute?? What flute?? As usual I left too early...but, the cook-out was very yummy...and had some tastly Grey Goose vodka on ice...home now and looking forward to bed. Great shots Karen..thanks!

BouncingTigger said:
Flute?? What flute?? As usual I left too early...but, the cook-out was very yummy...and had some tastly Grey Goose vodka on ice...home now and looking forward to bed. Great shots Karen..thanks!

Oh man!!!! Katie left her screen name logged in...so I posted under her name. This is not going to be a good thing. And to think that I used to laugh at those who posted in error with the childs screen name...yep, he who laughs last, lasts best. And it's not me. Off to have a chat with Miss Kate!!

We missed all of you! Unfortunately, we couldn't get there until 2 p.m. (due to fixing my car's brakes). Looked for lime green but no one made any eye contact. DH, DD, and I all wore green! We had a good time but would have loved to have met you. Oh well, maybe next year!
Cindy

:grouphug:
We're almost dry now. What a crew, we really enjoyed ourselves. Hello to all the Princesses, especially Princesses Katie & Julia! princess: princess:
Hope the Bar b que went well, Diane, George & Katie!
Hey, Barbara how long did it take you to get Karen Home? :rotfl2:
The guys did one more spin on the Yankee Canonball.
As for me,I raised my arms & screamed like a banshee-the other women in the ladies room didn't seem too appreciative :goodvibes
Karen your pix are great as soon as we--Chris--find out how to post ours we'll share.
So good to hear Mary Ann & Julia didn't run into mega traffic
Nice to meet you Kim, yr Mom & the boys, sorry we couldn't see more of you all.
what a lovely park, nice day & great Dis'er's!
:sunny:

Jean, Chris & Patrick

I JUST GOT HOME 20 MINUTES AGO!!!! I swear we did not leave until almost 9:30 and then we got stuck in a ton of traffice on 495!!

We looked all over for you....we went to the ferris wheel and did not see you so we went on a few kiddie rides etc. Ended up at the water park at 6-7 p.m.!!! Then out to eat and more rides!!! LOL Boy you all pooped out fast! :rotfl:

We had a ball...wish we had seen you all more! :guilty: Seems to be the way it goes with me but I swear we were looking all over for you!!

Kim

Sorry we all missed you Cindy...I kept looking for more lime green but to no avail. By 2ish we were way over in the far end of the park, by the flying swing things. We'll catch you the next time!!
And Jean....I just knew you could get those arms up and scream..but you might want to find a more 'appropriate' spot for it.
Katie was so proud that she did the rollercoaster...thanks to all of you who took her.

Kim...wow, you are a party animal!!! Katie really wants to go back again, so it looks like we're going to be making an entire day of it next year. How was the water park area?? That's what she really wanted to do yesterday. But, after whining and pouting about us leaving 'so early' (3:30), she almost fell asleep in the car and was entirely pooped by 8:00 at the cookout.

it was a ton of fun....more meets are most certainly in the future!!!

BouncingTigger said:

I had to do a double-take when I saw Katie's 1st post and she was talking about Grey Goose Vodka - what????

Just wanted to say what a great time I had also!!! The ride home was uneventful and Karen was very considerate and kept the flute quiet, although she threatened as we were leaving the parking lot!!! By the way, great pics Karen!

Kim, it was too bad we never got to connect up again but I think it sounds like this maybe an annual event???

STILL trying to rid myself of the headache, but did sleep for over 10 hours when I got home!! Might leave here early today...

Looking forward to seeing those Dec. DISers at JELLYROLLS!!!!!! :banana:

goofy4tink said:
By 2ish we were way over in the far end of the park, by the flying swing things.

How come there's been no mention of the chunks?

I should have played the flute in the car to drive Barbara crazy but then again, since she was driving, it was probably a better idea not to play my flute.

Kim, sorry we never ran into you again. You must have walked over to the Ferris wheel when most of us were on it, and the rest of us were in line. Glad you had fun! I can't believe you all stayed that late. Very cool :)

Cindy, sorry we never ran into you. I saw lots and lots of lime green--that sure is the hot color this year.

We should definitely make this an annual event. Maybe next year we can go on a Saturday so that we can all stay as late as we want and not have to worry about getting up for work the next day (well, assuming we all have Mon-Fri jobs).

Karen

travelin' tigger said:
I had to do a double-take when I saw Katie's 1st post and she was talking about Grey Goose Vodka - what????

Just wanted to say what a great time I had also!!! The ride home was uneventful and Karen was very considerate and kept the flute quiet, although she threatened as we were leaving the parking lot!!! By the way, great pics Karen!

Kim, it was too bad we never got to connect up again but I think it sounds like this maybe an annual event???

STILL trying to rid myself of the headache, but did sleep for over 10 hours when I got home!! Might leave here early today...

Looking forward to seeing those Dec. DISers at JELLYROLLS!!!!!! :banana:

Oh God!!! I just knew someone was going to pick up on that Grey Goose comment!!! I have spoken to Katie about staying logged on with her screen name!!! How interesting for her to have her very first post to the DIS boards be about vodka!!! Bad mommy.
Still waiting to hear about this flute!!! Is Karen now like the Pied Piper??

goofy4tink said:
Still waiting to hear about this flute!!! Is Karen now like the Pied Piper??

We played games before we left. We went fishing, and went to the duck pond. I won a pencil for fishing, and a little plastic flute at the duck pond.

Diane, I'm the pied piper now? Leading all the rats around Canobie Lake Park with my flute? LOL. I guess I'll always be the fearless leader, won't I. LOL

Karen

Oh, and by the way, I forgot to mention that Jerry was in that group shot in front of the fountain, but he dove into the fountain, so he was out of the shot.

Karen

TLinden16 said:
How come there's been no mention of the chunks?

I should have played the flute in the car to drive Barbara crazy but then again, since she was driving, it was probably a better idea not to play my flute.

Kim, sorry we never ran into you again. You must have walked over to the Ferris wheel when most of us were on it, and the rest of us were in line. Glad you had fun! I can't believe you all stayed that late. Very cool :)

Cindy, sorry we never ran into you. I saw lots and lots of lime green--that sure is the hot color this year.

We should definitely make this an annual event. Maybe next year we can go on a Saturday so that we can all stay as late as we want and not have to worry about getting up for work the next day (well, assuming we all have Mon-Fri jobs).

Karen

If our grand and glorious leader would take note in my earlier post (of last evening!!) I do believe I paid homage with my worshipping princess BC....I would show you now, but can't seem to get the 'smilies' to insert this morning!!

goofy4tink said:
If our grand and glorious leader would take note in my earlier post (of last evening!!) I do believe I paid homage with my worshipping princess BC....I would show you now, but can't seem to get the 'smilies' to insert this morning!!

That's right, you did mention Princess BC, but there has been no details or description of the actually chunkage that was going on at CLP yesterday--not by our group, mind you, but chunkage none the less. We seemed to be two steps behind Chunky Chuck all day ;)

Karen

Just wanted to let everyone know that I had a GREAT time at Canobie Lake Park yesterday. Thanks to Karen, for riding everything my mother wouldn't!! Question- Was Jerry in that pool the entire time??? :worship: JERRY!!

LOL, Katie. Your mother is a wimp ;) We had so much fun, didn't we?

Jerry sure did love the pool.

Karen that is SO funny that you played in the duck pond...was that is the kiddie section? If it is what I am thinking of (across from the small roller coaster) my Mom and I were cracking up saying that NO ONE person played that game the whole time we were there!

We had to of just missed you all in the swing area around 2 ish! We were there are the same time....must have been inside the catapillar! :rotfl: Oh and there was chunks there! LOL

Mattie woke up this morning in his crib saying "ride"!!! LOL That was all he said all day long!!!

We had so much fun that we are going back on Thurs with DH!! Back to school next week so it's worth squeezing it in!

I will be there next year and maybe when I get off the carousel you might all still be there instead of blowing me off! I figure it was pay back for my Jerry disappearance!! :rotfl2: You know what they say about pay back! ;)

Karen if you bring the flute next year I will supply the boys with the drums and symbols...you can have your own little parade! :banana:

Kim

Hey Katie..it was great hanging out with you too!!! Julia had the greatest time with everyone. Too bad she's so shy.

Ah yes, the chunk patrol. I think they should have more enthusiastic people for that job position, don't you? They would definately have MORE people (not just the crazy DIS Group) "applauding" thier efforts :rotfl2:

Jean and I were wondering if there was an exsisting formula to figure out the chunk projectile Safe Distance Zone or "SDZ" for each ride. We thought the barriers were well INSIDE that zone at the swing ride. Flying chunks, anyone???

Any math geniuses out there...Ferris, anyone, anyone?????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter