Candy from your childhood that they no longer make

What are these ice cubes you guys are talking about??

icecubes-l.jpg

BA Sweeties Candies in Cleveland Ohio http://sweetiescandy.com/ probably has everything on this thread. The store is amazing and was like a walk down memory lane. And you can shop online, check out their website!

I found all my childhood favs there!

The original SweeTarts. You know, the one that was big as a small bar of soap. :joker: I got in a lot of trouble one time for "letting" my sister eat one. Well, she licked it! and it tore up her tongue. My mom grounded me for not telling my sister that could happen. :rolleyes2 Yeah.You can lick them, but it would take hours to wear it down. You would think she would stop licking after the first, ohhh, 100 licks...

SweeTarts were my favorite too! I can't stand the chewy ones.

Cadbury Astros

Also Vanilla Coke... they stopped producing that and Cherry Coke in Canada probably 10 or so years ago. We can still get the Cherry Coke at a specialty British grocery in my area, but whenever I go to the States I make sure to get a case of Vanilla Coke to enjoy while I'm there.

Loved Hubba Bubba! Do they still make Charleston Chew or Whatchamacallit? How about when 100 Grand was $100, 000 bar?

Yes they still make Whatchamacallit but they added carmel to it:rolleyes: and I love carmel but I don't like it in my Whatchamacallit.

Kae

I was at Cracker Barrel the other day and saw they had Zots!!! I almost bought some, but I was afraid they wouldn't be as good as I remember. besides, I bet they cost a bunch like the other retro stuff they carry.

EDIT; found this site. Lots of stuff I loved! http://www.nostalgiccandy.com/nostalgiccandy.aspx

bubble gum cigars, coconut long boys, bb bats, fun dip, gold rocks nugget gum, kits, pop rocks, slap stix (oh how I loved these!!!), squirrel nut zippers, sugar babies, wax lips, and zotz!!!

Hmm, I might have to place an order ... :)

I was at Cracker Barrel the other day and saw they had Zots!!! I almost bought some, but I was afraid they wouldn't be as good as I remember. besides, I bet they cost a bunch like the other retro stuff they carry.

EDIT; found this site. Lots of stuff I loved! http://www.nostalgiccandy.com/nostalgiccandy.aspx

bubble gum cigars, coconut long boys, bb bats, fun dip, gold rocks nugget gum, kits, pop rocks, slap stix (oh how I loved these!!!), squirrel nut zippers, sugar babies, wax lips, and zotz!!!

Hmm, I might have to place an order ... :)

They are. :rolleyes1

Peanut Butter Oompas, kind of like a reeses pieces but one half was chocolate and one half was peanut butter.

red licorice rolls.

You can get the Marathon Bar (Curly Wurly)- Bag of 20 bars from amazon for $14.86 + free shipping. Much cheaper than buying them in Epcot. haha

I get them once a year and put them away for when i get a craving. lol My kids love them now too. They were my all time favorite candy bar. :thumbsup2

Loved Hubba Bubba! Do they still make Charleston Chew or Whatchamacallit? How about when 100 Grand was $100, 000 bar?

Yes, my DD13 loves Charleston Chews, I gave her a movie theater box of them in her stocking, she loved it. :) Whatchamacallit, I still get one every once in a while but while I love caramel I don't really like it as much with it, if they made them both ways I'd eat too many of them. lol 100 Grand just changed the name, not the candy.

The original SweeTarts. You know, the one that was big as a small bar of soap. :joker: I got in a lot of trouble one time for "letting" my sister eat one. Well, she licked it! and it tore up her tongue. My mom grounded me for not telling my sister that could happen. :rolleyes2 Yeah.You can lick them, but it would take hours to wear it down. You would think she would stop licking after the first, ohhh, 100 licks...

YES!!!! I loved these!!! Now they are tiny or if you get the big ones they are chewy. I like the chewy ones too but not as much as I liked the big hard chalky ones. LOL

Bottlecaps, the root beer flavor were my favorite!

I find Bottlecaps at our dollar store. I rarely get them, we don't really like them.

Something I always look for this time of year and just cannot find anymore - Brachs heart shaped red hots.

Or ANY red hots....what happened to red hots?????

Mars bar.

Whispa (Similar to Aero bars)

I get Wispas from World Market, my friend who lives in England used to be my "dealer" :rotfl: but I found them there and now buy them there. :)

Tart & Tinys, the original ones that were like tiny SweeTarts, not the candy-coated thing sold by that name when Wonka brought them back.

YES! These too, I loved those things. Don't like the candy coated so much, wish I could find the little ones I liked to much.

Charms suckers... they were SOUR!!

Also, remember Zero bars? they were white..

I swear we have Charms here, aren't they bubble gum in the middle, or am I thinking of something else?
I remember Zero bars, and Chunk A Hunk. LOL Oh no, it was Big Hunk! ROFL When I first saw the dog Zero I thought maybe he was named after the candy bar. ;)

I think it's interesting that so many of us posted links to retro candy but none were the same. :)

I remember a chocolate thick square with raisins in it called Chunk or Chunky. I never liked it. Wonder if that's still made. I haven't seen one in years.

I remember a chocolate thick square with raisins in it called Chunk or Chunky. I never liked it. Wonder if that's still made. I haven't seen one in years.

Chunky bar. I just bought one at the Toys r Us in Times Square a few weeks ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter