Canobie Lake Park Meet Poll!!! **Update** We've got a date...Aug. 21!!!

Which August date works best for you/and or your family?

• Sat..Aug 6

• Sun..Aug 7

• Sat..Aug 13

• Sun..Aug 14

• Sat..Aug 20

• Sun..Aug 21

• Sat..Aug 27

• Sun..Aug 28

Results are only viewable after voting.
goofy4tink said:
Looks like you and me Barb!!!! I know Karen is going...I got a PM from her this morning. Suppose she'll go wherever she is told to, since she isn't driving!!

Wish she'd reply to my PM since I don't have directions to pick her up!!!

Should we get a list going? Maybe Karen could do that - she does them so well....

5 more days!!! :cool1:

Hi everyone! Just another thought . . . Eat a late big breakfast and try to get to Canobie around 11 ish and eat a late lunch or early dinner in the park. As soon as you go through the ticket gate, the swimming pool is on the left. Maybe we could just meet up at the swimming pool (between the entrance and exit gates). There is no real picnic options except eating in your car. (They do have picnic tables on the right side of the park but that is for group functions and not accessible to the general park population. You have to pass through a gate with a guard.) The restaurants aren't too bad - they have a barbeque place, pizza place (Portofino), and fish place besides the other fast foods. The rides may open a little earlier than 12 noon. (I only say that as I can hear the roller coaster from my house and I hear screaming before noon.) Hopefully the weather will cooperate!
Cindy

alien said:
As soon as you go through the ticket gate, the swimming pool is on the left. Maybe we could just meet up at the swimming pool (between the entrance and exit gates).

So does everyone agree this is the best place to meet up? 11am at the swimming pool?

Basically, Julia and I will meet you all where ever everyone decides is best for the group.

However, if we are going to meet at the pool and start the day from there, I will definately have to stop somewhere to have a good breakfast before we get to the park. If that is the final plan, would anyone be interested in meeting somewhere outside the park for breakfast? I can get in touch with a friend that lives in Windham to see if there is a breakfast place close by. If we choose to meet inside the park at 11am, at the restaurant, that will work for me to have an early lunch.

I will plan on the swimming pool at 11:00....now lets hope that I get out of church in a timely fashion. Might just have to leave early, if I go at all. See you guys there. Be sure to try to have some DIS lime green on!!!

Hi Magiroux,
If you get off Exit 1 in New Hampshire (Exit 2 would be the Canobie Exit), you would get to a few breakfast places. Coming off the exit (don't go up the ramp to the mall) go straight at the lights - Bickford's will be on your left hand side. Or if you turn right at the lights, go down Rte 28. At your first set of lights, take a right for Denny's. At your second set of lights, take a left and Friendlys will be there. I would suggest getting there early as it seems breakfast places on Sunday mornings are packed!!!!
There is also another place which serves good food and is not too expensive (but is usually crowded). You take Exit 2 (Canobie Lake Exit) and go through 3 sets of lights. It is called Sammie J's and is between Brooks Drug Store and the Fire Station. It is located in an ice cream parlor but serves breakfast from 5 am to noon. The parking can be difficult but on Sundays, I think people also park across the street in that lot.
There is also a food place (not breakfast) right across from Canobie Lake Park. It is called the Clam Box - it's a tiny seasonal place with outside seating but has hamburgs, hot dogs, chicken, seafood, and ice cream.
Hope that helps.
Even though it says no picnicing - in the past, my sister brought a cooler with sandwiches and drinks. In the middle of the day, we just went to the car and ate it there.
Cindy

I just called over to Canobie and they said that the Portofino restaurant doesn't open until 12:00 noon.

11:00 by the swimming pool. Eat first, or eat later....whatever works for you. Look for those of us with lime green.

Thanks for the suggestions for area restaurants. I appreciate it :) .

We'll stop on the way for eats and meet up at the pool. That works for us!

Just a correction if anyone wants to get there earlier. The gates open at 10:30 a.m. (not 10:00 a.m.).
And Mary Ann, I also have a 9 yo DD, Jessica, who will also be there.
Cindy

:cool1: Okay people....tomorrow is the day. Dd, almost 12, is looking forward to meeting some new kids. It will be hot and humid...bring your suits. Anyone tried the new 'water park' area yet?? See you all there!!!! :wave:

Are we still on even though the weather is not looking to promising?

Kim

antkim said:
Are we still on even though the weather is not looking to promising?

Kim

You mean that thunder and lightening and rain Kim??? Here's hoping it stops in a few hours...we're going anyway!!! Bring those ponchos....come on people..we are WDW vets here. See you all in a few hours!!!

Just listened to NECN News weather. This rain is a front moving through and will be partly cloudy behind it. Good thing is, looks like it going to move through NW first so NH should see the clearing first. Of course, this could all change.

It has just changed from steady rain here to a total down pour :guilty:

goofy4tink said:
You mean that thunder and lightening and rain Kim??? Here's hoping it stops in a few hours...we're going anyway!!! Bring those ponchos....come on people..we are WDW vets here. See you all in a few hours!!!

I don't mind the rain....but it might be tough with Mattie is a stroller! I'll give it as shot though! See ya in a while....pool, right?

antkim said:
I don't mind the rain....but it might be tough with Mattie is a stroller! I'll give it as shot though! See ya in a while....pool, right?

Pool, 11am, see you all there.

antkim said:

Sorry, forgot about Mattie!!! It did just start to downpour here too, but I'm off to church. Here's hoping it clears by 10 when we hit the road. See you at the pool guys!!!

Hi guys, according to our local weather channel, it looks like some showers mainly this morning and maybe at noon but then just isolated thunder storms this afternoon with sunny breaks. It did rain for a couple of minutes this morning (hard) but nothing now at 8:51 a.m.
Maybe the clouds will keep the crowds away. When cars have to park in the overflow (grassy area beyond the parking lot), it's busy. There has been parking in the overflow all week.
I'll have to look for you all in the park - my brakes on my car went out last night and hopefully DH will fix them this morning. So please wear your lime green and we'll look for you soon!
Cindy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter