Candy from your childhood that they no longer make

Hubba Bubba gum

I can get Hubba Bubba.....at least I think I can. lol I remember seeing it not too long ago, just can't recall quite where.

Wow, I'm going back to the early '60's: candy lipstick, candy cigarettes, nickel nips (my fav - it was koolaid in little wax bottles that came in a six pack), candy necklaces, "dots" - little colored sugar dots on white paper - there are probably so many I cant remember!

I remember the koolaid in wax bottles, we had Cola flavored ones as well, we used to drink the inside and then chew on the wax forever. lol I can get candy necklaces and dots around here as well. :)

Our local candy shop sells chocolate and gum cigarettes--but not the hard white candysticks that I loved as a kid.
They also sell dots, razzles, resses pieces, and candy neckalces :goodvibes

I did love Astor pops as a kid and have not seen those around recently.

I loved Astor Pops! Haven't seen them in ages.
I liked the candy cigarettes, I used to puff the white powder out until it was gone and then eat the candy. LOL Heck if I found them I'd buy them to show my kids. LOL

Mine would be Necco 'Sky Bar' - LOVE them!! :thumbsup2

Hard to find, but lucky for me, thankfully Cracker Barrel sells them and lots of other long lost candies. :goodvibes

candy-skybar.jpg

StitchesGr8Fan said:
Hubba Bubba gum

Loved Hubba Bubba! Do they still make Charleston Chew or Whatchamacallit? How about when 100 Grand was $100, 000 bar?

Most of the things mentioned I see all the time at the Dollar Tree or World Market.

Things I don't ever see are candy cigarettes-which I used to love, or shredded gum in pouches or round containers that mimicked tobacco chew! What were candy makers thinking with those things?

Chunky bars, never see those anymore.

The original SweeTarts. You know, the one that was big as a small bar of soap. :joker: I got in a lot of trouble one time for "letting" my sister eat one. Well, she licked it! and it tore up her tongue. My mom grounded me for not telling my sister that could happen. :rolleyes2 Yeah.You can lick them, but it would take hours to wear it down. You would think she would stop licking after the first, ohhh, 100 licks...

Chim Chiminy said:
Most of the things mentioned I see all the time at the Dollar Tree or World Market.

Things I don't ever see are candy cigarettes-which I used to love, or shredded gum in pouches or round containers that mimicked tobacco chew! What were candy makers thinking with those things?

Chunky bars, never see those anymore.

I saw Big Chew at the candy store by my place about a month ago. I go to that store for my Thrills fix ( the purple gum that tastes like soap )

Orange Bubblicious and definitely Marathon bars. As kids we would fold one up and put the whole thing in our mouths. Surprised we didn't choke.

Marathon Bars are ALMOST identical to CurlyWurlies, so look for those. They are a British import here.

We have Rocket Fizz, the best store ever. Hard to find coke and pop brands, and the best candy, ever.

http://www.rocketfizz.com/

Cinnamon bears :( The little cinnamon flavored gummy bears. They used to make an oatmeal with them in it, i'd pluck them out and leave the oatmeal, lol! Can't find them anywhere anymore.

phorsenuf said:
Marathon bars. Boy do I miss those. I'm sure my butt doesn't but I sure do!

That was my pick too. I talk about them all of the time. My husband has no idea what I am talking about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter